Tfw can only do the bar+a few lbs OHP

>tfw can only do the bar+a few lbs OHP
how long until I stop being a laughing stock

Attached: 1565631554712.jpg (1200x442, 72K)

1pl8

If anyone is laughing at you, they’re trash who have forgotten their origins. Everyone, barring rare genetic anomalies, starts where you are. Do not be ashamed. 6 months from now when you have a 1pl8 5x5, you’ll reflect on where you came from with an immense sense of pride.

>6 months from now when you have a 1pl8 5x5
progress on OHP is not that fast.

Ohp is hard, it's just like any other lifting you just gotta stick to it. Anyone "laughing" is a giant faggot. No one starts big.

Hey! Everyone starts somewhat. Keep doing the lift because OHP is such an important lift for overall strength

>how long until I stop being a laughing stock
never.

I was the same, form is huge. check out alan thrall's video and Mark Rippetoe's video on artofmanliness. They helped me

Eat more and progressively keep adding weight little by little.

>progress on OHP is not that fast.

How much of a GDE are you?

I've been stuck at around 65 lb OHP for weeks myself (bar plus 10lb on each side).

I'm wondering if I need more volume (4x8, 10x3, OHP on both A & B days etc) in order to move forward or just grit my teeth and keep on it with microplates and continue the 5x5?

Did SL and went from 65lb OHP to 1pl8 in a little over 3 months

How much is a few?

ive been stuck on 45kg for A FULL MONTH FUCK ME

Why is it that last week I could ohp 17.5 kgs ((39 lbs) on each side ofc) for 3x5 like it was nothing but these days I had to deload so I don't die in the first 3 reps? I'm not lacking food and didn't change anything in terms of my warmup

Its alright bruh i can do 95lbs ohp as my 1rm just keep grinding out the lower weights till its easy to build your muscle and your good. Rome wasnt built in a day

>tfw lifted wrong one day and twisted my wrist
>haven't been able to lift in the past 4 months
Could be worse fren.

>tfw can only do 2 reps of 1pl8 OHP

If you get stuck try doing dumbbell military presses

No one should be laughing at you, brother.
But to have an impressive OHP, you should be doing your body's weight.
The people itt are weak, dont listen to them.
>t. 165ohp 185bw

thank you so much, friends. Jow Forums truly is the most encouraging board there ever was

around 10lbs, from only the bar 2 weeks ago

DELET THIS

Attached: 1558834037815.jpg (867x685, 96K)

forgot to thank you too for advice

What are you aiming for exactly?
You can do seated OHP for strenght gains or standing OHP for muscle gains
I don't know about dumbbells, and the bar used for seated ohp is typically heavier than the ones you use for standing

And remember that everyone progresses at a different pace and that 70% of fit doesn't lift

Anyone worth their salt remembers where they started from. We are all gonna make it my skelly friend.

OHP is a very difficult lift, probably the lowest weight a beginner will have. If you're on a linear progression regimen and see consistent gains, then you'll be up to 1pl8 in no time, but don't feel bad in the meantime.

I have a fucked up shoulder and can barely OHP 30lbs, and my hands have to be at different positions on the bar to raise it evenly and I still have one shoulder doing more work than the other

feelsbadman, might just stick to dumbbells

I believe in you OP. They won't be laughing for long.

How do I know if my bar is 15lb or 45lb ?

Does it feel like 15 or 45 lbs? That's quite a huge difference to not notice.

Just ask someone who works at the gym you go to.

i swear to fuck there is this one bar in my gym that is not 15 or 45 but inbetween.
like someone shaved off parts of it or something

Lmao I’m at 140lbs OHP for 5 and started in may

Haha I'm at 180lbs OHP for 5 and started in july

eat more

Haha I'm at 180lbs OHP for 5 and started in August

newfag here, what is OHP? Overhead press?

Yes

>Failed 52,5kg for five (5) reps today
I'm never getting out of this hell

Attached: 9tor4dhp5a031.jpg (1208x1117, 76K)

Haha I still never done a OHP and I did a 220lbs.

You never were, as you are doing the Holy Press.

>seated OHP for strength gains or standing OHP for muscle gains
>bar used for seated OHP is typically heavier than the ones you use for standing
>I don't know about dumbells
>70% of fit doesn't lift
>mfw

Attached: kys.png (645x729, 93K)

You’re already making progress, keep it up. Who gives a fuck what anyone else thinks.

45lb bar should be clearly longer