Why haven't you taken the cardio pill yet Jow Forums?

Why haven't you taken the cardio pill yet Jow Forums?

>significantly reduced risk of obesity, heart disease, stroke, cancers, type 2 diabetes, and chronic pain
>strengthens your immune system
>reduces stress, helps in depression
>helps you have better, more restful sleep (which leads to feeling happier, refreshed, and energized)
>single best way to lose fat, get in shape, and be comfortable with your body
>good for cognitive function and memory; helps prevent dementia and Alzheimer's
>doesn't require you to have an unhealthy diet where you load up on red meat, processed meat, dairy, protein powder, and supplements as in weightlifting
>doesn't lead to overeating or excessive BMI, which are both unhealthy and lead to increased mortality rate regardless of muscle content, as in weightlifting
>much less risk of joint or muscle damage as in weightlifting
>excessive strain and spikes in blood pressure as in weightlifting are unhealthy for your CV system

Attached: cardio1.jpg (1092x614, 89K)

>cardio
LÖL enjoy nogains

>NOOOOO I NEED TO BE A BIG UNHEALTHY MUSCLE MAN SO OTHER BIG UNHEALTHY MUSCLE MEN ADMIRE ME

Attached: 1565207711874.jpg (199x253, 9K)

>he does cardio by running instead of swimming
twink spotted.

Attached: smugoni.png (596x628, 319K)

>spikes in BP from weightlifting is unhealthy
Please tell me you don't actually believe this. Please tell me this is a shitpost.

do you swim for time or distance

It's funny how these things turn out.

I'm a 1/2/3/4 type. After some volleyball, I found I was huffing and puffing a lot more than I should have been. Yes I carry some junk around my gut and I don't stick to a rigid diet so, yeah, i'm not afraid to admit that. I decided to try and do tabata sprints on a treadmill but I was only doing it once per week, thinking it was helping. No. Cardio needs to be done frequently to feel any of its really good effects.

So, i'm attempting to be done with the treadmills and will start doing 30 minutes three times a week including workouts (excluding leg days).

Does working a physical job on my feet all day doing low intensity cardio for 8 hours count

Cardio is so much more fun too.

>get to go out and enjoy the sun
>see where your legs can carry you
>go running through the woods/trails/streams with your doggo
>feel generally lighter on your feet and comfortable in your skin

Cardio lowers myostatin so I can max my fraid gains for longer

>thread about cardio
>"does cardio count?"

>doing cardio
B&R. I run four miles a day, my record is 27 minutes flat

sometimes when I'm in my car and I see people jogging, I lower my window, pull up next to them and start blasting eye of the tiger

Distance for limits,time for intense workout,i like doing both though.

Attached: 1565190407131.jpg (1280x720, 526K)

>tfw this will never happen to me.

Attached: 1564975398168.png (760x839, 733K)

Pretty obnoxious.

>killed my knees

i have a b.s. in kinesiology and sport adaptation and you're wrong

> tfw I got stress fractures from running too much

Attached: 722518C3-3EC6-4D43-946F-1E85CE087F33.jpg (1200x675, 122K)

I swim 2,500 yards in 60 minutes. Is that considered cardio?

ooh goody, mind putting it to use for me?

I had a sharp pain in my heel after doing sprints and it hasn't gone away after 6 weeks. I can run on it again but it generally hurts to walk unless barefoot on the balls of my heels.

Any idea what's up?

balls of my feet*

>NO FUCKING REST DAYS
this is the biggest perk of cardio for me

Possibly plantar fasciitis. Look up massage ball exercises for it. I assume you're not heel striking during sprints. That usually is a contributor to PF.

Thanks, that what I suspected. Already been lacrosse balling that fucker. Just weird that its the rear part of my heel near the achilles, not the bottom of the foot.

>run four miles a day
enjoy your premature aging

I ride my bike 180 miles a week. Lifting is cool, but cardio gains are more rewarding. It makes you feel better and is more fun.

Attached: 1564885041169.jpg (2048x1024, 298K)

I have and it sucks. Every mile I can’t stop wanting to die.

>not taking the pickup b-ball pill
ngmi

Asthma fucks me up.
I usually do cardio on "rest days" instead of with other exercises because I get all wheezy and out of breath for over an hour.

I’m not negro enough.

Is icing your knees for an hour everyday overkill? I do a lot of running and jumping.

Attached: wew.webm (640x640, 1.01M)

Running with shit form you mean

I row for cardio because I'm mortally afraid of destroying my knees. Pretty sure my devotion to the rowing machine now constitutes an addiction

>reduced risk of obesity
That's just them comparing the obesity rates of runners vs nonrunners, obese people would never take up running
>strengthens your immune system
Broscience unless you mean the stress/recovery cycle which can be done more efficiently with lifting.
>better sleep
How? the million dollar question.
>good for preventing Alzheimers
Maybe, but that's any type of exercise. Old people are just told to run because it seems easier, until they blow their knees.
>that entire vegan spiel about diet
Nothing listed except processed meat and supplements are bad for you. In fact runners need more meat to counteract the catabolic effects of endurance exercises. They don't though, so they get injuries.
>less risk of joint or muscle damage
Is this a joke? Are you just going to pretend every runner gets shin splints and other injuries while a non-ego lifter can lift for decades without an injury? I've known people who had to go to the hospital after a just 2 months of light jogging.
>excessive spiking of blood pressure
Yes, prolonged spiking of it + tons of spiking it with carbs to refill your depleted glycogen store is way better than an hour of lifting.

You guys are a cult.