/Spartan/ Training

So when Spartans trained would there be any referee. If all this time and effort is put into creating an superior soldier / fighter community brutality become non productive ? You can't have 100% of your soldiers ready for combat if they are all wearing arm splints and mouth wraps. There would have had to been some sense and order to training.
Who here History Expert ?

Attached: SpartanButtHole.jpg (1104x642, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1_XwOvBZ35I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tried doing a Spartan race a few years back, six months after breaking three vertebrae in my lower back
>had stopped exercising during my recovery and gained a lot of weight, two lbs away from being considered obese
>go over the first obstacle, literally just a small stack of hay
>land on my back and feel pain shooting up and down my back, cannot continue whatsoever
>had to get carried off the course
I can never go back there

Attached: 9DFCE4A2-F407-4397-96EC-5EA61DBB7E9B.png (1300x1300, 143K)

Sciatica fag here the only thing that helps me is stretching and Yoga then running. Another reason why I can't imagine there not being some type of referee control on training in these ancient times. What sense does it make to go into formation when everyone has a pinched nerve or bum knee

>Sciatica fag
>six months after breaking three vertebrae in my lower back
How did you get it?

Maybe you should take stories about things that happened 2500 years ago with a grain of salt.

try this routine

youtube.com/watch?v=1_XwOvBZ35I

Attached: thebans.png (1102x696, 640K)

Wasted much of my life as a Millwright and Pipe fitter in my younger years. Listen to Mike Rowe tell you not to go to college as you are pulling on a 48" pipe wrench while your joints and lower back are getting literally destroyed in your 20s

Attached: Sciatica.jpg (1024x768, 95K)

I was in a RV crash. Whole back was torn off when I was chilling in bed and I got thrown 20 ft into the woods haha

based

There was clearly some order to the training and while there might have been no referees per se there were very likely veterans or soldiers who were too old to fight monitoring the sparing. I seriously doubt soldiers trained like niggers fight, repeatedly delivering cripple blows on a beaten opponent until they decide they've had enough

Mike Rowe is assuming that you're not going to remain on the lowest rung of the trades ladder your whole life.

I really wish men would be compelled to take any form of grappling or striking arts. That way we could beat up immigrants more efficiently and we'd all be in shape.

Thanks, I was fear it was because of lifting

Combat training would often be with the compa y, a captain overseeing. New recruits could learn from the veterans etc.

>Assumption

Surely that wasn't because of a hard-drinking, hard-living lifestyle generally associated with many blue collar laborers, right?

they probably just weren't niggers and didn't spar to destroy the other guy.

Thank you for sharing this is very funny

>Scatica fag

Same here. I got it when I was 28. I'm 30 now and it's improved but if I put a bit too much strain on that area then it starts to flare up.

I laughed too much at your misfortune, user, thank you. I hope things are better now =^)

Yoga man it is your friend
For some reason running makes my Sciatica go away.