See myself in mirror

>see myself in mirror
>genuinely think I look good
>see myself in photos and I look fucked up
Which one is the real me? I seriously do not understand how i can look so different in photos. Is it because the photos are flat and still? Can one of you Chad's teach me how to take a good photo?

Attached: stronk_frens_give_st.jpg (1617x865, 467K)

part of it is the mirroring effect
the other part of it is in the mirror you can quickly adjust and correct your pose to look better

the real you is in the photos btw

photos show you your "true" face but reversed from what you're used to see in the mirror, hence why you think you look disfigured

you guys are fag, photos depends on the camera you are using to take them.
so no that's not your true face

Lens and lighting makes a huge difference.

The other thing is that with moving images your brain interprets an average of the object that won't necessarily be present at any "frame" of that object. You'll notice with a lot of movies you can never really pause and get an image of someone attractive that looks as attractive as you think they do, or looks as good as they do in a photo.

Depending on the camera photos can fuck with your face and often dont give a real representation of what you look like irl

Attached: Focal-Length-Comparison-550.jpg (367x550, 217K)

Mostly this but its more a mixture because in the mirror you see yourself in motion and your face is moving in 3d. You can see the effect the flattening of images does to peoples noses and cheeks

Video/mirror are more accurate. Even with Chad's like Cavill it's true, I saw him IRL and he's even better looking because you see him in motion rather than a single picture. He even looks a bit fucked in his superman days in stills yet when you see him moving its different
Photo isn't me btw

Attached: OP_with_Henry.jpg (712x878, 77K)

This is fucking disgusting holy shit he literally changes his number/10 throughout the entire collage

Holy fucking shit?! Cameras are devil's made

I’m ugly as fuck too user. Just get strong and ripped to rectify it. Also develop a good personality if you haven’t already. Being well liked will take you a long way. People do things for people they like/trust.

>be auschwitz mode
>start lifting
>go fro 60kg to 77kg
>still a long way to go, but look good in the mirror
>take photo, look absolutely hideous
>be at party
>cutie glances at you al night
>its probably cause she thinks im disgusting, right?
>some friend told me his mother said if she would still be in her 30s shed hit me up

Wtf do i believe?

>wtf do i believe?
wtf do you think

Neither one is the "real you" but the mirror is closer. While it does flip the image, it's a composite created by your eyes, which is more like how others see you compared to the one lens of the camera.

brb buying a camera with the 200mm option

>posing 20-50 meters away from your camera
kek

Bang her.

Mirror you is you in the present and photo you is you in the past.

Where is that Chad model that posted his front and back camera pics on here and front camera made him look like a beta

photos are a flat one "eye" perspective. Most people look worse in photos. With two eyes people look different in three D

its worth it

Sauce please sauce

Do different people's eyes have different focal lengths too? And people with contacts/glasses?
It turns out beauty is in the eye of a beholder after all?

Lol

What about frontal camera?

There's a tiny bit of truth to the old 'the camera adds 10lbs' meme.

Cameras tend to 'flatten' you out, especially with flash. A lot of depth and contour is lost in the way the light is gathered by the camera. Mirror you is also not real, as your eyes are accustomed to examining yourself in great detail, so you will focus on different things, but mirror is much more accurate than a camera.

I'm a designer and work with a photographer every single day and she explained all this to me, it also applies to her product photography, which is why photographers have to use a fuckton of different lights to make things look 'real'.

If you want a better idea of how you look without a mirroring effect and without a lens fucking you take a picture from futher away and zoom in

I count that as a mirror until you actually take the picture.

I have the same problem.

>train neck
>get neck pump
>think dam am alpha chad
>take selfie with iphone 6s
>pencil neck

Why?? It makes me so sad every time :(

>look at self in bathroom cabinet mirror head on
>think at least 5/10, passable
>cabinet doors are entirely mirrors
>decide to open up doors
>see face from different angles
>look hideous

learned the hard way to never, ever do this.

Attached: 1352596172809.jpg (174x177, 13K)

>Which one is the real me?
The arithmetic mean of your mirror image and your photo image

yes this is my thread with my people in it

>the real you is in the photos btw
Im ugly as fuck by that rule
Why girls took an interest in me then?

I think video would be the best option, both photos and the mirror are subject to distortion and bias.

>photos show you your "true" face but reversed from what you're used to see in the mirror, hence why you think you look disfigured
I reversed (mirrored) the image I took and it still look the same

Your brain is retarded. It gets too used to seeing you in the mirror, a flipped image, and so when you see a picture of yourself (not flipped) everything seems odd. Same goes with the front facing camera.

Lighting and angles have a lot to do with it as well but that's 90% of it. Your brain is conditioned to perceive your face as looking a certain way based on a mirror image, so when you're presented with a flipped version of that, you look weird since your face is almost guaranteed not to be symmetrical. If you think you have a "good side", pictures will reveal that it's not actually as good as you think it is, etc.

>Wtf do i believe?
Women like men that look ugly in photos and beautiful in mirrors
That's the only logically RIGOROUS conclusikn

>but the mirror is closer
Closer meaning Im more beautiful or Im more ugly?
You give me hope my friend, I look like a lite chad in the mirror
What if I take a picture of the mirror? Would that be the real image of me?

>and without a lens fucking you take a picture from futher away and zoom in
>without lens
>take a picture
Nice

>a flipped image, and so when you see a picture of yourself (not flipped) everything seems odd. Same goes with the front facing camera.
When I flip it still looks weird

>look down at my body and think I'm flabby
>see my reflection in a car while running
>chiseled as fuck abs

photo is the real you. this is why good coaches want straight on photos. videos and mirrors fuck things up too much.

Reflections only count as true if it comes from a "natural" mirror such as pond water or a shiny rock.

Attached: ;^).jpg (320x220, 6K)

Do none of you retards know how crystals work?
Look up a thing called refraction, it’s when an image is slightly distorted.
BUT
Because were in a camera, the crystal doesn’t have room to move the image much (because of the mirrors takin up space) and it bounces around itself, masking people look weird.

Came here to post this

Thank you, at least some intel people still browse fit

okay but why am i the only thing that looks weird in the pic and nothing else

>Look up a thing called refraction,
It doesn't happen if the angle of incidence is 90° you moron

could you please fucking delete this

> The photo is the real you
Wrong brainlet, a photo is a mere snapshot in time, you are always in motion.

Attached: enlightenment.png (662x494, 449K)

cope

>facelets literally denying photographic evidence now

Attached: 1487096278625.jpg (542x540, 17K)

The virgin wide angle lens vs. Chad telephoto lens

This.
My phone camera has an odd effect on self pictures making the head large and looks like a fish-eye lens. If someone else takes a picture with a camera I look fine.

Don't worry OP. While the "you" see in pictures is you, that's what everyone else sees and is normal to them. If they saw the mirror "you" they would freaked out because that's not how they see you normally. The way you see yourself in mirrors is the way other people see you, it's just flipped with photo you.