Vegan Health Benefits

Ever since I started going vegan I lost all of my overweight, feel a lot stronger and healthier, have way better shits and way more energy than ever before.

Why isn't veganism recommened as a possibility to lose weight here?

Attached: 1533222493931.jpg (600x412, 66K)

So keep doing it and leave us alone
Don't even think about going vegetarian if your vegan diet is so perfect

I want to help other people on their weight loss journey. Don't bully me.

because it doesnt make sense
yeah the optimal diet consists mainly of vegetables but you can always add meat and get more gains

But meat is unhealthy for your heart.

>I want to help other people on their weight loss journey. Don't bully me.
They would be better just fasting than going vegan you cunt

Not eating at all is unhealthy. Eating more vegetables is the best you can do for your body.

The only time i have heart problems with meat is when I pair it with a shit diet e.g. excess carbs and sugars. When I consume it in moderation with vegetables I never feel unhealthy.

You don't have your own shit straight you cunt, don't try and fuck up someone else.

Post body

No, I don't want to.

All vegan threads are bait. Nobody in the fitness community really believes the vegan diet is appropriate for weight training. So why bother even replying? Just let the threads die.

Then fuck off
How do you expect us to believe you?

Yeah, people are getting fatter and fatter with every day worldwide and someone suggesting eating more vegetables will be healthier for them and help them to lose weight sound totally unbelievable, right?

>vegan diet is great!
>no I don't want to show evidence of how great my vegan diet is

good grief, and you wonder why people hate you

“Eat more vegetables” is not the same advice as “don’t eat animal products” you absolute fucking toothless mong

It's decent for pure weight loss, and terribly impractical for everything else. Even for losing eight, there's far better options.

Yes because people are following that advice already, yet they're still getting fatter.
Most of the calories in the Standard American Diet comes from plant sources already

>someone suggesting eating more vegetables will be healthier for them and help them to lose weight sound totally unbelievable, right?
>eating more calories you help lose weight
>eating pesticed filled GMO'd shit is healthy

This. Seriously everyone who weights too much should just go vegan.

yep you have to tell every one you're vegan

Went vegan 4-5 months ago and don´t really feel any different.

I count calories so my weight stayed the same, but if I didn´t I probably would have lost weight (which I don´t want to happen) because the food is not very claorie dense.

I also have more frequent bowel movements now, since I get about 70 grams of fiber a day. And I spend more time cooking because I quit processed food.

I´m looking forward to get my blood test done to see what my biomarkers are like, but unfortunately I didn´t get one done before going vegan so I won´t know for sure how much they improved, if at all.

>Most of the calories in the Standard American Diet comes from plant sources already
Yeah, but in the form of high fructose corn syrup and vegetable oils, not in the form of actual veggies.

Still vegan though brainlet, maybe you should be shilling a whole food diet instead

>maybe you should be shilling a whole food diet instead
That´s what I do already, I´m not OP btw. I also don´t call myself vegan IRL because I don´t want to be associated with vegan loons.

false, fasting is very healthy for you

Attached: vegans-nature.jpg (1600x1600, 1.05M)

Not if you never stop fasting though

>Why isn't veganism recommened as a possibility to lose weight here?
toxic masculinity, unironically

I can agree to that

Veganism is unnatural and unhealthy

Attached: vegans-kill-baby.png (842x596, 85K)

Attached: vegans-cured.jpg (720x714, 322K)

Attached: vegans.png (576x320, 30K)

Attached: veganism-btfo.png (862x612, 83K)

Attached: urinals-vegan.jpg (550x641, 63K)

Those parents are straight up retarded, breast milk doesn´t even have anything to do with the exploitation of animals.

But arguing on the internet about unnatural things being bad is pretty ironic.

Attached: vegan-bodybuilder.jpg (480x633, 59K)

I want to gain weight
Can you help me pls
My TDEE is 3000kcals, I'm 6'3'', 20 yrs old and very active
Pls help me mr vegan man

Good try, OP. Take your new knowledge and use it to better yourself from within. Media, education, and science (i.e. the little mans science) has compromised the metaphysical and spiritual nature of plants. This board is no place for those that know the truth about health and nutrition. Leave your brothers behind and ascend!

1: it's highly regarded as a way to lose weight in society
2: it's not optimal at all, especially if you exercise. Most people get such great results switching because the switch from a junk food diet to veganism. Everyone who switches from healthy diet to vegan feels like shit

You realize that "optimal" in this context means reducing your intake of eggs, red and processed meat, right? Since the study literally says they are associated with heart disease.

>Seriously everyone who weights too much should just go vegan.
No one can be vegan, you either eat other animals flesh or you start eating you own

Pic related is the kind of person to start vegan threads on Jow Forums.

Attached: r9k_vegan_posts.png (1371x1713, 608K)

>it's not optimal at all, especially if you exercise
Why would that be? Less inflammation and better recovery are great for active people. If you supplement B12 you get everything you need.

>inb4 protein

How come people gain muscle on a vegan diet?

Don't just inb4 me bro. Vegan diet is starvation you're delusional

They don't generally, and if they do they're usually using powders

>Less inflammation
Vegan is the most inflammatory diet I can think of, you can't digest most of what you eat. That's why you all shit 4 times a day

>"while a positive association was present for egg, red meat, processed meat, and SSB consumption"
can carnifags even read or is this just retarded bait

No shit, most vegans are weak beta males or women, but that´s a cultural issue. According to you it should be impossible to gain muscle on a vegan diet, but it obviously isn´t. Even if you think every single fit vegan is on roids or lying you could easily try it out yourself. Instead you are shitposting to hate on vegans online kek.

Except it isn´t and there´s tons of studies on it. You can also check out drewmorgs channel, he made a vegan and a carnivore guy swap diets and comparred their blood Tests beesfore and after. Guess which diet was less inflammatory?

Opposition to healthful diets rich in plant foods is all about emotions, so when they say that such diets are "inflammatory" they're not really talking about actual inflammatory markers in blood or tissue, they are talking about a metaphysical effect and you cannot disprove that plants are inflammatory with evidence, it's like a religion

You can't inb4 the main and whole fucking thing lolol.

>Why is research a good thing (inb4 learning)

Getting inflammation from switching diets radically in a short term means absolutely nothing

Oh also carnivore, I didn't see that part, also not optimal

>According to you it should be impossible to gain muscle on a vegan diet
Didn't say this
>Even if you think every single fit vegan is on roids
Only the IFBB ones
>you could easily try it out yourself
Why would I do this when I have no moral qualms with animal products?

Why are (Gym going, athletes, bodybuilding) meat eaters on average stronger and more muscular than vegans?

>promoting the nutrient-free starvation diet
kys
oh wait, you already are :^)

This is besides the point that certain foods are inflammatory to certain people regardless of what diet.

Because vegans aren't athletes in general.

You need to compare vegans to the average population to have a fair comparison.

Is the average vegan less muscular than the average person?

I'm not so sure as most people are just fat.

Can you not read?
I specifically stated Gym going, athletes, or bodybuilding vegans versus their equivalent meat eating counterparts

>Didn't say this
Well, you or the poster I responded to said
>No one can be vegan, you either eat other animals flesh or you start eating you own
How can you gain muscle when your body is consuming your own muscle tissue?

>nutrient-free
Imagine actually believing this. I´m not even sure whether there are actual carnivores on Jow Forums or whether they´re all just trolls.

>I specifically stated Gym going, athletes, or bodybuilding vegans versus their equivalent meat eating counterparts
Not that guy, but how do you know vegan athletes are weaker? There are a few successfull vegan strength athletes out there.

You do realize they're associating associative variables and there after using a relative risk ratio to boost the appearance of incidence, from non-negligible, to non-negligible.... this is worse than a loosely put together conspiratard youtube video. Then the authors decide to offer their opinion which isn't even substantiated by their own paper...

CVD is caused by oxidization of native LDL. Fat is not optimal whatsoever to create this as its the least insulinogenic, inflammatory food on the planet, after that is meat. Plants aren't even in the same realm as unprocessed animal foods because guess what, carbohydrate is just sugar. Sugar does what to the body?

>inflames it
>glycates and makes oxidized the cells

Just bat shit crazy non-sense from illiterate retards as usual.

Attached: Pizza Pizza.jpg (1195x1600, 345K)

You're replying to the wrong user my friend

>but how do you know vegan athletes are weaker?
Because they are?
>There are a few successfull vegan strength athletes out there.
They're not the norm, nor are they the best which is the point

You realize vegans are like 1% of the population, right? And most of them are women. So it´s not really surprising you don´t see many of them at the top, the pool of male vegan strength athletes is just very small in comparison to omnivores.

But look up Kendrick Farris for example, he was the only american male weight lifter who qualified for the Rio Olympics and set an american record for clean-and-jerk while on a vegan diet.

Wow do you have brain fog or something? Your comprehension is awful
It's not about the quantity it's about the quality, there's plenty of weak retards and average lifters who are meat eaters.
When comparing like for like meat eaters are generally stronger, why is that?

>Kendrick Farris
He didn't place well in the Olympics at all, Americans suck ass at Oly weightlifting in general so I'm not going to speak too poorly of him.
I hope he does well in the future

Dude, if you have a pool of 1,000,000 People it is much more likely to find someone who is genetically gifted at weight lifting compared to a pool of 100 people. Do you not think this could be a factor?

>He didn't place well in the Olympics at all
Better than any other american though, meat eaters included.

>vegan
>eunuch
Good! If only more vegans would follow suit.

I'm explicitly trying to avoid talking about genetically gifted people for your benefit.
We're trying to compare like for like but you're just too fucking stupid to follow

>Better than any other american though, meat eaters included.
I already said Americans suck at weightlifting, he didn't beat the meat eaters at the Olympics what's your point?

Kendrick's record was set very little time after he became vegan, also he got wrecked in Rio. It's like the other user said, americans are shit at that sport, his american record doesn't mean shit compared to other countries.
Also check Chris Krueger's video on Kendrick on youtube, his performance has only decreased since going vegan and he now has manboobs.

Lol your being intentionally obtuse now. Just show me some actual proof that an omnivorous diet provides benefits for strength training and I will gladly concede the point.

>his performance has only decreased since going vegan
I thought this was the case but I didn't want to pull it out my ass without knowing for sure

Over 70,000 edible animals on earth and there are people that want to eat grass

>Lol your being intentionally obtuse now.
Oh this is rich
The proof is called real life.
If vegans were stronger you'd know about it

Yeah, check the video I recommended, he shows it there.
Well meat does have exclusive nutrients that help with strength, such as taurine.
Also meat has all the nutrients in its most bio-available form without any toxins or antinutrients to hinder their absorption.

So no proof?

False flagging as a dumb vegan is cringe

why do you ignore my posthaving all the nutrients makes sure you will be getting what is needed for optimal strength.
while you are eating plants and barely getting any zinc due to the phytic acid, I am eating oysters and red meat and getting the best sources of zinc available.

Any tips for green smoothies/shakes?
Tried making a kale blueberry with water, I got it down, but I think I could do something to improve it. I also got spinach, zucchini, and butternut squash that i wanna try making different smoothies with.

You can get all nutrients on a vegan diet. I´m not sure if going beyond your nutrient requirements is going to give ou any extra benefits. There are ways to reduce phytic acid, like soaking, sprouting and simply cooking your food.
Your body produces taurine, maybe supplementing might improve performance though idk.

Why aren't vegans stronger than meat eaters?

Proof?

Post body, then we'll have proof

there are 7 billion people
only 70000 plants
not enought for everybody

do THE math man

>mfw i get to enjoy my super gains inducing milk with no downsides
sucking dick isn't as gay as lactose intolerance

Attached: 1426357090391.jpg (800x600, 45K)