/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

'if you can't do it for 5 reps then you're using too much weight' edition

ITT: bench press, squat and deadlift discussion.

Attached: 1562477565386.jpg (527x492, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/1-JpAOcv2h-Arq4e38AbPOQoWvGM8x5Tq/view?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=QBqG90aDNJ8&t=7m5s
youtu.be/IXDfVk6gKBQ?t=659
drive.google.com/file/d/1-hZatuIUzVKctu9vWwH5EYzIrHjmxq5c/view?usp=drivesdk
drive.google.com/file/d/1-jVU6mVutbYqlV2y_qeSwTy8mt-xy5e9/view?usp=drivesdk
youtube.com/watch?v=3X2SJbF8Y9g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king

Attached: 1524864416976.jpg (1000x1192, 223K)

As if. OHP will always be king.

>best example of raw physical strength is an upper body one
hilarious

sorry lads, it's the deadlift.

3 pussy boys with a completely shit bench detected. i mean... yikes. they were REALLY eager to share their shame with the class.

Attached: 1542089887308.png (650x650, 43K)

When will Maddox take WR?

LIST OF PLG APPROVED ACRONYMS/INITIALISMS (post, but don't spam, in every thread)

>GDE (Genetic Dead End)
Exercise low-responder. High injury rate, no sports background, weak willed.

>GAYS (Gay Aylien Skull)
Weak bone structure, mouth breather. Wastes time trying to be strong. Jewey faced and mad, but harmless.

>CUCC (Cuckold Uninjured Crying Canadian)
Identify as injured, without medical diagnosis. Trans-herniated. Purposely do self-destructive programs like PH3, Smolov, etc. They wanted an excuse to quit.

>VOLEM (Voluntary Evermediate)
Late beginner, early intermediate. Panics when the bar gets heavy. Program hops, works on technique, or sabotages recovery as an excuse to not progress.

>BONER (Bench Only No Effort Retard)
Wants to have the admiration and ego of someone who lifts, but doesn't want to get the squat or deadlift of someone who actually lifts. Copes with a combination of bench press and autism.

>CHODE (Communist Homo Of Dick Eating)
Angry, godless little postmodernists who secretly loathe strong, masculine men who won't fuck their boybutt. Some transition into ugly rat faced pedos, others defend said CHODES. Also known as PHAGs (Projecting Homo Ass Goblins)

>TCHAD (Tries Consistently Hard All Day)
The Isleys, MAs, and other guys with average genes who actually like competing and getting stronger.

>UFO (Under Fed Organism)
Adult human male weighing less than 200 lbs. Throw food at them until the problem is remedied.

>user (Anonymous Nard Obtusely Nattering)
A noodlebuilt little wuss of a human. Hobbies include LARPing as someone who actually lifts and not posting body/lifts. Can be safely disregarded in all matters.

>SUMO (SUbhuman MOron)
Too stupid and/or genetically deficient to just bend over and pick something up. Copes through a combination of clowning half reps and eating butt.

>POSER (POsitively Shitbrained Evermediate Roleplayer)
Talks about powerlifting like he's a powerlifter, yet has never done a powerlifting meet.

wrong.

Attached: 1529608274014.jpg (859x1024, 63K)

Truly, bench press is the most feminine, unmanly lift. Hear me out.

The things that drive deadlifts and squats are inherently manly. Deadlifts are driven by raw, unpleasant strength, obviously very masculine. Squats are driven by flawless control and discipline under tremendous pressure, along with no small amount of brute force to recover the weight through the entire range of motion, all of which are masculine characteristics. What makes you better at bench press? For starters, short arms, like those that might be found on a woman, given that their entire bodies are much smaller than a man's, on average. Another way to improve your bench is to arch your back like a $2 whore in heat. Not only is doing that OBVIOUSLY feminine, but women are better at doing it, due to smaller bone structures generally leading to greater ranges of motion at joints.

Futhermore, consider the competition commands. "Bar's loaded" excepted, deadlift merely has the "down" command. Squat has "Squat" and "Rack." Bench press has THREE commands, "Start," "Press," and "Rack." Following commands like that is extremely feminine behavior, and bench press has the most commands, and is therefore the most feminine.

No matter how you look at it, the fact is that if you have a disproportionately strong competition bench press, you are incredibly feminine, basically a girl. Go improve your squat+deadlift, and stop being such a tranny.

Attached: Consider the Following.gif (301x200, 955K)

^

"my bench is shit and i'm a totally weak faggot: the cope"

t.

Attached: 1565325817977.jpg (310x366, 20K)

listening to commands is feminine now? guess when the police asks for your license and you give it to him youre a girl

You're responding to a retard that actually believes that *women are better at bench pressing than men*. Just let that sink in. Not only that, but this is literally who you're quoting. He's a deranged faggot that nobody likes and is so insecure that he swears that everyone who (rightfully) shits on him is one person that nobody has seen and doesn't exist. Shit's sad.

squats make your ass bigger and fuller, a goal for many women. squats are the gayest of those 3 exercises

I'm going to attempt pressing 60kg today. I tried 57.5 last week and failed but I've been feeling confident this week. I think some good music and an espresso will give me that last push

Eddie a cute

>doing highbar for quads
smoothbrain
>not doing highbar for better erector development
ascended galaxy brain

Guys, I have a hard time developing proper abs. I'm doing The Bridge right now and am getting substantially stronger. Ab work is included as well, but I have a feeling that I should target that area some more. What are the best exercises to do so?

Do you yourself weigh 60kg?

What's a good intermediate program for someone who wants to keep getting stronger but doesn't want to get into powerlifting

Anything where you don't do the competition squat/bench/deadlift.

You could even grab any powerlifting programme and sub in ssb squat/floor press/trap bar dead

Or any other lower risk variations you like.

ohp is shit compared to bench
good for aesthetics, for some reason my side delts grow bigger from ohp than from side delt iso

Just do U/L with close grip bench and RDLS occupying main slots. Then squat on one of your lower days and leg press/whatever on the other. Transition into competiton lift's if you ever what to, or don't. High rep RDLS and block pulls are more fun to push than full deads anyway and they make you just as jacked and strong

wrong thread

High pulls and shrugs over deadlift max have put a thickness into my back ive chased for years.

SQUUISH brrrpft SPLAAAT PLOPPLO PLOPLOP PLOPL SPLOSHSPLOSH SPLOSH SPLOSH PLOP splotch splosh split splat
Brrpft splaaat splotch

BRRPFT SPLAAAAAT SPLOAASSHSHSPSOSISHSHSHHSHSHSHSS SPLAAATAA BRRRPFTSS DPLOOOTFH SPLOOOTch
SQUUISH splaaat splotch splotch

Brrrpfft SPLOTCH SPLOSJSPLOSGSPLOOOSHSPLOOSH

Phew this Norman khan smells nasty! In case you couldn’t tell this Norman khan is half Norman khannarea phew this is a nasty nasty disposal

Stink factor 8.5/10 watch out lads this is a real messy and stinky disposal

uh oh, pube head's back to have another one of his weird faggot meltdowns. he's such a cringe inducing little shit lmfao.

Anyone willing to break down the Texas Method OR 5/3/1?

Used to train 3x5 for three years. Just getting back into lifting. Current lifts are baby weight but I expect them to grow DL-325 BP-205 S-275. Old numbers were much more gooder.

>Texas Method

squat cuck dog shit that'll have you stalling hard in no time due to shit volume and making ZERO progress everywhere else

>5/3/1

absolute dog shit peddled by a fraud manlet that's literally a stripped down routine for high school football players with even less volume

Righty' oh mate. Whats the recommended weekly routine for mad strength gains then? 3/2/1? Should I be training all my compounds 3 days a week? Or split it up.. OHP/DL/Snatch/Core - BP/Squat/IBP then repeat for a four day split?

There is no way Eddie's teeth are real.

The poster who replied to you doesn't lift and has no idea what he's talking about. 4day Texas method would be fine, although I'm partial to madcow or even SS if you've been off for a while

t. projecting retard with shit lifts. this is the dumb fuck you listen to if you want to accomplish nothing.

>madcow

YIKES. this idiot's got even shittier lifts than i previously thought.

Attached: 1556160028517.jpg (240x240, 6K)

See right on cue he just spews some nonsense. You'll notice he can't produce any evidence of ever having been to a gym, because he hasn't.

Why do you watch Japanese cartoons?

continued projection from the retard who thinks madcowshit is worth a damn lmfao. post body/lifts or concede that you have no idea what's going on, faggot.

So i started out about a week ago from dad bod and came here literally to ask about this before the thread derailed into OVH v BENCHPRESS. OP stated if you cant do more than 5 reps its too much weight? Ive been doing overhead press and squats cause its all I have, I figure if i can do 5 its getting too easy and I needed more weight. Also what increments to increase weight? Pic related

Attached: 20190813_084825.jpg (1440x2560, 674K)

this is the powerlifting thread

not the sticky

you should read the sticky instead

also the OP is memeing you

I thnks I kinda thought so, I'll read it now. Ive read the old sticky a few times a couple years ago but havent read the news ones.

>plg
>aka overweight cope general

I know no one else loves you hank, but I do :3

>laying on your back and digging your feet into the ground for leverage is best test for raw strength.

Cope.

Would someone mind posting the approved routines?
Thanks friends

Attached: 1559708353263.jpg (1514x2047, 629K)

just look in the archives dumbo

I forgot thats a thing

thanks

holy shit i'm a volem

Strict standing OHP is the best measurement of strength

>strict
>standing
those are both requirements of calling it OHP (or The Press™) otherwise its push press or seated barbell blah blah

>i can not refute your claim and am too much of a mentally fragile retard to accept that an actual person could put me in my place so hard so i have to lean on a meme about someone who doesn't exist in order to cope, sir

i accept your embarrassing admission of defeat, bitch boy. no more (you)s from your superior. enjoy accomplishing nothing.

Attached: 1539921957503.jpg (292x236, 17K)

>was supposed to do 5x3 and 3x2 on paused bench today
>do my triples
>say fuck it and do 1x6 TnG with like 3 more in the tank
Hepburn is nice, especially since I'm in my 4th cycle and still progressing easily.

get some new material hank, this shit is stale

Attached: archive.jpg (671x784, 65K)

I get a pulling/stretchy feeling in my lower back whenever I Squat. Not necessarily pain, just discomfort. Any clue what this might be?

Warm up more, stay more upright, you're probably rounding over

10/10 good shit. Benchshitter go kys

i can post a video if you want

i think i have some buttwink, but i can't for the life of me find a combination of bar position, stance width and toe flare that allows me to not have it

Post a video. My guess is your descending too quickly

Wait wait wait, is 5/3/1 really that bad? I started beyond 5/3/1 a week ago to check it out because everywhere I've looked folks seem to race about it.

If I just want to get yuge and strong what should I be doing instead?

Rave

I was feeling like a cheeky cheat day so I had a sandwich 1500 calories of raw cookie dough and two litres of appe juice. Time to let it settle, then I'm frying up some shrimp. I regret nothing.
>dabs on "people" who are cutting

Attached: 1548613973985.png (1189x1422, 59K)

This is the poster you're replying to, a small chinese man who doesn't even know what the inside of a gym looks like and has never produced evidence that he has ever lifted because he can't. Watch him flail in response to this post.

i think you replied to me the other day. i started getting this comfort a few days later when i experimented with a closer stance.

drive.google.com/file/d/1-JpAOcv2h-Arq4e38AbPOQoWvGM8x5Tq/view?usp=sharing

this is like inside shoulder width. previous video was super wide. the wide stance fucked with my hips too much i think. felt crowded.

novice lifter here having a problem with bench stability, stuck @115lbs for 2 weeks trying to correct my form w/ my biggest problems being the bar swaying or not being able to keep a consistent bar path - do any pro bench pressers have any advice 4 me?

Attached: kircheis.png (702x388, 369K)

all stability issues in the bench comes from a lack of upper back tightness

You're starting too upright for sure. Other than that, it doesn't look like you're butt winking because that happens on the descent. Instead, it happens when you start to push up, which says to me your brace is off or your core is weak, so it can't transfer power effectively from your legs to the bar.

so i go into overextension on the ascent you mean? it looks like theres some shift during the descent too though, but its a bit hard to see

i think my bracing is good, but i don't know.

lifting won't protect you against diabetes

chances are that your lack of consistency in regards to form also has to do with the fact that you haven't been lifting for very long so that should probably take care of yourself

in other words, keep practicing - work on form, tightness, a good arch and bracing with your core and legs. my favorite cue for getting tight is to squeeze the everloving fuck out of the bar with your hands throughout

remember i watched this video a while back

youtube.com/watch?v=QBqG90aDNJ8&t=7m5s

is this what i'm doing?

Had a great day today, hit a new 1RM of 365 for deadlift, and I weighed in at 158 this morning. I've still got a long way to go if I want to compete but I'm starting to feel like the thing holding me back most is my grip strength.

Looks like it to me, and no matter how closely I look, I don't see any spinal movement on the descent

pls b kg

Do you do any transverse abdominus work? Dead bugs and variations could help you maintain a constant brace instead of losing it to overextension. Otherwise I wouldn't stress too much, you could start with a slightly less upright torso angle and straight core to mimic what happens after the adjustment so that you can hold it constant.

Yeah I just practiced this with a broomstick. I think I get it now. Feels really fucking weird, like I'm rounding and pushing my legs way too far forward.

i guess that's to be expected when you've dealt with overextension for so long. neutral will feel like rounding?

i think i got it now after shifting my focus to the ascent. i was just looking and focusing on the descent before. will have to try with a barbell later. i think it's just a motor pattern issue.

i tried it just now and focused on squeezing the glutes right out of the hole, while pushing myself forward almost, instead of up, and i instantly felt it in the glutes.

i have severe apt so it's probably a result of weak core/overactive lower back/weak glutes paired with a bad motor pattern that favors an apt position

nope I'm just a manlet, and I've only been lifting seriously for 6 months

>nope I'm just a twink
fixed

we have plenty of 5'8 dudes here pulling near 300kg including myself

just pack on lean mass bro I weigh 90kg

BASED

>Lying on the internet
lmao

>lifting won't protect you against diabetes
Yes it will

its very easy to see who is weak when they dont even believe you for a level of pull thats good but nothing extraordinary

theres literally a trip whos 5'8 88kg who pulled 280kg on video

>including myself
alright lets see it boyo

>being so weak you cant believe another guy deadlifted near that amount
do you want video of me doing 20kg dumbell curls for reps too?

>he can't post a video of him lifting "near" 300kg like he claims
any other deflection you'd like to post before you're written off?

I deadlifted 275kg

I dont see the purpose of proving some stranger on the internet that I lifted a weight that is nothing special. But I can see that it is special for you when your 1RM is 150kg

>nothing special
About 350 people have actually lifted 300kg at 93 in tested feds. It's not exactly common, and shouldn't be surprising that people don't believe a claim that there are all sorts of people doing it here

how many people lifted 150kg in tested feds look that one up too

I'm not a twink, just not well trained. I think my quads are a pretty good size.

Attached: 20190813_105250.jpg (1409x1368, 809K)

Looks like you're in the company of 16,000 other people, congratulations

looks like you got 300kg squat quads there bro, ims ure you squat at least 280kg right?

No, my current max is 335lbs, not too strong on the big lifts yet. I hope to be able to do 500+ on squat and deadlift within a year or so.

I'm doing the RTS 'pivot' meme where you do things you aren't doing on your regular training, for 1 week.

Now, HOW THE FUCK DO I "SUMO"?

There's a guy that posts here that does T-pose before deadlifted bar that deadlifted like 275kg. Looked pretty skinny.

I've been trying to include more ab work as well because I have shit abs. I've been doing lying leg raises between bench sets like Brian Alsruhe shows here as the first step for performing a dragon flag: youtu.be/IXDfVk6gKBQ?t=659
It's a pretty good starting point I think because you're not spending any more time in the gym when you can do them between bench sets.

wrong thread pal

Brian mentions in the video that stronger abs has helped him in the squat and deadlift so I'd say it's relevant.

I think I got it, not sure though:

drive.google.com/file/d/1-hZatuIUzVKctu9vWwH5EYzIrHjmxq5c/view?usp=drivesdk

drive.google.com/file/d/1-jVU6mVutbYqlV2y_qeSwTy8mt-xy5e9/view?usp=drivesdk

first rep of the second vid looks somewhat rounded (buttwink), second rep looks good. the first vid looks weird, like you've gotten rid of your hip drive or something, I wouldn't focus so much on going forward, but it looks fine loaded because you have to keep the weight over your foot anyways. Either way I wouldn't overanalyze this shit if you can do what your second rep was like consistently

Powerlifters wish they could do this
youtube.com/watch?v=3X2SJbF8Y9g

wrong thread bud

the focus is the same in both sets, i.e. pushing with glutes out of the bottom instead of just going up without any thought. maybe this is overdone when i do it with just the bar.

i did get some back discomfort/slight pain from this session, and my lower back doesn't really look stable during the ascent. not sure what i did different between the first and second rep either