Help Jow Forums

Help Jow Forums

I'm having an argument with a co-worker over healthy foods to eat. We both exercise and lift. He eats a lot of fruit and veges, and though I would not argue that veges are healthy and have plenty of benefits, we are arguing over the fruit part.
He says that fruit is also good for you, and should be part of your diet, but I say that is false. Fruit has lots of sugar in it, and he may as well be drinking coca-cola or eating candy. He trying to say that sugar in fruit is different from soda or candy sugar, and isn't bad for you.
I need some sources to back up my claims, I know you guys must have some.

Attached: apple.jpg (1595x1204, 253K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1809/2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You are retarded

Do you even know what the glycemic index of fruit generally is? He is right, you are retarded

How can you even argue that fruit has sugar in it?

Just google glycemic index for foods, fruits contain fiber, thus their glycemic index is lower than processed sugars, when you process fruits and remove their fiber like fruit juice then they have a higher glycemic index.

sugar is required for your gut flora to survive. They act as a barrier and protect your gut. Without enough sugar they die and you will start shitting mucus and experiencing inflammation of the stomach lining.

So yes, you do need sugar, and fruit is an excellent source of sugar because it is also high in fiber and vitamins.

instead of trying to prove you friend wrong, perhaps you should just read up on nutrition.

nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1809/2
see On that note why the fuck is the average retard on Jow Forums a ketard now? How did it get to where this is what is popularly believed?

You....,are an absolute retard. You are aware that their is a difference between natural sugar and artificial sugar right?

Attached: FEE0CF7C-7C23-461D-A041-4787D79005FA.png (450x352, 114K)

>he may as well be drinking coca-cola or eating candy

Attached: dq.png (588x500, 13K)

just the latest fad diet

yeah but what's worrying is they have completely rewritten all the bedrock nutritional theory. Now if you ask somebody to explain anything nutritional, you get either vegan diet mythology or ketard fanfiction. I wish jannies would turn the showers on and get rid of both breeds of mouth breather

I know. I stopped bothering trying to correct them. Let them deprive themselves of their body's main energy source kek... see if I give a fuck.

I don't see how whether it's artificial or "natural" should make a difference?

Fbpb

You should never talk to normies about food

Bump, need some real answers

Holy fuck, you are actually braindead OP

Attached: 1522706353293s.jpg (159x250, 5K)

You're just waiting for someone to agree with you but it won't happen

The real answer is you never argue with wagies about food. Mind your own business and maximize your gains

>He doesn’t get his glycogen from honey
>He consumes food his body cannot digest

The state of nu-fit

Attached: 0D2D13CB-F55B-4657-90F2-91CD946A349C.jpg (750x1334, 95K)

>artificial sugar
You're retarded.

Attached: 1555731521098.jpg (1280x1714, 686K)

Diet and exercise is too hard.

You can't get glycogen from anywhere except raw meat, as it is synthesized in the muscular tissue of mammals.

Fruits have some of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet, I'm remembering berries specifically, when you consider orac scores. Excluding fruit from the diet is a massive loss in antioxidants alone. Never mind the glycemic index bit with any other micronutrients various fruit contain

Attached: 1565490371090.jpg (540x720, 33K)

retard

Attached: 1564872615344.gif (512x512, 425K)

Table sugat is sucrose, fruit is glucose+fructose.

thing about fruit is that it also contains carbs and fiber and other stuff that needs energy to break down. So the easy energy rush you get from the sugar is used for that. Your body does not like to use its stored energy to break down carbs.

>carbs have magic properties and instantly make you fat if you eat an apple!!!

Fucking ketards

Shut the fuck up, that has nothing to with it. The fibre matrix in fruit reduces the glycemic index because of how the sugar is more difficult to absorb. Dates are almost 50% sugar and their glycemic index is fairly low, however, if you put it in a blender with water and strain out the fiber, the exact same sugar compounds are present but is absorbed much for quickly and you've basically got a soft drink.

Bump for truth

You are a retarded guillible fad-believer.
>generations upon generations eat fruit without a single problem, fruit provides us with energy, vitamins, antioxidants, fiber
>a youtuber makes a video saying APPLES ARE LITERALLY COCA COLA
>suddently all paleotards turn into ketotards

>He trying to say that sugar in fruit is different from soda or candy sugar, and isn't bad for you.
It's even worse actually, fructose is only metabolized in the liver and it's treated the same way as alcohol

Attached: fruit-sugar-content-new-rgb_1024x1024.jpg (730x1024, 160K)

#not all fruit
most are fine, a select few are fucked up, like bananas, dates,etc.. All the extremely sugary ones.

the fruit we ate even 100 years ago look nothing like the fruit we have today.
Reminder that monkeys in zoos get diabetes from eating modern bananas, and these are monkeys that in the wild eat 95+% fruit

Attached: preGMO.png (452x497, 387K)

Are you in better shape and stronger than him?
If not shut up

the only bad thing about sugar is that it rots people's teeth unless they practise perfect dental hygiene

sugar is clean fuel for the body, your blood is filled with it and in order to maintain it at healthy levels your body will fucking destroy muscle, that's how important it is
are antioxidants actual nutrients though?
for example, isoflavones in söy are antioxidants and do seem to remarkably reduce inflammation and markers of oxidative stress in the body of humans but they're not considered nutrients of concern.
chimps' main source of energy in the wild are wild figs, wild figs are as sugary as any other domesticated fruit today

I mean, antioxidants may not be considered a vital nutrients as a whole, but even vitamins A C and E as Well as minerals like copper and zinc are antioxidants. And those ARE considered essential nutrients.
Theres enough evidence supporting the positive effects of many identified antioxidants out there that at the very least it won't hurt to get those anthocyanins.

good point
I guess they could be considered semi essential or optional nutrients at least