Sparring

How to spar without getting brain damage from boxing and without broken joints from stand-up grappling?

Having trouble finding words and remembering names and it kinda sucks lately. I knew it would happen some day. My elbow and shoulder is wonky, too.

Attached: god brain helmet.png (1726x586, 676K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Parsons
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There is no way. Enjoy your CTE.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Parsons

>This young man, may he rest in peace, was diagnosed with CTE in his autopsy.
>He won 11 out of his 13 fights and only got KO'd once.
>His combat sports career was only 5 years and he already had CTE.

bump

Come on we gotta have some guys doing a real sport here.

Don't do sparring?

Nigel Benn, Joe Calzaghe and loads more didn't even spar.

Just spar lightly lol

Doesn't happen - ever. If you spar light, the other guy will ramp it up.

Ever had a heavyweight jab you lightly? Lol. I guess it's okay if you're a manlet like the Thais who only spar lightly. A 260 lbs corn-fed farmboy will light you up (more like "lights out actually) even with a light punch.

Just gotta go with the right club that's mature about sparring.

>I'm going easy today bro lets go 75%.

An experienced martial artist will be able to do this. Even 50% and spar appropriately slowly and lightly. You shouldn't spar 100% every time. Only brainlet clubs do that. Pro's certainly fucking don't.

Broken joints are pretty rare in stand up grappling. Just collar bones and little shit. Most 'joint' injuries from wrestling tend to be leglocks put on too hard or you're own fault.

No he won't unless you're both complete and utter retards or beginners who have no clue what you're doing

Switch to a grappling art instead of getting smashed in the head repeatedly.

lightly and with good training partners. If the dude cracks you accidentally with one punch dont get all pissed of and ramp it up. Fuck it you guys are practicing literally hitting each other, shit happens. Just keep going and if he doesnt stop tell him. This isn't about being a pussy this is about potentially getting seriously injured. Save getting your shit punched in for the fight

Doesn't work irl.

Is grappling much better when it comes to brain damage? All that choking and throwing.

I certainly won't "keep going". I already have enough trouble with the old noggin'.

fair enough, i dont mean getting dropped or something though, i just mean if he hits you hard where you might get pissed off. I see it way too much where a nice light sparring turns into hard sparring from a few shots. If you get dropped or some shit your done for then day, and at least one or two weeks

I spar my little brother. He's 70kg and I'm 110kg. He goes all out, which is a good challenge and allows me to train keeping calm under a barrage of punches.
Pretty funny, there's been two occasions where he's gone too far and I've ended the fight with a single punch. One bust his nose open and the other winded him.

>becoming brain damaged increases liberalism

Yea it works. I've been doing martial arts for over a decade. You're asking fucking beginners questions so I assume you brand new.

You go to a retard boxing club. If you knew how little work it takes to set up a club like that and how little experience your average boxing instructor has you'd have the confidence to say. Lets just do some lighter sparring today.

As an adult martial arts class you hve to say it all the time. I need to spar light today I have an interview tomorrow/my shoulders injured/I'm hving ankle trouble/I had a long fucking day.

Take your no excuses fight club bullshit back to the high school bike sheds and fuck off.

What how long have you been training? Man I just try and pick the dudes I know i can neutralise or boys in the gym that I trust not to try and KO me so I can feel free to experiment with new techniques and ad to my game which is what I assumed the point of Sparring is. If you have dudes throwing bombs at you just go kill or be killed mode especially if you wnna be in the game for the long hall you can't be letting cunts take your longevity in the gym. Also put more of an emphasis on footwork and defence to get out of the way of the heat when it comes. I t sounds like you're a march him down and stand right in front all the time kind of guy. As for stand up grappling. What are you refferring to? Wrestling? clinch exchanges during boxing rounds?

You tap out before passing out, no worse than holding your breath for a couple minutes. I've been doing jiu-jitsu and wrestling for years and I've never taken a hard blow to the head.

Yes, it does work. Just because you train with boneheads doesn’t mean everyone does.

Millions of people train boxing/mma other sports involving striking and millions of them also does sparrings, how many times do you hear of someone getting a CTE because of that? Maybe 5 every year? Go do it, its safer than driving a car

Attached: 576546346.jpg (1080x1080, 91K)

wew lad that fucking pic

pic makes me uncomfortable
humanity has come too far

Attached: 1513761471496.png (3072x3118, 2.31M)

Get the Ovens ready

What are the dds they can do this remotely with 5g?

don't ever masturbate or have sex all the way from beginning to end of your entire training career, and then at least for one year after your last fight. also during that one year after retiring, meditate a lot and cycle lion's mane (and cbd occasionally). a meditation retreat would also be good.
the nonut is most important though. it takes like 90 days of a clean streak for the channel upwards to be established and then once that's done the jizz will nourish your brain (ojas shakti). srs.

Find a sparring partner that isn't a fucking bellend

Don't get hit.

how often and heavy is you sparring session?
we do sparring twice a week, every other week we have one heavy sparring session.
have been doing this for 7 years now and despite being knocked down countless times and knocked out 3 times, never noticed anything out of the ordinary. but then again I do Muay Thai not boxing.

>knocked out 3 times
Not good for your brain

Attached: painting 3.jpg (2727x3492, 1.46M)

Man there's a big difference in taking some shots at a local boxing gym once or twice a week and pro fighters putting in hundreds of rounds with the best killers on the planet.

If you get rocked, don't spar for a little while, and don't swang and bang like an idiot. You'll be fine.

Also, this is one time where being a little pudgy can be beneficial. I'm a fluffy permabulk, but I rarely get rocked unless I REALLY get caught clean.

>2047
>agenda 21 and Greater Israel Plan in full swing
>the entirety of humanity has been contained into dense megacities within the designated population zones for 16 years now
>those who refused to leave nature were destroyed in the name of sustainability
>everything you watch, everything you hear, eat and drink is now monitored and heavily regulated
>it is now mandatory for your life to be reduced to working, eating and sleeping
>recreational desires can now be satisfied completely through endless choice by the use of virtual reality systems
>time for my appointment with Dr Klein
>"doc i feel like society is imposing itself upon all of my natural instincts and beliefs, that i'm not allowed to be human anymore"
>"oy vey goyim, these are very dangerous thoughts you are having, you must be depressed! report to the brain treatment centre immediately!"
>"doc i don't wa-"
>"treatment is mandatory for all goyim!"
>spend the next 3 hours in the brain treatment centre with all the other free thinkers
>leave feeling much more calmer, and content
>"hmmm i wonder what new VR tv shows are on tonight..."

coming to a street near you

Attached: 1546047843115.jpg (756x275, 93K)

>Headquarters: Jerusalem, Israel
Why is Jow Forums always right.

Attached: 1530067747672.jpg (250x250, 7K)