/fitlit/

What books should Jow Forums read?

Attached: 7782FBFF-CAB7-41ED-92F3-4B5488E6EAA2.jpg (843x800, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

de.scribd.com/document/340654195/Sun-and-Steel-YUKIO-MISHIMA-pdf
sdkrashen.com/content/books/the_natural_approach.pdf),
youtube.com/watch?v=SydfoFLWmds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that picture just makes me think of people who laugh at climate change

which is ironic because the braindead alt-righter who made that picture definitely denies that climate change is a real issue

Gates of Fire

anything that is philosophy otherwise you are a pretentious pseud who reads book for the sole purpose of people seeing him read or to fulfill his fantasies and you should hang yourself

Attached: 51sIPBiMS7L._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (327x499, 28K)

Only acceptable answer
Now fuck off

Attached: starting strength.jpg (474x634, 68K)

>if you're obese just bulk lightly with 4000 kcal/day and you'll gain muscle and drop weight because SS will kickstart your metabolism
quality reading there champ

read the book instead of shitposting about it

t. didn't read the book

Evola.

the one that supports intelligence

only good answer

Attached: 51cQEdN9KuL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_[1].jpg (333x499, 28K)

i did actually, about 9 years ago

guess you guys didn't

4000+ years of philosophy and they still haven't got a fucking clue lmfao

>9 years ago
You obviously need to re-read it

I always keep this boi handy.

Attached: 20190814_013830.jpg (1836x3264, 679K)

Meditations
The Prince
Art of war
Sapiens, homo deus
How to win friends and influence people
Models
The bible

Goethe's Faust. It's about a weak ass nerd who finally leaves his house and gets laid, an inspiration to all of Jow Forums

I'd say Epictetus' Enchiridion is far better

Attached: 5982E88F-BD2C-4EEB-84F4-7954BE9D1AB8.jpg (1000x2000, 280K)

good recommendations but don't read Harari, he is a overrated jew faggot fraud tbqhwyfam

You definition believe that being a cuck is fine because your a lefty.

Tbh the real issue with climate change is its none whites don't GH give a fuck about the environment and there are billions of them

>t. A clearly unpretentious user.

I recommend the works of Abdul Alhazred

Sokrates and Schopenhauer are the only philosophies you will need in this life. All other books are just fucking kids books.

>The Bible
>Summa Theologiae
>Summa Contra Gentiles
>basic historical works
>Dante's Inferno
>Incerto
>basic scientific works
Plan on reading and rereading at least one book a week, the list I used doesn't have to be what you read it's just the things I either have already read or plan on reading soon

A little life

Take the dao pill

Attached: Zhang_Lu-Laozi_Riding_an_Ox(2).jpg (926x1688, 759K)

Yes, I'm sure both summa are into your "to read soon" list

Sun and Steel.
Don't buy it, it's right here: de.scribd.com/document/340654195/Sun-and-Steel-YUKIO-MISHIMA-pdf

What makes you so questionable as to what I plan on reading in the future?

You people are so unhinged and incorrect about what your enemies believe

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Atlas Shrugged

Wtf

Waste of time

>He's to the right of Bernie Sanders
>He must think the sky is red because I see the sky as blue!

Attached: furrywedding.png (1250x1825, 1.07M)

Possibly the only philosophy that still resonates within me till this day.

On War, Clausewitz
The Iliad, trans Richard Lattirmore
The Odyssey, trans Lattimore
The Campaigns of Alexander, Arrian - Get the Landmark version
Anabasis, Xenophon. Loeb.

Plato's Symposium is the true Jow Forums work of philosophy.

I'd reccomend Stoner by John Williams, probably one pf the more underrated american classics

People are reading The Culture of Critique

meditations is a boring ass read
enchiridion is better

the way of men
becoming a barbarian
a more complete beast

-jack donovan

Attached: IMG_1470.jpg (1200x798, 425K)

Layne Norton's contest prep guide so you niggas can actually learn how the human body and nutrition works.

Ive read the grimorium verum its pretty neat if youre into that sorta thing. It might have made my house a little haunted though

Blood Meridian

Attached: images-32.jpg (479x640, 31K)

its actually an amazing read, I love his prose style
reading the road by mccarthy now then I have the border trilogy to read, absolutely amazing author

This is the basic bitch answer of self help books.
It's not even that good.

It kind of lost me a couple times due to nothing but descriptions of the environment and the characters bland simple acts, but after a while I realised that riding through the endless flat American deserts would be like that.

Hunter by Andrew MacDonald

Siege by James N. Mason

BWWM Club 4 (Swirl Love) by many

Start with this.

Move on to Lovecraft and Moorecock.

Attached: CROM.jpg (334x500, 65K)

Is this the homosexual agenda?

you got any ghost stories

hehe cock

The Culture of Critique

Real men are woke to the JQ

Ahnenerbe / Occult Books? Jesus Christ,the Bhagavad Gita is "occult" ? It's one of the most important works of Hinduism, there is nothing occult about that
That list was probably compiled by an 56% face whose european ancestors left Europe because they were too afraid to stay there

Based Elric of Melniboné, roided up albino

My mom gave me a.vopy but it's still on my shelf. Should I read it?

it's hilarious you don't see the irony in your post

border trilogy is his best work in my opinion
yes, legitimately one of the best american authors

Leviathan by Thomas Hobbes

I try to spend 80% of my time reading in French or German to up my language skills now. Then 20% of the time I read ultra-pulpy sci-fi in English to give my brain a break. For the last year I've been really into Barrington J Bayley. Bayley is the epitome of escapism. Reading Bayley is the furthest you can get from the realm of the real. nothing, but pure, technicolor, sleazy sci-fi clown dystopian, full of sexy babes and, for some reason, magical tarot cards. Everyone should read The Pillars of Eternity. It's good shit

Attached: 21634.jpg (305x500, 50K)

Bruh, tackling the German ghost book outside of an academic environment is inviting a bad reading and lack of understanding that won't help most people at all.

Reading stuff other than philosophy, or nonfiction in general, is still a waste of time.

>reading fiction is a waste of time
TM retard who probably can't even speak his own mother tongue properly.

at what point in your language learning process did you feel comfortable reading a full book. i took french for many years in the canadian education curriculum but have forgotten most of it

>Dante's Inferno

Not him but depends mostly on the book. Read Camus, especially L'Étranger. Easy sentences and overall structure. It's actually a recommended book for "beginners"

Attached: md18137449118.jpg (300x452, 22K)

Haha. I'm in the exact same boat as you and, what's worse, I'm from fucking Montreal. I've never really gotten totally comfortable with literary French, and for years I just thought I was retarded, but what happened was that I fell in love with a German girl and started studying German really intensively. I found it so liberating and enjoyable after years of forced French studying and getting mocked by Québécoises sloots and actually made progress quite quickly. Now I travel to Germany for work and make friends there, which has given me massive career gains. The whole experience taught me a lot of important lessons about language learning in general, which I have finally started to apply to my old French studies, so now I learn much more efficiently. One of the big ones was reading Stephen Krashen's "The Natural Approach" (sdkrashen.com/content/books/the_natural_approach.pdf), which taught me that I had been going about learning language all wrong, due to so many years of horribly misguided language education in English schools in Quebec. Now I am doing better with French, but I still enjoy studying German 100x more, so I sometimes have to force myself.

Also, search "Dover dual language" on Amazon. Dual language readers are key. They allow you to read in the target significantly above your level, which lets you drop "comprehensible input" directly into your subby, thereby allowing you to acquire the language by formation of subconscious interconnected networks of semantic association. It also teaches you to build sentences correctly, since you're translating sentence-for-sentence instead of word-for-word, as you would by reading in the target language with a dual language dictionary/kindle dictionary on hand. You should eventually level up to reading entirely in the target language, though, but not before you've made it through a few Dover dual language classics.

Just chiming in to say this guy was correct, that's exactly my belief structure.
Suck it faggot.

Go to Colorado, swant

summa is 3k pages of advanced metaphysics and theology

got it in july and am barely 50 pages in

Unexpectedly based for Jow Forums

Attached: buenogif.gif (250x188, 535K)

Jewelry and dogshit tats... no thanks

Honestly if the clown took off his wig to show he was dead serious I would laugh my ass off and die in the fire.

audiobook

Lolita

Lol faggot bootlicker. You're probably from a peasant family.

Read the audiobook instead of the book? Why?

Fuck chinese people

I've been conditioned by my parents to read whole books within a day due to them always taking away vidya or tv whenever I got in trouble so it should't be too terrible

you gotta problem with Dante big man?

The Iliad. Has been an strange and inspiring source of fitness motivation at time. Diomedes is an absolute CHAD.

Sure I believe you completely

Homos can't hear you screeching at them if you're screeching from under water.

Seconding the Iliad and Chadomedes. Fun fact, Diomedes is a complete badass at the beginning of the book but then just disappears in the later parts. Scholars think that Diomedes was included from a separate source.

Attached: greeks1.png (1762x1308, 104K)

t. republican

Attached: 1920px-Spanish_Civil_War_-_Mass_grave_-_Estépar,_Burgos.jpg (1920x1298, 1.07M)

That feeling when I thought the chest tattoo said "honk"

Attached: 1556669384845.jpg (720x594, 57K)

I wrote a 10-page paper in a 400 level college class on Meditations. Good stuff.

>t. /his/

youtube.com/watch?v=SydfoFLWmds

Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!
It's a fun and inspiring.

Muscle Up by P.D. Mangan

>that picture just makes me think of people who laugh at climate change

Does it now? Is it because you're a faggot?

philosophy is for self-important pseuds. Either read poetry or fiction

>he thinks poetry doesn't come together with philosophy
>he believes that he gets the full experience of the non fiction book he is reading despite being oblivious of the many theories the author delved into and transformed to his own taste

Attached: hmmm_heidegger.jpg (400x400, 40K)

I don't

If climate change is real why are the only solutions given by the left "increase taxes" and "buy cars made by leftists" instead of "demand china stop polluting fucking everything"? That fact tells me all I need to know.