I'm so fucking tired of my dad trying to gains goblin me with his outdated ideas of weightlifting...

I'm so fucking tired of my dad trying to gains goblin me with his outdated ideas of weightlifting. I've been lifting for nearly a year now doing ss. I'm still in the novice gains phase and every time I hit a milestone and want to share it with him he just tears it down by trying to get me to do it the way he did. Every single time he spouts the exact same thing.
>muh bro split
>muh muscle size
>muh muscle confusion
>muh body type
And the worst part is that he takes my disagreement personal. He thinks that because I won't take his advice on weightlifting that I don't trust him on it.
How does Jow Forums deal with gains goblins?

Attached: 1547634584776.gif (480x340, 912K)

That is the trait of a narcissistic personality. There are plenty of videos on YouTube on how to recognize this behavior and for the person who is a victim, it will cause more harm than good. You will start thinking what is wrong with you, and before you know it, you will lose your confidence.

Just tell him that he had his chance in life, and you feel your life should be moving in a direction of your choice. His advice is appreciated but stress that the advice is just that - an advice. Not an order. It can be discarded if it is shitty. If he is still not supportive, stop sharing your achievements with him, until he learns that the world does not revolve around himself. If you can, consider moving out. It is hard to maintain a discipline, but much harder when people around you, are not supportive. Alternatively, you can use the anger to "boost" your lifting but this is only a short term solution. Unless you confront the source, the status quo is like a poison for both the mind and the body.

Jesus Christ. Thats some fine ass fucking advice right there. Thanks user.

Attached: yotsubacatspajamas.png (315x473, 98K)

also suck his dick

You’ve been doing SS for nearly a year and you’re still in your novice gains phase. I’m not saying you should follow your dad’s advice (at least hear him out tho) but whatever you’ve been doing up until now isn’t working either.

>be me
>living at home for the moment while I wait to start a job
>ride with my mom to do errands and junk cuz I need those good boy points
>pull up to gas station
>"do you want anything from the store, user?"
>"no thanks, I'm good"
>"are you sure?"
>"Yes. I'm good."
>"they have good cookies here"
>"No."
>comes back ten minutes later
>"I bought you an icee and some cookies"
>grab them
>get out of car
>throw them in the garbage

Every
Fucking
Time

I used to just suck it up and consume it but I'm tired of her bullshit. She constantly complains about being overweight, I tell her to just eat less, then she says that she just needs to go back to her Atkins diet, but doesn't even do that.

>nearly a year on ss
>still in the novice gains phase
>thinks he knows everything
Pretty typical Jow Forums poster.

Your moms just trying to be nice you ungrateful little shit.
Grow up.

Jesus Christ. Thats some fine ass fucking advice right there. Thanks user.

Attached: yotsubacatspajamas.png (315x470, 134K)

go fuck yourself

she's "just being nice" everytime she walks into a place that sells trash snacks. I love her and respect her but she's always doing shit no matter how many times I tell her no

BooHoo
Fucking baby.

By throwing the food you are forcing her to buy it again, thus continuing with the needless spending. She cannot snap out of this cycle on her own. You have to help her instead. Find some basic elementary exercises for elderly people and force her to do them with you. She has nobody else and therefore no motivation. She thinks she is caring but this is just hiding her childhood trauma and the sweets are just a form of "bribery" similar to when a person donates money in a church. It is a barter, something for something. You can find out what it is by simple communication, because most people like this tend to compensate for something they lacked when they used to grow up. But they all cover it up so you have to deal with braking down every layer of bulshit excuse she will come up before she gives up and tells you what it is.

So next time she tries to buy you cookies, just tell give her an option: She buys it and exercises with you, or you won't eat it. And if she doesn't exercise, just don't eat it and let it rot. They learn fast when you let the food rot.
Just don't give in and eat it because you perpetuate the cycle. They scan for food that is missing and buy it again. But if you leave it to rot, they will think twice before buying it, because they figure there is no point to buy food nobody eats.

move out then bitch

Imagine being this autistic. I bet you are fat fuck

back home after finishing school while hunting for a job and my parents are freaked out that i take THREE SCOOPS and a multi, and that I eat over 2000kcal/day. My mom keeps telling me I look good but not to encourage me, to get me to stop improving.

>doing SS for nearly a year

i think you should start listening to your old man

If you continue, they fear you may eat the whole fridge.

Why share it with him then bro?

>They learn fast when you let the food rot.

pretending that this shit can even rot within the next 5 years.

>son is trying to achieve goal
>mom is hindering him
>son resolves issue by simply throwing away the snacks
>you guys tell him to move out or cry
WTF is wrong with americans, every little issue and your advice is to leave your family
just store the snacks and I garuntee you your gains goblin mother would eat them up after a few hours minimum
instead of ruining your family relationship over snacks

You guys are dicks parents are humans just the same. Humans are faulty and being overweight is not good. Being there and loving someone means not letting their shit ruin their life. It means caring about them beyond that and not this shallow concept of parent love you have. Family means love and loving someone also means rough love.