Boxers

Why do most boxers have the most cardboard cutout generic fucking personalities, it’s always the same fucking “BEASTMODE ONLY” “YOU ENTERED THE LIONS DEN” “IRON SHARPENS IRON”
Like yes okay, I can understand how getting rich off of beating dudes up would obviously give someone a massive ego boost but still, you rarely ever see boxers with actual personality, the only one I could say I genuinely like is David Allen, he’s funny as fuck
>Also am a boxer myself so feel free to ask questions

Attached: 6D295161-4D66-4E47-B988-6C1F196F5C29.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qeQEzceN5ts
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

N

I

Because it's popular among normies. How do you not understand it's merely an act just to build their brand especially the advent of social media

I'll start it again:

N

well most of them are uneducated fellas with little to no social skill developed in any sort of enviroment, most of them just entered to a gym for, self defence, money, fame but don't have any life what so ever outside the ring

because you basically need to be autistic to be a great boxer.

Tyson fury lmao

It's the same shit with any fighting sport. Boxing training at a professional level is near fucking painful. It's 5x harder and requires more willpower than lifting weights. Combine that with the thrill, competition, and dread of facing other boxers, and a "badass" alter ego is almost required in order to cope with the stress.

Combat sports are like pro wrestling. It's all rigged. Sometimes, people realize this. Oftentimes, not.

Are you 12?

Most boxers train 1-2 hours per day (excluding 30 min to 60 min running in the morning). Sparring is not done often (unless the gym sucks but who cares about them). Amateurs even less.

95% of boxers are either criminals or would be criminals if they weren't boxers.

LOL pro athlete train 6 hours a day
T. Pro athlete

For reference
Today I had 1.5 hours of wrestling practice in the morning, right now I am lifting, I got 30 minutes boxing in the evening then 2.5 hours bjj

Yeah I’m sure pro boxers get in a little 60 minute workout then take the day off

>wat
wat

How can I train boxing if there's no boxing gym near me?

MOST people are bland and boring with little charisma and entertaining ability. Most people have boring personalities. Boxers are no exceptions. They have to put on some type of show and attitude so its "BEAST MOST LETS GET IT "

But that is also an attitude they foster in the gym to improve their attitude and mental fortitude so its natural they are like that. Gotta develop that killer instinct and aggression.

That being said they are probably deeper then what they appear in their interviews and promotions but people dont care about that and that that is their private life so why go in to that? Its a fucking fight not a personality contest

8-9 hours a day AT LEAST.
you must be semi-pro

Proof on that? I sometimes watch mma and think "wtf is that scripted?"

oleksandr usyk my guy

this

McGregor's the biggest UFC fighter in history because he had the normie-appeal

it should be no doubt that normies are soulless, they eat up all the dime-a-dozen bullshit

the success of Battle Royale & mobile games should be a clear indicator of this

so in combat sports
>loud man sells

because they are fighters and not talk show hosts or comedians. While theres always notable excecptions, most fighters arent very bright bulbs so to speak.

its not an act, fighters are generally not particularly bright and not well spoken.

t. a former fighter. t. currently training fighters.

mcgregor is massively popular because he is the OPPOSITE of what OP is describing. OP is describing the cardboard cutout tough guy persona that most fighters carry on with because they have literally no idea how else to act when placed on a stage or in front of a camera.

Mcgregor is witty and quick thinking. He creates good soundbytes and sells drama. He would be just at home in professional wrestling (if he werent a midget) as he is in MMA.

Most fighters on the other hand, could not sell themselves without the promotion doing it for them. They dont have any charisma and they rarely have anything original to say.

nah that's just the fucking USA, ego boost is just for promoters and shit,

Buy a heavy bag, wraps, gloves and some small cones and just drill the fuck out of different footwork and heavy bag drills, it’s not gonna be the same as actual sparring and training but you’ll get an idea at least, pyramid drills are great if you want a good workout too

here, I see what you're saying
I guess I misinterpreted OP's post then lol

but yeah, a lot of fighters are only fighters, and nothing else. they lack charisma, yet get cameras pointed at them & are forced to put on a show for the crowd, in the hopes that at least 1 in 100 of them will be like McGregor

good insight on your post. I know many fighters. most are truly great people, but very few of them are natural salesmen

G

Boxers are nowhere near as cringe as bodybuilders.

>Proof on that? I sometimes watch mma and think "wtf is that scripted?"
Don't tell em you missed the whole scandals about
>boxing
>Oly boxing
>Oly wrestling
>Oly TKD
>MMA

Speaking of MMA; they are officially a "Sports Entertainment", NOT "Sports". Look it up. It's all fake.

Came here to post this. Tyson Fury is a funny cunt and a fucking legend. I'd love it if someone just paid him a load of money to stand in a pub car park knocking people out over and over again.

Ironic how any BJJ purple belt could even defeat the best of boxers in an mma fight

G

N

E

not GGG.

He buys into the nice suits, jewelry, etc aesthetic... but that's because he's such a blank canvas that doesn't think about anything other than boxing that he thinks it's normal.

He's so based, he just works. When he wins he's all smiles "oh man, he was a tough guy, what a great boxer. I hope we put on a good show for the fans."

youtube.com/watch?v=qeQEzceN5ts

I wanna be the guy who could fuck up anyone in the room, and is still the nicest happiest one there.

Attached: Gennady-Golovkin.jpg (727x485, 75K)

if not a larp, what's your sport?

They get punched in the face for living, their brains are jello. Almost all of old retired boxers have some parkinson or some other shit from getting hit in the head thousands of times.

Stupid people box in general, and even the ones who don't start stupid get there eventually through cumulative brain damage.

chris eubank sr, ricky hatton, tyson fury, muhammed ali, usyk, mayorga...plenty out there my guy, just stop following shitty insta boxing pages and you'll feel better.

but is it really likely that they would spend that amount of time and effort on something that could easily be done unplanned

It’s an ego boost for overcompensating manlets desu.

It’s true, think about most fighters, and now look at their height. Manlets will do anything to make themselves “seem” more powerful.

Because they got hit in the head a million times knocking out their personal nuances.

These people get hit in the head a lot. Expecting them to be sharp is stupid. Even Muhammad Ali had slowed down so much by the time he was retiring that I am pretty sure George Foreman punched him retarded

12-14 hours MINIMUM. You must be semi-semi pro

He's so lame

R

He would get his retarded ass handed to him at a pub. He is a fraud.

This applies to most athletes outside of boxing too. Most people in general don't have a captivating persona. Put your average person on camera and most would spill their spaghetti.