Finally hit 3pl8 deadlift

>Finally hit 3pl8 deadlift
>so excited, can't wait for 4pl8 deadlift
>next day
>side of hip where I had a hernia repair is killing me
>can't even sit down confortably

Am I fucked bros? Am I gonna have to deload and stay in the mid 200s so I don't rip this mesh in my side? I had the repair done over 5 years ago

Attached: Levantamento-terra[1].jpg (570x316, 14K)

Go to the doctor. Honestly maybe heavy deadlifts may not be for you. You can try deloading ans increasing volume and supplementing with bent over rows

>deadlifting
>ever
lol

I called the doc when I first started lifting and he told me I should be absolutely fine. He probably didn't think I would go this high.

I'll try deloading 20% and focusing on volume instead.

Hate to be that guy, but deadlifting heavy is one fat fucking meme. It is the fastest lift to end up in snap city and snap city = no gainz. You can build an impressive body without deadlifting.

I want strength. I care very little about aesthetics. As long as I'm not fat, which I'm not, I'm fine.

like fatman Oberst said, deadlift is a pointless exercises unless you're training to deadlift, and lets be honest, injuring yourself at 4pl8 is pretty good indication that you should drop this exercises, be it becoes of a prir injury or not

Ask for a double mesh next time

>Next time
I'm trying to avoid next time.

I'm gonna sound like a dick but I'm not gonna take advice from Oberst. Yeah I'll stop lifting heavy because of my previous injuries but his general advice about avoiding Deadlift is idiotic. He never did deadlift before WSM and tried to rush his numbers up a few months before the competition. No shit he hurt himself. He's biased because of his ignorance.

but deadlift for hypertrophy is pointless, you can divide the whole exercise into specific movements and get better results without deadlifting ever

I unironically love deadlifting though

>got some courage to do deadlifts again
>do one rep of warm up
>back instantly locks up
>cant move for the next 3 days

Attached: 1470940884110.jpg (983x752, 98K)

clearly you're doing something wrong, deadlift is glutes hamstrings and erector spinae, you feel it in lower back your form is fucked up

what? I always thought you were supposed to feel some DOMs when deadlifting but never pain.

doms yes, in your ass and hamstrings, but not in your lower back

DOMS only happens when a muscle goes through an eccentric portion of a lift or in other words, when it extends under load. If you just did the upward part of a squat you'd never get leg doms. Thus if you have lower back doms from deadlifts that means your lower back is bending a bit under load instead of staying stiff as it should

This. Idk how so much summerfagging is lurking around to tell you not to deadlift, but 14 posts and 7 posters should've given you a hint. Try working on your lever angles

Weird. I'm not the back seizing guy but I know for a fact that my lower back never goes into flexion but I still feel soreness in my lower back.

you probably lack leg and hip drive and do one of those good morning hybrid movements cause your quads are too weak

I just looked up good mornings and that's definitely my problem. Gonna deload and try to work on form. Thanks

Use the leg press que, shaw and hall and many more have lots of videos about it

>injured deadlifting after a hernia
Natural selection

It can happen from as small a movement as the slight relaxation at the top of the lift and then re-tightening coming back down

I do the leg press que (thanks to barbell logic) and I think that might be part of my problem. I guess you're supposed to start the movement as a leg press and then hip drive. I think I've been driving with my legs all the way to full leg extension and then pull my hips in. Which looks similar to the good morning exercise.

if you lift for longevity, heavy deadlifts and squats are counterproductive for your long term strength because you will end up in snap city sooner or later
t. stronger than 99.9% of /plg/ - heavy squats/DL are useful if you compete, but not for overall athleticism. you're just egolifting at some point. Focus on OHP and weighted pullups for upper body compounds, keep your squat/DL at a comfortable level where you can do high reps with good form, and do some explosive stuff like swings/cleans on the side to build explosivity

Fuck off oberst

Attached: 20190711_115227.jpg (958x1326, 697K)

Yes, if you leg press to full extension and then do the hip thrust, that's not ideal. The hip should start to thrust when the bar gets above the knee or so (the bar should stay in contact with the shin and thigh the entire time)

Deadlifts is literally the only big4 exercise I havent ever had issues with so I guess it's subjective

>snap city from squats
Guess how I can tell you're a DYEL

that's what you get for not using the trap bar, your bad form fucked you up

so why even do them? why not just do a variation RDL seem better to me for that.

Didn't know a hex bar can cure my hernia

come back when you've lifted for strength 5+ years
snap city is part of strength sports, either take it or don't complain about it. Strength training isn't healthy

>snap city is part of strength sports
>implying it's not the safest sport in human history
Guess how I can tell you're a DYEL

when you start pulling your chest and hips should rise and the same time, keep that in mind, and once you get to about knee hight bring your hips forward enaging glutes, a lot of folk have really aek glutes so do those hip thrusts and glute ham raises

suggest a routine? im not trying to compete in PL. Im not 16 anymore.

what a load of broshit dude, deadlifts need strong lats for stability and strong upper back, you can strengthen upper back by doing rows, pullups are good but you can divide those if you cant do them, do rows, pendlay for explosivness and yate rows for upper back, quads play important role too, so hit leg press or hack squats

this post smells of inexperience

Be more careful and go see a doctor bro, congrats on 3pl8 though, I only hit 5pl8 after years of lifting because I took things slow, but I’m pain and injury free now so it was totally worth it

you need to be extremely careful and conservative with DL programming in order to perform properly over 10+ years, i.e. a long career in strongman etc.
If you limit conventional diddlies to about 10% of your pulling volume through a month while not going above say RPE8 in training you can still do em if you want
follow basic programming, focus on compounds, but don't go heavy too often on these two (squats if lowbar, if highbar i guess you can keep the intensity high enough, but watch out for the knees, do preemptive wrapping etc. and proper warmups). High intensity deadlift work is a gamble, you can do everything perfect and it may still happen after the 100th time

>doing heavy deadlifts after hernia surgery for approval from autists on Jow Forums

I don't do it for fit. I also only dealift once a week. Lastly

>3pl8
>heavy

If I don't ever want to get into PL would it be okay to just do Front Squats instead of Back Squats and Romanian deadlifts instead of conventional? Maybe a routine like Fierce 5?

Why wouldn't you ask the pl general

I'll take the bait. You know they would just say
do SS/SL/Greyskull fgt

Hello my brazilian friend

Why do you assume I'm brazilian

Because you're a faggot

Would it be okay to up deadlift volume and
lower intensity?
Like 3x6-8 of low weight deads?

>he thinks he will stay in the mid 200s
Got bad news for you user.

Opposite for me, it's the only one that's ever given me issues, but I'm a long armed lanklet

>did heavy surgery
>does deadlift

Boy you're retarded

deadlift is one of the best exercises and easiest movement to add weight to in order to overload your CNS for neuro-adaptation.

>lifting for aesthetics
LÖL

This guy is incorrect, for beginning with very weak lower back DOMS there is normal. This does not apply for advanced lifters

You’ll still get back doms because youre still using your back even with 0 flexion

Faggot

>Hitting 3pl8 DL very soon
>1pl8 OHP still seems like it's impossible
AAAAAAAAaaaAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAAA

I'm the same lol. My DL is 305 regular and 330 sumo. My OHP is like 110. But I'll get to one plate before 2020 at least ...

deadlift works all the same muscles as a squat minus forearms and lats/back engagement. You could just do squats instead and add some accessory back work.

How long do I stay in snap city? Had lower back pain now 2 months... Still hitting the gym and I make some progress, just not going heavy on deadlifts at all

Deadlifting is how you avoid snap city

>like fatman Oberst said, pointless exercises unless you're training to deadlift,

Someone post the imagine, you know the one

Image*

Based and emotionally secure

That's not what the teachings of Zyzz say!

Attached: 1560117638151.jpg (480x360, 73K)

i get back doms from deadlifts
i deadlift 190kg and have never had an injury from deadlifting

everyone deadlifts differently, as long as decent form is used and you aren't too ambitious with progression deadlifts are perfectly safe

Do some accesory for working the glutes.
Warm up and let your body recover for heavy sessions.

Someone already did autismo. Read the thread

No they didn't, I'm not talking about the faceapp shit.

This is very true. If i get soreness in my back from deads, its in my upper lats. Never my low back. The second i feel pressure in the low back i drop it