Why does Rippetoe say that chin ups can replace bicep curls since it's the same movement when it clearly isn't?

Why does Rippetoe say that chin ups can replace bicep curls since it's the same movement when it clearly isn't?

Attached: 1544166373734.jpg (761x1361, 192K)

Why would you listen to the advice on bodybuilding of someone who doesn't even look like he lifts?

Rippetoe focus isn't on hypertrophy.

Because:

A) His focus is not on hypertrophy or looking good
B) If a trainee has time constraints in the gym, which most people have, the chin up offers a lot more bang for your buck than a bicep curl - even if you're just trying to look good

No idea, but I almost never do bicep training minus chins and my biceps are around 17.4 inches, but I am a full time bloater

It's an old school claim and popular among a lot of powerlifters and strongmen, but I never got any bicep gains out of them. (And I could hit 20 at 220 back in muh prime)

Fatceps don't count then.

holy fuck I want her to rape me

Attached: 26871844_146442852732492_8255169576635990016_n.jpg (1080x1350, 98K)

my former fwb looked like that. she smelled though and it was only hot a few times. Also fit chicks have no personality.-

Fucccckk imagine being asleep and waking up to her picking you up over her shoulder ready to fuck you senseless amazon position

I'm about to break nofap fuck fuck fuck

Chin ups are cheat curls.

5 supersets of biceps + triceps takes like 10-15 minutes, which is about how long Rip wants you to rest between sets towards the end of LP.

Thanks. If I want to add curls what's the best set/rep range for hypertrophy?

>Fatceps don't count then
Wow, so m-m-mean.

Attached: bloat.jpg (940x923, 129K)

I'd do some 5x5 slightly cheating bicep curls for strength and then pump the shit out of them with strict variations in the 12ish rep range. And then maybe one super high rep set at the end to finish them off.

decent peaks my guy. My measurement is similar but looks flat as shit.

>since it's the same movement when it clearly isn't?
It is the same movement you retard
Just rotate a bicep curl in your head

>Rippetoe say[s] that chin ups can replace bicep curls since it's the same movement
Where does he say that? He doesn't say that as far as I know.

10-15 is probably alright. I don't think your elbows are going to be very happy if you do 5x5 like suggested.
Keep in mind that you're training muscles and not a movement when doing curls, so you're going to have to approach it differently than the other lifts on SS.

confirmed retard, curls are iso movements, chin up is a compound movement where bicep and lats take most of the movement

Hoe many sets? 3?

Back is looking pretty thickkk. Post nude shots, no homo.

Start with 3 sets 1x week, then after a while you can start doing them 2x a week, and then 3x week. After that you could add a set, and then another but there's no need to rush that progression.
There's no hard rules here so you're just going to have to try things out and see how it goes. Same with the kind of curls, try different kinds and see what you like best, it's fine to change the type of curl every session if you want to since the goal here isn't to maximize the amount of weight you're using on the excercise.

Glad to see my varbie pic from my thread is being put to good use

>fit chicks have no personality
Who gives a fuck?

Source?

Caitlin Hill

BUT YOU CANT CLAIM MY WHEYFU

Attached: E70186E1-3805-43CE-BBB2-BEC50F5CA0CB.gif (680x680, 1.08M)

yikes... wish I hadn't seen the rest of the photos.

Attached: 1552883717504.png (800x791, 1.62M)

>pukes

hahahahahhahaha

shes' 17 btw

This is one of the hottest photos I ever seen.
I wish she squashed my head like a melon with her thicc thighs.

Yeah the varbie thread thumbnail is her best pic

>Rippetoe say that chin ups can replace bicep curls since it's the same movement
Rippetoe doesn't say that. Source your claim.

Still gross. Its like her physique is that of 40-50 year old... skin is not healthy looking...

Only certain women look good kind of buffed, the rest should never attempt to destroy their feminine physiques.

Attached: 1565238613476.gif (540x450, 1.46M)

more like cotton hill lmao

you're saying it like it's a bad thing

Attached: e1c75fc3-ce74-4f41-9550-67992793422b-profile_image-300x300.png (300x300, 79K)

What the fuck man. Boner just fucking shrinked into my bladder and is hiding there.

>low t s o i detected