Salt water fasting

what is the fucking point when cico gets you shredded like it has gotten tens of million of natty lifters shredded to single digit bf%. is this just some willpower meme or just for ultra obese retards?

Attached: download.jpeg.jpg (188x268, 10K)

I lost 50lbs doing one meal a day for a year. Didn’t know about snake juice until after, so I can’t speak for that, but fasting itself is effective as fuck. I lost muscle because I wasn’t lifting properly, but I think fasting is a great tool for fatties to get into being fit.

Does fasting actually work well for people who are fit? Say getting from 15% to 10% bf or something. Tbh it seems like every single person in the fast general are just obese people

omad is basically if which is basically just a tool to control appetite and you would have lost the same amount of fat stretching that one meal into 3. you would have also spiked protein synthesis if you ingested leucin meal so you could preserved more muscle.

fasting is a fucking meme for serious lifters trying to get shredded

basically this is what im asking itt. has anyone on here used 72h salt water fasts to get shredded or is it just obese people using it to get back to human levels

this dogshit nigger board is fucking useless ffs

There's literally a fasting thread you could've asked this in

Personally I did it just to see how I felt. I looked at it as being as low effort as it gets. Literally just don't eat and drink some salty water. It was kinda fun but everyone around me thought I was insane

Obese people need to fast to lose weight or they will have metabolic problems and rebound.

If you were already

For people who are already fit, do 24-48 hour fasts at most.

Been fasting on SJ since very late June, have lost ~40 lbs. works for me because I’m obese and I’m getting my life together.

good job user. i also believe fasting is the way to go if you are obese.

Thank you friend. My long term goal is to get 8% bf and once I’m looking good, have a nice steady diet to get somewhat shredded

does cole also recommend this?

It's what he does usually then he trains unless he gets fat for the video and fasts it all off to show how effective it can be.

yo is there are reason I crave salt? Im basically eating meat, eggs and kefir, but i like to oversalt my meals.

Yeah, he says if you’re really training, a meal a day is fine

I started fasting with a 48h hard dry fast and doing some 24 and 48 on and on, but eating retarded shit like donuts
Now I'm addicted to the feeling fasting provides, even tho here in vacation my family make fun of me when I say I'm not eating things like that but when I say I've lost 10kg in two weeks they start stfuing
I ate like crazy the night before, and ate all the day and I feel like shit, can't wait to hard dry fast 24h if not 48 to purge myself and feel great
The feeling of semi hunger and inner peace>good feeling of food and being full and well fed

I was not training or training full Yolo since I started fasting and it was hard at the beggining but in December I will do some legit stuff, apparently I havnt lost that much of muscle even tho I'm dyel, just lost the pump since I can't have a gym in here
My two cents about fasting, if omad is not great for building muscle and str this September I will go back to eating multiple times a day but I will for sure fast atleast one day a week the feeling is too great

You lost less than 1 lb a week. That's pretty shit.

>>Does fasting actually work well for people who are fit

yes, it works very well, imo better than any other method of cutting weight. 23/1 or ADF is probably the best way to go. your window for protein synthesis is barely 24 hours so there isn't a lot of reason to eat at all on rest days, and the increase in igf-1 during short duration fasts protects against muscle loss.

what is adf fren

Got fat in late teens. Spent 10 years trying every possible flavor of CICO and diet, strict paleo, keto, 16:8 IF etc.. Tracked calories and carefully weighed and measured my food. Avoided alcohol and sweets. Went to crossfit 2-3 times/week. Weight continued to creep up.

Did a 10-day SJ fast, immediately lost 10 lbs, rolled right into cycles of 2-3 day fasting, continued to blast weight off until I got lean.

After reading/watching a lot of Dr. Jason Fung stuff, I think I actually did something to fix my hormones and re-enable my body to access stored fat, whereas before it wasn't able to because my fatass broke my metabolism.

Today I stay effortlessly lean with much less discipline and attention then I was spending during my fat years. I always had the mindset, I just needed to change the tactics.

alternate day fasting

>what is laws of physics
any human being can get to 6% bodyfat eating thousand calories a day user. dont fool yourself. metabolic changes are +-20%. you cant gain weight eating in a deep caloric deficit lol

I'm not saying I was violating the laws of physics, obviously. When eating at a caloric deficit I felt like shit all the time, and I would eventually break down and overeat.

There's no excuse for a lack of self-discipline. I did what anybody should do in that situation, fucked around with the tactics until I found something that worked. Redirecting that effort towards simply not eating was magical for my body.

It's amazing how you idiots will worship this mongoloid as a fitness genius JUST because he called fatties fat. Is the bar that low for you lmao

This is essentially wrong in every single way. Some of the Golden Era guys did experiment with OMAD with high protein macros for muscle growth and got some solid results. As long as you're meeting the daily protein macro requirement, a person will grow.

The second reason people do OMAD is for the fat loss benefit. Protein despite having glucagon to reduce its impact on insulin is still light to moderately insulinogenic. Though protein is thermogenic and is not used solely for muscle protein synthesis but numerous other enzymatic reactions in the body.

>spiked protein synthesis if you ingested leucin

I'd like to see some actual research to support this claim.

Attached: itbc9yrcu3n21.jpg (1135x1101, 95K)

momscience

>spiked protein synthesis if you ingested leucin

Post links bro-tard