Swimming isn't a Chad sp-

>Swimming isn't a Chad sp-

Attached: caeleb-dressel-100-fly-prelims-2019-world-championships-e1564170757769.jpg (1000x668, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rCtI6uxbTho
active
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Swimming is one of the most athletic things, perfect combination of strength and endurence. I used to swim when I was in school cus it was free for swimming club members. Now I only go ocasionally cus swimming pool is pretty expensive in my city

PENIS STATUS= [ERECT] NOT ERECT

most swimmers dont have roid gut

Why does he look off? Tiny arms?

wide core

6'3"

i dont think anyone ever says that swimming isnt chad. i think sports that take work, dedication, and passion are all chad

So we know the most athletic sports:
> Boxing/MMA
> Football
> Rugby
> Hockey
> Swimming
> Track

So what are the least athletic sports? Here's what I have now:

> Soccer
> Golf
> Curling
> Volleyball

Rugby and boxing most likely the top tier

I fucking love swimming. I go to swim 2-3 times a week. Im not very good at it tough, I cant get the technique down and tire very easily, like I need to take a small break every 150-200 meters. How do I into technique?

Unpopular opinion: climbing/alpinism is pretty based sport. Not indoors tho.

Depends. Rugby requires greater endurance, football requires way more explosiveness

tats

Soccer has 45 minute periods, longer than any of the other sports you listed, how is that not athletic?

You don't play sports. Jogging at a modest pace and kicking the ball now and then is not a feat of athleticism in any sense. Soccer takes skill, not athleticism.

Reminder:
> youtube.com/watch?v=rCtI6uxbTho

>learning how to trip yourself up
>athletic

Not OP but did you ever play a game of soccer before ?

Soccer is more athletic and Chad than your shitty handegg sports

Swimmers do plenty of gym training. You won't get great results by swimming alone.

>no wrestling at first place of most athletic sport
lmao at you, nigger

Try to get a monitor to correct your posture. There's a hundred little things you need to do to just for crawl, it's very hard to learn on your own.

That’s hugely debatable depending on position. Whoever thinks this has never played a game of competitive rugby. Hitting a gap or exploding off the side of a breakdown to either clear out players or try break through the defence is way more explosive than anything in football

Football has hits to the points of a person which make them fall easiest. Rugby tackles literally aim for the most stable place in a player - their waist

>weightlifting
>track and field

Never played a game of football, but considering all the breaks they take and the fact that they are only active for like 10 seconds at a time, seems hard to argue that it isn't more explosive than rugby.

Been playing rugby as a flanker/number 8 since I was 10 (24 now), and though you need a lot of explosive power, because there are 40 minute halves with minimal breaks you simply can't be as explosive.

That's why american football players can afford to have higher bodyfat (in many positions), they don't have to be active as long as rugby players.

>least athletic sports
powerlifting
weightlifting
curling
golf

Wrestling is the most Chad sport.

Most every competitive wrestler I see is cut, buff, and has really good facial features.

I can guess if someone is a wrestler or not despite never having met them.

This

I know weight lifting guys like to pretend they're somehow athletes for doing more or less what powerlifters do (1 rep maxes) but once you actually play a sport, wow you do realize how many variables there are for your body to be in peak shape that aren't hit by just weights alone.

You're memeing right?

No. I do muay thai, BJJ, and soon also regular wrestling and there's so many moves, techniques, ways of attack, ways of ANYTHING, plus all the while there's an opponent doing the same to you.

Plus add in the conditioning that goes beyond just lifting weights.

I forgot to say, my point is that ONLY weightlifting isn't athletic at all, just as powerlifting isn't athletic because it neglects so many attributes that actual athletics require at a competitive live level.

Out of all the lifting sports, strongman is the only one that comes close because they actually need cardio, knowledge of technique beyond 2-3 lifts, endurance, pure strength, speed, and have live competitors racing against them.

They don't just silently walk up to the stage, lift/fail, and walk away.

it is. indoors is needed for training so that you can enjoy the outdoors more. but thats my take on it

>volleyball
>least athletic
Those guys can hit a ball at 3.6 meters, they're certainly athletic
Soccer though, I can agree on
Also
>track
>most athletic
Read what Johaug did to 10 km track and either add ski running or remove running
>first time running on track
>first time wearing these types of shoes
>lapped second place twice on national championships

Attached: 1554448663263.png (500x913, 230K)

t. 3rd world yuroshit

Attached: 1533354246369.png (291x335, 147K)

Seems like for you athleticism means good cardio and variability
By that logic discus throw, hurdles, 100m sprints or even 25m and 50m swimming isn't athletic
It's just repetitive stuff that doesn't require huge cardio

But that's just stupid. There are many kinds of athleticism. Sprinters and weightlifters (high level average) can take the most out of their bodies for short periods of time. That requires whole different kind of conditioning. Also, thinking bjj, for example, is all about different techniques but weightlifting isn't is just plain wrong.

>third world
>has healthcare
Back at you amerifat

Attached: 1496971654511.jpg (1920x2781, 726K)

Swimming is chad but I don't think being around all that chlorine all the time is good for you

Because his pants are literally crushing his organs

swim coach here, this guy is correct. body position and proper kicking are the two most important things by a mile in swimming and the majority of people won't stop to learn them. they're both also a little time consuming to get down as an adult if you've already been building negative habits. watch some youtube videos and emphasize a flat back in the water with your shoulders and hips high and JUST kick for a while. kick from the hips, keep your toes pointed, and minimize knee bend. it will take a while before it feels right and you may have to build up some ankle flexibility for your foot to move properly (your relaxed ankle should allow your toes to move up and down as you kick, mimicking a flipper).

if anyone else has any other swimming related questions, feel free to ask away

I get winded and out of breath after 50 meters. what do?

How do you get used to putting your head under water?
I've been practicing blowing bubbles but I can't last more than a couple of seconds

Read up on breathing technique. Most beginners never learn to breathe right while swimming

read the post i made right here.
if you're getting winded that quickly, your form is off and you are swimming inefficiently. check your body position and make sure you're sitting on top of the water; my guess is that your legs are sinking because you aren't properly using your core to stabilize your body position. active is mostly a meme but they have a good article on body position for beginners. active com/triathlon/articles/how-swimmers-can-improve-their-body-position

this is literally the first thing we teach when we do swim lessons and it's just practice. you need to get used to the sensations of pressure and be comfortable blowing air (or at least applying pressure so you're 'sealing' orifices) for extended time periods. just try to go a little longer each time. and if you're blowing bubbles, make sure you aren't blowing HARD. just expelling any amount of air is enough. don't blow your load on one hard exhale.

>tfw closest pool is 15km away from your home

Attached: oSLRSwo.png (732x426, 527K)

How is it even possible to have a frame that wide?