I FUCKING HATE SQUATS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

I FUCKING HATE SQUATS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1533068573028.jpg (400x396, 25K)

I feel you OP, I love and hate them.
First time going over 100kg, that fear wondering if I'll ever come back up?

How do i stop them from hurting my back? I cant find a comfortable position to put the bar

I dropped squats after I got stuck under 137.5kg bar and had to be rescued. Never again.

care to elaborate?

you get used to it

Power racks user

I don't feel the same, I love squats and diddlys

Low bar is Marie comfortable for me, high bar hurts

Based. Same. I can’t wait to deadlift on Wednesday

I love diddlies but hate squatting with every fibre of my being. After 10 months i still can't get the form down, and get totally gassed after 3 reps

Low bar doesn't hurt me at all.
High bar though feels like it's trying to dent and tear my traps.

I used to feel the same, mainly because they were really uncomfortable and was never sure whether I was doing them the right way.

What I was doing wrong was:
Hadn't trained enough with bodyweight, the movement feels more natural after you do it a lot of times.
Wasn't focusing enough on pushing my knees out. Knees stopped clacking after I fixed this
Wasn't focusing on keeping my upper body truly rigid. Made the balancing way easier.
Was overloading the bar and wasn't going ass to grass. Ass to grass feels just right. You are sure of what movement you have to do. Going only bellow parallel is for powershitters.

Ankle mobility keeps me from going a2g. How do i improve it?

Google

ngmi

I used to but I can't get enough of it now. It feels good knowing I used to barely be able to do a plate each side and now I can rep doubles without breaking a sweat. Can't say the same about diddies tho but that's honestly just the same problem I had initially with squats.

I fucking love squats.
Also I don't understand people saying they can't get the form right. Squats are the most natural movement you could do.

No exercise is mandatory, user.
I do sprints, weighted carries and vertical jumps for lower body. That's it. Why? I enjoy them more, adherence is the number one predictor of success when it comes to making exercise a lifestyle.
No, you don't have to squat and deadlift. Stop listening to powershitters.

Hey, my doctor said I shouldn't do squats because it puts pressure on my vertebrae, I shattered 3 in 2017 so I'm obviously trying to be careful with it. I've been subbing in leg press, is that ok or is there something better?

I fucking love squats. It hurts like hell but it's a bittersweet feeling. I'm close to squatting 100kg.

I don't agree with this sentiment, but I do think squats are the most efficient way to work the lower body. If you can tolerate disliking them in exchange for saving a lot of time, I think it's worth it for the efficiency. I fucking hate squatting but I still do them because nothing comes close to the gains I make on them, and to get comparable results I'd have to spend way more time on all types of other shit.

whoops I meant I do agree with the sentiment, I'm a sperg

manlet spotted. proper squat form is difficult if your legs are long. you have to spread them out and bend your torso forward a lot

t. 6'3

Try doing like 2 sets of higher reps lower weight after you're done with your main shit. It helped me a little with conditioning, although i'm dyel af so might not help you much.

KILL SQUATS
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1560298929326.png (365x250, 191K)

Same. I think it's a holdover from when I had twig arms and couldn't lift anything; no lift felt satisfying except for squats and deadlifts for months and months.

bent over bb rows are worse tho

can i get an answer to this?

need something to sub in for squat

The virgin "it hurts"
The chad "deal with it"

Squats are my favorite exercise. Learn to brace and have proper form. It's the most intuitive exercise I do besides deadlift.

I guess you could try trap bar deadlifts.
Or is that too heavy too?

My favourite excersise bro

>people actually complaining about lifting weights
Do you... do you people actually lift for pleasure? I lift because I want to be healthy and have a strong core, what is this shit about having "favored" or "unfavored" exercises? Just fucking pick up the bar dude, what the hell else are you here for?

I don't know.
Maybe try getting in the bottom of the squat position and stay there for some time so that your ankles get stretched and warmed up. Keep in mind that your lower back must be straight.

Attached: Starting Strength.png (957x939, 416K)

I must have weird proportions because i find bench way more intuitive than squatting and dl.

I lift because i don't want to be a fat fuck with tiddies. but fuck squat, easily the least favourite compound.

I'll give this a shot. I do a set of bodyweight before putting on the bar but maybe i gotta do more

Attached: hqdefault-2.jpg (480x360, 12K)

>I must have weird proportions because i find bench way more intuitive than squatting and dl.
Bench is a way simpler movement than bench or deadlift.

I can't figure the damn things out, watched vids and do all the form cues, and it still seems random whether I get a perfect painless session or randomly destroy my lower back and get sidelined for weeks.

Maybe I'm just a brainlet.

Attached: fug.jpg (600x797, 61K)

>Bench is a way simpler movement than bench

I guarantee all the weenies saying they dislike squats are forgetting to brace their core THROUGH THE WHOLE MOVEMENT and aren't squeezing their glutes on the way up. Squats stopped being hated by me and became way more enjoyable once I realized these things.

Same, I just went full front squat + trap bar deadlifts, Jow Forums """purists""" can suck my fucking nuts

Attached: 1493388634626.png (600x383, 90K)

You’ll be okay.
They’re a super natural movement and a life hack if ever there was one.

Have a love hate relationship with them first time i did 200kg squat in comp was one of the moments ill never forget but fuck do i hate the training leading up to it.

squats are great, I've never had issues with squat form other than beginner foot placement.

t. 6'4" long legs

when i started working out i tried a 100kg squat because /fit told me i should start with my body weight. ended up in the hospital
never done squats again

>Listening to Jow Forums

Youtube search ''Tom Merrick ankle mobility''

>Bench is a way simpler movement than bench or deadlift.
Is the second bench squat? Also bench is a lot "harder" movement than dl or sq