You don't ACTUALLY believe in those silly somatotypes, right user?

You don't ACTUALLY believe in those silly somatotypes, right user?

Attached: Workouts-Diet-Plans-for-Ectomorph-Mesomorph-and-Endomorph-Body-Types.jpg (516x451, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11102884
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's silly about them?

I don't think there's any one thing genetically that makes you one or the other. These exist as a way of describing eating habits and exercise. It's not like tall endomorphs don't exist. And you will be a mesomorph as a result of training and right diet.

These aren't genetic body types they're the result of many factors including genetics, eating habits, exercise habits, and other things.

Like a lot of things on this site, it's a very reductionist view, blaming everything about your body on genetic factors instead of looking at all of them and seeing how they also contribute to the whole.

>These aren't genetic body types they're the result of many factors including genetics

Attached: 1538785573663.png (864x627, 1.11M)

Tall endomorph here. I put on muscle super stupid easily but have a hard time cutting down. I have at least one day of cardio during the week during bulks.

I think the “types” are better at describing frame than height.

Yes. To call them genetic implies they're only genetic. When in reality they're more than that.

The general definition is that you are one of these based on birthright when in reality that is only part of the picture. That's what I'm trying to convey. Thanks for understanding if my wording is confusing.

People have different skeletal proportions, and carry their weight differently. It's over simplified, but not "wrong".

Well its not like youre exacly one or the other. The one you are closer to is what you should be classified as. The problem with them is most people fail to understand that.

>Manlet
>Endomorph

Fuck

Attached: IMG_20190630_205754.jpg (1305x1265, 125K)

>I think the “types” are better at describing frame than height.
this

Bullshit. I'm a mesomorph, and I can eat a shitty diet and lift weights once a week and build more muscle than the average yahoo. My dad and brother are build the same way (my sister to a lesser extent). I had broad shoulders as an infant... It was genes.

I'm a glorious 8-shaped man

>tfw mesomorph but chubby

Attached: 1552305447952.jpg (671x708, 117K)

You are also correct. Depending on the individual one factor can be more effecting than the others. In your case genetics played a strong role.
I'm not denying the effects of genetics, I'm simply saying there's more to it. It your case, the fact you know your dad and brother build the same way also implies that they have taught you good diet and exercise. Which is also part of the reason your body is the way it is.

I cringe whenever I hear people using these terms in normal conversations.
You can tell they saw some picture like in OP and just started using the terms without really understanding any of it.

It's also worth noting that if you build a lot of muscle so quickly that you're a beginner with high T. This could be genetic but also as a result of a high T environment.

I like how Mesomorph and Endomorph are just the same dude but one of them eats more than the other.

Additionally this is anecdotal, which isn't the greatest way to refute a point.

Diet and exercise can help, but I wasn't raised by my dad, and ate vegetarian from 14 to 23 and vegan from 23 to 36, whereas they did not. Two tall skinny people from tall skinny families will almost never have short, stout children (there are still recessive genes that can make weird shit happen like black people with blue eyes).

That's great evidence for why genetics both do and don't play a great role in this argument. And how other more environmental factors can.

dunno about all this but frame size is a definitive biomarker for physical ability

bigger frames can hold more mass safely and with better performance paramaters

that doesn't mean you can't get big and athletic with a small frame but nature is usually working against you unless you're a genetic outlier.

here's one such study to support this

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11102884

i also know strongerbyscience did an article on the subject i'll try and dig up sometime

at least make all three of them the same height. holy shit this is brainlet tier.

Attached: ].jpg (632x403, 31K)

literally outdated pseudoscience. They do not exist. However, men with broad shoulders tend to put on muscle mass more easily or at least more visible mass