Want to be 190lbs

>Want to be 190lbs
>1.6g protein/lb of bodyweight is a target of 304g per day
>Breakfast shake, post workout shake, and bedtime shake only give 171g
>Plus lunch and dinner only put me at 260g
>Already at caloric limit and 40g short

What the fuck do I do

Attached: 1436976806655.png (753x706, 869K)

you do not need that much protein

Really? I always see 1.6g/lb of body weight for power lifting as the recommendation

.8g-1.2g/kg of total bodyweight is prolly enough

>What the fuck do I do
Oh gee, I dunno, maybe EAT MORE YAH FOOKIN BRAINLET
>counting calories in
ISHYDDT

I mean I bulked and got strong and all that jazz but it's time to change things up, being strongfat gets old

Yeah you really don’t need nearly that much. It’s something like .8g-1.2g protein per LEAN body mass.

If you’re interested I found a way to pack in 213g protein in 1,500kcals. I’m doing intermittent fasting and that’s my one meal.
>nb4 semen

Attached: E448E3D6-B84A-414B-9820-AAB1E516821E.png (310x251, 32K)

Yeah lay it on me, that sounds very efficient

umm its 1.6g per kilo, retard

First, 1.6g/lb is EXTREMELY high. The highest recommendations are usually 1g/lb, even that is likely more than is useful.
Second, if you can't break 90g in 2 meals you're not trying hard enough. Eat lean meat dude.

I have no problem eating volume, it's the keeping it in a reasonable caloric window is the problem. I was eating 1.5 lbs of beef for dinner alone a couple months ago

Why do people think that if they stuff their face with protein they'll magically get buffer? I swear some people her spend more time eating 300g of protein a day instead of actually lifting

Just eat more protein bro. You can look like Arnold natty, it just takes longer.

Yeah I'm interested tell me

literally 0.8g/kg of LEAN BODY MASS

Jfc you people take it way too far. Can't even begin to imagine what your farts smell like

Eat the protein and then do pushups until you pass out.

500g turkey (135g protein) + 1 cup protein waffle mix (28g protein) + 2 scoop protein shake (50g protein) = 213g protein/1,500kcal

Fills me up completely and I feel pretty energized for the remaining 20-22 hours of fasting following it. Waffle mix is the bomb cause it provides the needed carbs to properly process the protein with a surprisingly low amount of kcals.

Leaves me with at least 1,000kcal deficit at tdee. Coupled with working out 6 days a week and how fast I’ve been dropping lbs I must be at a 1,500-2,000 deficit without much adverse health effects.

Attached: 1DD22202-AC99-4A88-8C97-092DEC9A22DA.jpg (540x768, 56K)

Honestly 1.2g/lb would be a good goal but even then it wouldn’t do any real damage on the days you don’t make it.

good luck eating half a kilo of fucking turkey every day you moron

I eat a llb of ground turkey in one sitting...overdue on protein but at the same time protein is the best macro to eat at least for the 30% digestion burn
I’m exhausted can’t even talk straight

>per LEAN body mass.

1. Basically every study with normal people uses TOTAL body mass
2. If you're so fat this makes more than a rounding error you're fucked

Who cares we freaks

Are you retarded? I do that for dinner.

However, 1.6 g/kg/day should not be viewed as an ironclad or universal limit beyond which protein intake will be either wasted or used for physiological demands aside from muscle growth. A recent meta-analysis on protein supplementation involving resistance trainees reported an upper 95% confidence interval (CI) of 2.2 g/kg/day

[

Even fit individuals at 10% bf might be carrying 18lbs of fat on them, hardly a "rounding error"

When experiments are coming up with 2.2g/kg total bodyweight in 10-18% bf individuals and someone's what, 20% bodyfat? 25% bodyfat? Yeah that's basically a rounding error.

And if you want to pretend these recommendations have been based on lean body mass (they haven't) 2.2 g/kg is then 200.2 g vs 220g in a 100kg 10% bodyfat individual, trivial differences.

Eating one meal a day is terribly inefficient for muscle protein synthesis

Considering that high protein diets have not been shown to adversely affect kidney, bone, or metabolic health in athletes,(6) the bulking athlete (i.e., his/her primary goal is an increase in body weight and/or lean body mass) appears to be best served by consuming more than 2.2 g/k/d and perhaps as high as 3.4 g/kg/d. Whether consuming more than this provides additional benefit requires investigation.

Int J Exerc Sci. 2017; 10(8): 1275–1296.
The Effects of Overfeeding on Body Composition: The Role of Macronutrient Composition – A Narrative Review
ALEX LEAF1,† and JOSE ANTONIO2,‡

Attached: e61.png (680x788, 117K)

Yeah but my goal is to lose weight not gain muscle.
Yeah, that’s only like 4 patties. How small is your stomach?

You should be trying to retain muscle too dumbass

Okay sure. I get what you’re saying, you can only process like 30g protein specifically for muscle repair in a meal. But you’re also saying that it’s impossible to intermittent fast and retain muscle mass right?

anything by the lb or kg is meant to be LEAN BODY MASS so subtract your estimated bodyfat mass

>you can only process like 30g protein specifically for muscle repair in a meal
this fucking board