Drinking and lifting thread

Drinking and lifting thread.
ITT discuss how your drinking mixes with your lifting.

Attached: a3Qn1jv_700b.jpg (600x800, 88K)

simple, i don't lift. i just drink on an empty stomach, get drunk quicker, and pass out with less calories than my TDEE. it's the ultimate diet technique.

It doesnt. Alcohol inhibits your recovery.

>Drinking alcohol
NGMI

Can anyone drop some truth on Arnie eating an entire chicken and then drinking a pitcher of beer after his work out? Did the beer not kill his gains because of steroids or is it just carb loading that inhibits a small amount of protein synthesis?

I did this for a while. Was too weak to lift i cut way too low though.
It really doesn't make much of a difference
Read the OP. This board has a lot of Jow Forums drinkers.

Attached: 1563804898362.jpg (419x600, 34K)

Arnold lifted five hours a day and did cardio. I think a pitcher of beer now and then ain't gonna do much.

I drink maybe like once or twice a year and only have a few drinks when I do. I used to love drinking and partying, but these days drinking any kind of alcohol makes me feel shitty.

I'd rather some other drug that won't make me feel sick and won't hinder my progress in the gym.

BLACKED

>go to grocery store for dinner ingredients at 5pm
>grab 6 pack of strong beer, maybe have a couple of them tonight
>sit on couch and drink a beer with anime, not ready to cook yet
>another beer
>another beer
>another beer
>okay I guess I should start cooking now
>prep ingredients
>sit back down, another beer
>another beer
>finally cook food and eat food
>it's 11pm

This has happened 3 times this past week. It's cozy as fuck but I'm fucking up my sleep habits and not really keen on drinking so much. How do I stop?

Attached: 1564502960889.jpg (1024x768, 79K)

Well, he did seem to use a lot of alcohol. He would use a shot of schnapps in his protein shakes, drink an entire pitcher of beer after workouts. I just think a lot of anons exaggerate the loss from alcohol. Arnold is the modern blue print for bodybuilding.

If I am doing 2 hour workouts 3x a week, running, and doing isolation / HIIT on off days a few beers won't hurt me.

Just don't buy it then. Easier to give it up at the store than when you're already home and the beer is ten feet away

What drug?
Are you that familiar?
Sounds based. Go buy and drink something non-alcoholic instead every other time.
Arnold probably has insane DOMs as well that the booze helped with

Attached: tumblr_oyrzd4Cb251wgcqego3_540.jpg (540x304, 36K)

this
Anyone drinking more than a liter worth of alcohol(I mean, you gotta have fun amirite) within 6 months should never lift

>RIP form
>RIP concentration
>RIP GAINS

Weed doesn’t hinder progress. Actually most drugs other than alcohol don’t.

eh drinking when ur out partying or a edm festival fine

drinking everyday and lifting wtf why

Thats not what i meant

Beer comes in ein Maß for a reason user

get cut - do molly - hit the club
ezpz

Theres umple reason not to drink but gains is not one of them

>Drinking a liquid depressant so you have less energy, less coordination, and poor decision making while lifting heavy objects
Nah bruv stick with caffeine and B12

Weed in moderation. Lowering test is a meme, and recent studies suggest the opposite is actually true. Coffee and nicotine as well. I'll also occasionally use cocaine, but that's an expensive habit so I only use it on special occasions.

Yeah, been using it as a post workout relaxation for years. Getting high after a good workout is godlike.

>umple

Listened to a few guys who said they took cocaine as a preworkout. What do you thunk its like?

>go out to drink
>get depressed the day after
>don't have the energy to workout or eat right for a week
This has started to happen to me more and more these days. I have a huge party coming up with old pals in 2 weeks but that will be the last time I'm gonna drink in a long time. It's just is not worth it anymore and I can have good time when going out sober. Also scoring pussy becomes 999% easier sober.

Attached: terve.png (233x208, 69K)

I'm sure it would work, but it sounds like a waste of cocaine. Caffeine works well enough for a pre-workout. Cocaine outside of social settings is kind of lame.

>Can't workout for a week
Kek. I work out next day. Light weight detected.

I chain mixers to my dumbbells when I do my shrugs.

I drink moderately, down from extreme excess. I'm not gonna be winning any bodybuilding comps, but I'm fairly satisfied with my physique and it didn't inhibit my strength gains in a way that's been noticeable

Bet it works. Those people are definitely cokeheads and you shouldn't be supplementing with cocaine.

Based. I drink until 2 am, wake up at 9 am, eat oatmeal and hit the gym. I really hope I don't start getting hangovers when I'm older.

High test
This.

i had to quit drinking. Worth it.

What do you do for fun?

I don't drink very often, but I fucking love getting drunk. I love sitting down in a club or back home and being surrounded by that total drunkenness. Your eyes bulging and ears pounding. Always a good laugh.

If you are going to drink give yourself 2 days off, or your lifts will be total shit.

Attached: Cdy-NIgVAAACnTS.jpg (1000x750, 130K)

Whats the point of lifting if you're not gonna show it off to drunk thots?

That's a myth. One or two beers the night before effects you minimally. Drinking heavy is what fucks you up

Alcohol can debilitate you for up to three days if you drink enough
Like can't move

What's the point of taking cocaine pre workout why not directly inject test? It's better for your health and more effective