How the FUCK are you supposed to balance being Jow Forums and med school?

How the FUCK are you supposed to balance being Jow Forums and med school?

Attached: FB_IMG_1565503025838.jpg (750x658, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nHekURJBR0o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>medschool

isn't that just memorization

Based

by doing SS. its called the working mans workout for a reason

Morning workouts. Can confirm is the best option by far

based quads

Not in med school but I'm in a pretty rigorous and time demanding program. You just have to make time for it. Early morning is probably best.

Which med school?

I'm not in med school yet but I'm preparing for it by restricting my workouts to an hour and getting used to working out on an empty stomach and any time of day (6 am, mid-day, 7pm, etc).
Perhaps you're having trouble because you don't plan around having your most draining workouts on days when you'll get the most sleep and the bets nutrition? If I know I'll have a bad night's sleep or won't be able to eat well that day, I do less-demanding workouts (e.g. just an upper body day).

1 min 30 s between sets

>work for biomed device company as engineer
>Have been there a while, management likes me, several of my designs have been acclaimed by the senior engineers who stamp everything
>Have been offered to have my med school paid for so they can promote me
I'm horribly squeamish and passed out in bio 101 (only bio course I had to take)
Am I fucked? Should I do it? I don't even know what medical school entails, do I gotta dissect a human?
t. Physicist/EE

Vet school here, I got to lectures at 8.45am and stay in uni till 7pm to study and then before going home I stop to the gym for an hour each day.

You can either bring your own lunch or go OMAD and just eat after the gym.

Don't party

Based and redpilled

>B-but it’s a lot of memorizing

Take a book to the gym and stop whining.

t. Physics PhD candidate who lifts 2/3/4/5

yes you should do it. people faint all the time but they all get used to it
one girl i knew fainted during an abortion - it wasn't even a graphic scene, it was just the scraping sound that got her

Doctor here
Its not as super hard as people make it.
the only hard part is the commitment. You don't need to be a genius. You just have to be dedicated enough to study a shitload. And yes if you are good at memorization you'll have an advantage.

I've seen a lot of people make it who haven't been particularly gifted or smart in the traditional sense. Just applied themselves to studying.

If its free I would totally go for it as one of the biggest issues taken care of for you

Most doctors are monkeys with a clipboard whose only purpose is to prescribe drugs. I have more respect for dentist than most doctors. A dentist is at least a kind of surgeon.

Just lift you’ll be fine

1. Eliminate virtually all bullshit that isn't medschool or being fit.

2. Realize you're getting through as long as you make a half effort

3. Read shit or do some lecture stuff on the treadmill at an incline. Now you only need an hour to lift.

>med school
Fuck doctors!
>t. Dentist gang

Currently going for Chem. Engineering and my advisers and profs all tell me I should do pre-med because I'll already have some of the requirements anyways and they say I'd do well at med school. The debt is my biggest issue with going for it. Would you say it's worth it?

I find OMADing in 3 hours is difficult if one has to cook and clean that entire time. It doesn't leave room for much else in the window between studying and sleeping. Do you have any tips for that?

Go for it. What’d you do to get your current job?

Doc-cels btfo

Become Mormon

Just stop sleeping, bro.

Isn't that all school in general?

Not dog school

Attached: E22B65FC-87C0-4724-86D6-8E0625A96C3B.jpg (480x467, 15K)

Do it man, you'd be great. You do dissect cadavers, but you'll get used to it fast.

t. first year medical student (US)

>isn't that just memorization
That makes it worse. Lots of mind numbing work without the stimulation of actually understanding complex stuff.

fucking male nurses invading Jow Forums.

3 workouts a week that include some cardio. 1 hour each. Done.

In theory, no.
In practice yes, because unis can't afford to have students drop out like flies.

>med school
LPN school is not the same as med school user

Currently an MS2. Consistently scored average first year on school tests but blew the NBMEs out of the water for every test except GPI. I blame that on our lecturers being researchers trying to make us memorize obscure details that have little clinical relevance. Also just finished my MBA over the summer as part of my MBA/MD dual degree. I'm also doing research throughout the year. I also have a needy-ass gf that wants to hang out every day.

I have 0 issue maintaining fitness in med school. I used to work out every day. Now I work out 5 times a week for roughly 1.5-2 hours doing an Oly lifting routine + bodybuilding routine. You just gotta make time, dude. No excuses.

What really helped me though was hopping on Adderall. I am a huge procrastinator and it helped me focus on school and reduced wasting time in the gym. Great appetite suppressant as well when cutting. Not to mention I've been blasting and cruising steroids since I started med school.

What is your excuse?

it shouldn't be, but it really is.

STEM I'd argue is more than just memorize X and rewrite it on the test. Its more memorize X to be used to solve problems given certain contexts.

You don't. I'm glad losers like you exist, making me look good. Enjoy making 60k a year until you're 50 though, I guess.

Fuck bro, I'm going into my fourth year of undergrad for a math and a physics degree. How's it feel to be closer to the end of it all

Med student here. Just keep in mind that if you do the pre-med course and DON'T get into med school, there are very few job opportunities out there. I had applied two times and got waitlisted both times. After my second time, I started looking for jobs and the only ones available were either sales jobs or technical jobs peaking out at sub-100k pay. Something to keep in mind.

For me, so far, it has been worth it but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who isn't absolutely dedicated to entering the healthcare field.

>making 60k a year
Doctors make more than that though.

At my school, pre-med isn't the degree, they treat it like an additional course path to fill out the requirements for med-school. I'd still have a ChemE degree to get a job with if I don't get accepted.

Funny, never thought of doctors abusing drugs for school. Just as a guess, how many of your classmates do you assume do this as well?

you don't, you pick up a smoking habit inevitably

>abusing drugs
Education isn't a competition and nobody is playing by your arbitrary rules. If something that legitimately helps someone study with minimal side effects shouldn't be allowed because you don't like it then you're an absolute moron

Try memorize your way to a math/physic degree, or any engineer degree from a GOOD university.

Aren't doctors in debt almost up until their retirement? You also are forced to practice the "Standard of Care", even if its the most efficient way to mass murder the population and riddle them with metabolic disorders.

>doctors are largely the modern equivalent of quacks

Coding problems require abstract thought

>adderall
>minimal side effects

Attached: 47D846F5-4F4E-44B4-AAA1-4D80D5F2D68B.jpg (306x534, 44K)

What are the side effects? Thinking about getting it for my legitimate ADD

>legitimate ADD

no such thing

Because you do not schedule properly
youtube.com/watch?v=nHekURJBR0o

Wow you must be terrible

Why would you want to be a doctor, they don't get paid much and they get all the stress and the insane working hours thing going on

Peter Attia mode.