Started running a few months ago, 3 days a week in the beginning

Started running a few months ago, 3 days a week in the beginning.

Recently I got upset and went for a run just for the sake of it. Somehow it fixed everything in my mind and I've been running every day ever since for about 40 - 60 minutes.

Is there a chance this is actually bad for my health? How much running is too much running?
Should I take break days in between?

Attached: 3935514_orig.jpg (700x404, 68K)

You can get cancer in your leg muscles if you run too frequently

God, you're all a bunch of faggots.

you are literally running from your problems lol

There is no such thing as too much running. Men have trained over 200 miles per week.
However, you need to ramp your mileage up slowly, 10% per week at the most. Also, if you go for more than ~90-120 minutes at a time, you need to eat on the go in order to prevent autophagy.

How long have you been doing daily runs? It's fine if you're properly conditioned. I run 6 days a week (I like to have one rest day where I either do nothing or go mountainbiking). As long as nothing hurts, you're go to go.

just make sure you have good shoes. you do -not- want plantar fasciitis. Just take one day off every 3 days and you will be good. don't do super long runs every day. do like 4,4,7 off.

You can get cancer from retard posting as well.

Is that your ratto?

Also be sure to stretch and rehydrate after running!

Yesterday some faggot stole my bottle of water. Sucks to do half a marathon without drinking.

Is it true that cardio accelerates aging?

Race or just a long run? The latter can be done without water or food if it's not too hot.

You should do less time with more resistance. Get a backpack and put some weights on it.

No. Being outside without protection when the sun is at its brightest isnt the best for your skin though.

I did it in 1h50mins; it was doable without water, but would have been better without a dry mouth.

Yeah obviously. Just make sure you rehydrate immediately when you get home and it should be all good.

RIP knees

It's good for your leg joints, as long as you give yourself one rest day a week you should be fine

It’s obviously good. Great for cardio and you'll burn a lot of calories.
It's not optimal however. You should add some variation. Running 15 minutes at higher intensity, doing sprints, adding weight, etc. Also you’ll struggle putting on muscle if you run that much. Dont neglect your musculature.

Whatever you do, don't do this.
You can increase resistance by running on soft surfaces like grass or sand, or by running hills or stadiums or inclined treadmills.
Your joints take enough of a pounding from regular running. The last thing you need is to add extra force to the impacts against the ground that you're performing roughly 1000 times each mile.

lol

Only if you're one of those marathon zealots. Pic related.

Attached: DolfJansen.jpg (360x240, 19K)

Bonus points if you guess his political views

>Dolf Jansen
I remember listening to him on 3FM.... 20 years ago.

I actually don't hate the guy. I just wish he would eat something and stop profiling himself as 'mr running is good for you'.

Who wants to run if you turn into that?

Attached: halp.jpg (500x312, 76K)

Just don't do it if you're too fat. Heard stories of fat people doing a lot of running and it ruins their knees. If you're pretty fat you should get your diet in order with minimal running and run more when you're skinny

I literally havent seen or listened to him in decades. I disliked his wacky radio style back in the day. Wasnt even aware he was into running.

Oh yeah, he is pretty hardcore into marathons.

Well good for him. He does look like shit though.

feels good

Seriously look up the stats. Running has some of the worst injury rates you could imagine for a casual cardio activity.

No. Seriously. Do it.

There's an immediate cognitive bias where people try to immediately dismiss these base rates by pretending they're different and magical fairies.

"Oh I'm not like everyone else."

Yeah maybe. But most people are.

So here's the question- do you keep doing something this dangerous, long-term with these odds when there are far safer activities?