What was your original spark to get in shape? What keeps you pushing...

What was your original spark to get in shape? What keeps you pushing? I think what my spark was was to get in shape to play Football(American) in high school. I guess what keeps me going is hopes of a revolution in the back of my mind and I want to be as good as possible of a father for my future children.

Attached: 4B079814-5E61-4983-B3D8-0886B091E6DF.png (1920x1080, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/6243292/Meeting-pretty-women-makes-men-feel-good.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

if you've ever seen that one meme where the galaxy brain level is "lift for no reason", that's me

3 fiends of mine joined a commercial gym, I had nothing better to do and wnated to spend time with them. Then I realised that it pleases me to put more weight on the bar. Out of us 4 I am the only one who is still working out

Seeing my disgusting family wither away and pretend like they weren’t.
Realizing I had been doing the same thing.

The chronic intrusive thoughts that there's something wrong with me that i have to fix in order to be worthy of having people like me

Watching Vin Diesel in Pitch Black. Being muscular is as close to God as man can get. It blew my tiny mind how alpha Riddick was, lifting was a pathway into developing self worth.

Its so easy to get bogged down with hatred and memew, we shouldnt forget the first thrill of looking in the mirror and feeling proud of ourselves.

>Its so easy to get bogged down with hatred and memes

Damn touchscreens.

>bullied in elementary school
>"maybe if I get a six pack girls will like me"
Didn't work but during the years I worked out I got addicted to it so I can't stop anymore.

I was a fat kid, and always dreamed about not being fat. One day I weighed myself and my mom said "Well maybe you should lose some weight". It never even occurred to me before that I had that option, that it wasn't going to just happen, but I could make it happen.

They helped get my diet an exercise in order, and after I'd lost 60lbs some friends were talking about going to the gym, so I decided to make myself strong too.

Told my fat 13 year old self that I’d look into the same mirror one day shredded. 6 years later I made him proud

Seeing videos of Bill Kazmaier being a beast. Strongman in general desu. Made me lose 30 lbs and then put it back on with 20 lbs of it being lean mass. Started at 215 and returned to 215

Being desired
Later, to beat my father
Later, being feared and respected

I was a low-confidence underweight lanklet with next to no self esteem in highschool and I was my parents' last kid and I figured the very least I could do for them was to get stronger to properly help my father around the house. I started lifting and eating a lot in general and managed to put on some muscle, which helped me with my self esteem and I started to study harder and lift harder. During Uni I managed to pick up a solid part time job and I could finally afford to buy whey protein (it was quite expensive in the mid 2000s in eastern europe). I feel like starting lifting tipped me off in the right direction in life or atleast helped me with my self-confidence.

>The desire to learn martial arts.
>The desire to spend my daily energy.
>The desire to not be disgusted by myself when I look at a mirror.
>The desire to be healthy even unto death.
>The desire to mog all these out of shape, pot bellied, skinny fat filths that aimlessly walk around to an early grave.
>The desire to have women lust over me.
I've achieved all of these desires, all except
>The desire to be Batman

I started because I was bored and becoming stronger while killing the boredom sounded as a good plan. I keep going because it is routine and it makes me nervous if I don't lift.

I was otter mode in high school and college (probably because my mom put lots of effort and thought into giving us a pretty clean balanced diet, lots of homecooked meals plus I ran cross country) and girls pretty much threw themselves at me. I didn't do any exercise in or after college and pretty much turned dad bod over a few years. I guess every guy wants to be "big and strong". One day I looked at myself in the mirror and had a gut that hangs out and thought "fuck, if I was a qt I wouldn't really be all that attracted to myself" and decided I want to work out and put on some muscle.

To spend the energy that was being used to push me to suicide. It worked and my body began to change. in 24 years of my life the first time I could ACTUALLY create a clear mental image of how I want to be in the future.

To be honest, I don't know. The spark was lost long time ago when I look back at my life and realize how much I wasted it with wrong choices. Not being myself, always doing what I was told at the expense of my own happiness. So now it is just trying to assume responsibility and start over. My family was never supportive, I have no friends, lost need for social contact with the outside world. I used to smile a lot when I was a kid. Now I see no point in it. Or doing anything in that matter. But given the choice to kill myself or just continue existing, I always choose the second because the first one is too bothersome.

Plus whenever I see a well shaped body I am kind of reminded of the Greek statues. There is always something pleasant about that. So I guess it is either appreciation for beauty or aesthetics that moved me to get out of my "comfort zone".

Tbh the only reason I started going to the gym was because I moved to a new city and had no life and was immensely bored at home and I was starting to slide into a depression so I went to the gym to occupy my time. Haven't stopped since.

Based, Im the exact same with some of mixed in now.

I’d rowed for 3 years or so and it was the first time I took a sport seriously, and then when I quit the half season of rugby I was forced to do I had a lot of free time and wanted my upper body to catch up to my lower body so i got started with my home gym stuff when I was younger.
It eventually just became a way to fill in time and now I finally go to a normal gym I genuinely find it fun.
Even when it isn’t, it’s just an excuse for me to get away from everything and be alone, and I’ve loved working towards 1/2/3/4

Know that feel

Attached: 1519234286486_1.gif (656x368, 2.22M)

Immense self hatred, self loathing and a desire to suicide but not the balls to go through with it

so i decided might as well make me better so i can start liking myself. Didn't really work but at least i'm juicy now

Attached: 1501723982718.jpg (456x384, 22K)

>in a bar with two buddies
>see an unusually pretty girl, not a conventional beauty but one of those big eyed girls that radiate seductive, artistic femininity and mystery
>approach her after about one hour of thinking about what to say
>we talk a bit, I am visibly nervous but I make myself ask her out
>she said yes with enthusiasm, I am insanely happy
>think about her the whole next day, can't believe a girl hypnotized me like that, I am not an oneitis-having guy usually
>I get to the same bar at the evening, we agreed to have a date there
>wait for her
>call her after 30 mins, she is not responding
>realize she flaked, guess my game wasn't tight
>a week after, I see her group in the same bar
>she sees me and hides behind her friend, laughing like an idiot
>ok, you flaked on a nervous guy, that I can get, but you are disrespecting me now you cunt
>say nothing, turn around, have a few drinks and leave
>start lifting like a madman, my confidence was shaken
>six months pass by, I was blasting test the whole time and gained about 25lbs of muscle
>decide to go to that bar, see a cute blonde so I said to myself it can't happen twice
>talk to her, my test confidence completely dominates her, she invites me to her house
>groping her in elevator, she tells me we need to be quiet as she is not living alone
>as we are entering her condo I rip her dress with one hand and bend her over the counter
>she is resisting at first but lets go soon and takes my dick
>pound her into oblivion three feet away from the entrance doors, we suddenly hear a lock being unlocked
>door opened and a pair of beautiful, big black eyes is looking at me about to cum all over her bent over roommate
>it was the girl from six months ago, unbelievable
>test is clouding my judgement and the whole scene made me so horny I had to finish
>pull out my dick and blow my load all over the roommate while the big eyed girl is still watching in shock
>the whole adrenaline made me laugh like a retard

Post body roid monkey

Getting kicked out of the army for a ot test failure then becoming suicidally depressed during my first attempt to get into shape, then losing all my gains and starting again. I just want to have a platoon to belong to again lm so lost without the .mil telling me what to do and not having close friends

Wife left me in January then I got a dui in February after drinking myself into a coma every night. Reduced alcohol to socially and started working out 4-5 times a week while doing martial arts 2-3 times a week. Dropped almost 30 lbs and turned in a dyel with low bodyfat. I feel fantastic and can’t wait to get strong. Just fucked a new girl last weekend too and I’m still feeling like the man.

We’re all gonna make it.

blood for the blood god

Good work user. I have a couple friends who would unironically be so much better off if their wives left them.

This so much holy fuck. I feel like I'm not a man and that I have to so this in order to keep up. It also numbs a lot of emotional turmoil and I like when my body looks good in the mirror

Middle school

Attached: HeeroYuy.jpg (249x308, 13K)

While I’m still somewhat salty about it all I get why it all happened. I’m literally twice the person I was just six months ago.

Wife left me too four months ago and I still don't know what to do with my life.

>Being muscular is as close to God as man can
Not wrong

I had zero friends, zero hobbies, and walking home out of jail from my dui with no one to call was my lowest point. I picked back up things that made me happy. I restarted bjj and made friends there and had a renewed love for it. I started running and lifting along with eating healthy. I quit drinking for a while although I’ve been drinking socially on weekends when I go out with friends now. I bought new clothes that fit after losing that 30 lbs. I look good and feel good about myself. I have goals I want to obtain and I only want them for me. I say yes to anyone who suggests doing something new regardless of how well I know them or if I think I might not like it. Just trying to be social.

I went from my lowest low to being hopeful for the future. I don’t know what I want relationship wise but I’m happy with myself at least. People say fucking new people doesn’t help but I feel a lot better after that.

I want a cute azn wife, and I want to be someone she can be proud to have by her side

Attached: CPQBrLWUAAASuoP.jpg large.jpg (600x600, 51K)

I saw Free! Iwatobi swim club and I thought "hey those guys look gud and they swim I live in an island I can swim too" and then I started lifting too so here we are 4 years later

>it used to be three of us good friends lifting together every night, having a good time
>those days are gone
>now it’s just me, alone listening to music in my earbuds
>gym feels a lot bigger now

>that hairline

Attached: EC1AEB88-1AC7-44F6-9FBD-504C526C174A.jpg (412x400, 115K)

>definitely noticing the pedophile a lot now

Attached: 1565734247946.jpg (600x900, 43K)

Damn that hit hard

Attached: A3B158B1-3E3B-472C-9B2C-0673EF22BFC2.png (1102x967, 501K)

it's the angle and the hairstyle, lol.

liking adults isn't pedo. Also there's so many cute, tiny Asian women but you had to pick a cow. Gross.

Attached: 4567547547547.jpg (640x640, 47K)

I was in a retarded meeting with some supply chain fags when it clicked — if I got JACKED, I would just angrily flex in meetings like this to intimidate them so they would be less likely to schedule meetings like this. I’ve been hitting the gym 4-5 days a week for three months now.

Low self esteem makes me think I have to be better than the average person.

Smarter, richer, more fit.
I also hope those 3 can cover up the fact that I'm autistic.

> Psychologists found that just a five minute talk with an attractive women raised the levels of testosterone by 14 per cent

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/6243292/Meeting-pretty-women-makes-men-feel-good.html

How do I turn this into a pick up line?

Attached: viv4nota5rdl4uv7ikr4xmw6l372uulb_00.jpg (385x383, 27K)

if I dont work out my deformed spine will get worse. 5 11 in high school and I've lost an inch in the 15 years since. everyday is pain, but at least when I lift I get to feel sore along with the pain.

to fill the void

imagine writing this shit thinking it looks cool or believable, get the fuck out nigger.

I saw a picture of a Jow Forums guy with an attractive fat women and decided I wanted to be that guy.

>be incel for 26 years

Dumb reason at first. Thought my youthful metabolism had ended, and I had to eat like an adult from now on, or be fat. Turned into becoming a muscular hottie so I could not be a loser and finally have sex with the kind of girls I actually got horny for. Pic pretty much related.

Attached: thot_in_car.jpg (600x747, 49K)

That looks kinda unnatural and therefore GROSS

How the fuck do you fail pt test
Also the army doesn't kick you out after 1 failure

I was also the fat kid, got into gym, also got leaner. Being fat as a kid motivates you to stay thin till the end of your life.

If you're white and lift for any reason other than to be in your best possible form in the coming race war, you're a disgrace.

Yup in the fat kid outta my friend group went from 225lbs to 184 rn. Started in novmber but still got more to lose obviously but im close to my goals

Attached: Screenshot_20190417-032315_Instagram.jpg (427x437, 32K)

So you raped her lmao

Attached: Screenshot_20190103-131814_Instagram.jpg (1080x577, 60K)

Going three weeks without the wife showing any interest in me, mentally falling apart from being in a dead bedroom marriage.
Then a dude tells me I look like Patton Oswalt. Someone had said the same thing 5 years earlier. How could it not be true? Fucking brutal.
Yeah, at 41 y.o. even my dumb ass could put 2 & 2 together. I'm a fat pathetic schlub but was in total denial.

Currently lifting, BJJ & judo 4x a week, using a calorie counter app religiously. Already lost 9 pounds in 6 weeks, at 193 headed for 155. Goal is to make weight for first BJJ comp in February. Already been rolling for a year and a half, but getting lighter is making it much easier.

It's amazing what scathing unfiltered appraisal does for your resolve. At first it emotionally crushes you, but if you accept it, if you own it, it becomes your constant motivator and reminder. I will not die looking like pic related. We're all going to fucking make it.

Attached: ohgodno.jpg (2002x1500, 276K)

My father laughed at me when i couldnt do 5 pullups, and i started working out my upper body seriously , basketball boy body.

Physical pain feels better than emotional pain

Attached: 1555017667653.jpg (1920x1080, 162K)

>and then I woke up and started playing WoW with mountain dew and doritos

You still got the wife user?

last year from medical reasons dropped down to 6”2 161. could fit my fingers around my elbow, felt disgusted with myself.

Still with her. Trouble is she's on meds so her libido is a 1/10. I'm a 9/10, shagging everyday would be perfect for me. Of course I have to stay in shape and hold up my end of the bargain, looking like a fat fuck doesn't help, but sexual mismatch is something you have to watch for in a future partner. 15 years is a loooong fucking time to go without being with someone who's also into hour long multi-orgasm sessions like me.

Be selective with who you decide to commit to, and be careful of who you sleep with: you might fall in love.

Turned 30 and started getting random cramps and pains through my body. Looked in the mirror and noticed a gut forming. I said "nope" and have been working it off since. At first it was just to slim down but now that I see muscles forming and I'm able to do things I wasn't able to do before, and it's become fun.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-24-11-25-06.png (720x1280, 626K)