Power clean day Bros. You do incorporate at least one Olympic type lift in your program, right Jow Forums?

Power clean day Bros. You do incorporate at least one Olympic type lift in your program, right Jow Forums?

Attached: Power-Clean-STACK.jpg (654x354, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_drttm5r66A
instagram.com/p/B0mPihAhdnf/
myosynthesis.com/speed-power-explosiveness
t-nation.com/training/10-movements-for-explosive-power
youtube.com/watch?v=jJECepNeCJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=YcYRTDSrjbM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I exclusively jerk, no clean

>started doing cleans a few weeks ago
>absolutely fucking love them

why are cleans the ultimate exercise?

If you do then frequently enough, they can replace cardio. It really is one of the best exercises.

oly lifting is cheating and gay
I can however deadlift 4pl8 quick enough that the bar flies up to my belly button

SNAP CITY

no space in my gym, also no olympic bars or olympic plates

Tasty

Eh, the danger totally outweighs the benefits. If you are training for athleticism there isn't much evidence Olympic lifts have a lot of cross over. Plus, as far as body building goes, deadlift, squat, and OHP get those muscles pretty well and aren't really dangerous movements.

I really don't see the point of throwing two plates overhead if you can't strict press them on OHP at 80 kg

What kind of gay fucking gym do you go to?

Attached: DE94B32F-F12D-4DA9-8BA2-78E0D21E9481.jpg (312x312, 23K)

>power cleans
>overhead
Why do people talk about stuff they have no idea about?

south american.
in my city at least oly bars are very unusual

You can't power clean with regular bars? Just wear gym pants. It won't hurt you

The lack of rotating sleeves makes power cleans weird

My gym doesn’t have Olympic anything, but can I just use the regular barbell and plates if I don’t drop it?

Yes

I pretty much only do olympic lifting type workouts. I'm still kinda new but they are really fun and they have made some of my problem areas start to grow.

your retardation is showing get the fuck out pleb

I can fully imagine the type of person you are just by that 'eh' at the beginning of your comment

youtu.be/_drttm5r66A

oly lifts for non-competing trainees are utterly fucking useless. i cant even be arsed pointing out why to you idiots. suffice to say you'll get zero training effect from donig them.

Attached: Jgqmr.jpg (600x480, 108K)

>Power clean
>pic related is Snatch
>low weight, shoulders not covering bar
cringe

>pic related is Snatch
it's not a snatch, it looks like a high pull to me. my point in this comment still stnads /fit is full of utter neophytes and they just dont understand anything about lifting or physical culture in general.

I like muscle cleans and snatch press just for variety

>you're all idiots for doing this
>I'm not even going to explain why
Then why even post, dipshit? If you're not gonna back your shit up, keep it in your ass

My current program calls for hang clean, but I don't do it because I have no idea what I'm doing ;_;

instead I just OHP and do some upright rows after

did somebody snatch your DL 1RM?

>hang clean
*and press
my b

>I really don't see the point of throwing two plates overhead if you can't strict press them on OHP at 80 kg
Push presses and Jerks serve a different purpose in training than strict presses do.

>muscle cleans
these are far enough removed from the classic oly lifts not to suffer when done by non-oly lifters. also, mc's do have carryover, especially to rugby/grapppling type sports.

ok, let's work through this socratically. you begin by telling me why you do oly lifts and their derivatives, and what athletic component you think it is training.

>no point in lifting unless you compete in powerliftng or bodybuilding
>no point in kicking a ball if you don't play soccer
>no point in using computers if you don't work in IT

Attached: 1508989048634.jpg (221x250, 7K)

Not him, but Oly lifts themselves aren't optimal for anything but the sport. This is why athletes train the power and muscle variations

classic /fit. oly lifts are unique in having zero carryover in the the domains people think they should have. most other movements arent like oly lifts in that respect.

there's no way to differentiate between a snatch high pull and a snatch on that pic imo
although I agree with your second point, yet the level of confidence and involvement these absolute dyels have could have fooled me in the past.
like they're so adamant

You do realize that some people do this "working out" -thing for fun and enjoyment?

Attached: tumblr_pmc3d8WwC61wu1zhco1_250.gif (200x150, 1.47M)

nobody ever c&j'd my beltless, paused deadlift 1RM
feelsgood

They're fun to do.

They are good cardio.

They are an extra "pull from the floor" exercise

They do not increase your inherit power ability but they can help your power stay correlated with your general strength.

There's a reason prisons athletes do it and no, it's not just because it benefits football. It helps with explosiveness, which is subjective. I want it. You don't. Fuck you.

>being a fast twich fiberlet
I can't help it if my warmups look like empty bars

> The power clean cannot be done slowly; explosion is inherent in the movement. And since it involves a longer pull than the squat clean, it emphasizes the finish, where the maximum hip, knee, and ankle extension occurs, without the added complication of the front squat part of the movement. The reason that the clean is so critical to sports performance training is that it is a scalable way to keep power production current with increasing strength. There will be a weight that the athlete can use correctly for the clean, and that weight can be gradually increased along with the squat and deadlift, enabling athletes of any level of advancement to increase power production along with strength.

those who think that power cleans are useless must think that power is useless but strength is not.

Attached: bet.jpg (160x160, 4K)

>there's no way to differentiate between a snatch high pull and a snatch on that pic imo
i actually think you made the most pertinent observation when you mentioned her shoulder position. this is what made me rule out snatch in favour of high pull, but yeah it's not conclusive.

Professional*

power cleans/oly lifts don't train "explosiveness" or improve "power" output. this is why actual oly lifters spend most of their time front squatting and back squatting and pulling from pins.

>doesn't train explosiveness

Yes, all those professional athletes with their million dollar trainers and programs do cleans for shits and giggles. The shit Jow Forumssays lmao

s-sorry mark

oly lifts are max cope

Attached: 1544815501247.jpg (640x640, 13K)

lol, have you seen how 99% of college footballers do power cleans?

trainers who use oly lifts died out in the 2000's. they have zero carryover. if they do still incorporate them it's only as a tiny fraction of what they do, and near pointless for athletic development.

you can't become more explosive.
explosiveness is determined by how fast you can complete a max.
that barely ever changes.
your speed on a given weight does improve dramatically as said weight becomes less and less comparatively to your 1RM, but that doesn't mean you became more explosive.

based

Never said you can't do power cleans without proper barbells or plates. Just that it makes it awkward.

Used to lift at a place without oly barbells and now I do at a place which has them. The difference is huge.

>have you seen how 99% of college footballers do power cleans?
You mean their form? That it's bad? Or meaning that they don't do them? Because a lot of them do. Even in most training videos you see people doing them.

>source: my ass

I'll keep believing in the conventional wisdom until you COPES produce actual evidence of this

those bars have rotating sleeves though.

never noticed any difference between the proper barbells at my gym and the sleeveless, bent bar in my basement (if anything I liked the second one better)
although I only did power cleans for push presses and never went above 110kg, probably didn't have any technique either, I just deadlifted it really fast

instagram.com/p/B0mPihAhdnf/
Lol k

>college
>professional level
Come back when your learn to read

See

You probably are closer to muscle cleans than proper power cleans if that's the case.

Not dissing though, you have your experience and I have mine.

you have a set amount of type II muscle fibers
this percentage determines how explosive you are
it also never changes
you can't become more explosive

See

that's the whole point: anyone not doing oly lifts as their sport has no business doing them. it's amazing most of you here dont grasp this. either you're all sub-70 IQ or you're very new to lifting. possibly both.

you have a set amount of type II muscle fibers
this percentage determines how explosive you are
it also never changes
you can't become more explosive
prove me wrong protip you can't

So what you're saying is only athletes have any desire to build their explosiveness and Power? Are you really this stupid? Sure athletes probably get more out of building their power but there's nothing wrong with an individual who's not an athlete that wants to build power. It's subjective. So shut the hell up

I like power cleans I do em just cause I like em

See

>So what you're saying is only athletes have any desire to build their explosiveness and Power?
Fuck. I'll repeat about the 50th time:

OLY LIFTS DO NOT BUILD EXPLOSIVENESS OR POWER

go and read a fucking textbook you illiterate fucks

ok, you dumb fucks dont understand anything:

read this post emtitled "THE DIFFERENCE IN SPEED, POWER, AND EXPLOSIVENESS"

myosynthesis.com/speed-power-explosiveness

Lmao did you actually read the article you posted? He is arguing power can be trained. The whole "power vs explosiveness" is semantics, retard.

See

of course power can be trained you dumb cunt, but not wiith oly lifts.

the base of "power" is strength: as he says in the article "“a powerful athlete is always strong, but a strong athlete is not always powerful”

he then explains:

"You can see that explosiveness as defined by the RFD curve really has nothing to do with fast movement, although they can be closely related. A fast movement and a powerful movement will result from a high RFD, but a high RFD doesn’t always mean that a movement was fast or powerful."

explosiveness is trained with extremely light - sub 40% max - objects like medicine balls and kettlebell swings.

>not with oly lifts
Sure thing bucko

>conventional wisdom
it isnt conventional wisdom that olympic lifting develops power etc. not sure where you get that from.

the clean pull is a slow lift. how can something slow be powerful?

how dumb are you people really?

>explosiveness is trained with extremely light - sub 40% max - objects like medicine balls and kettlebell swings.

So power cleans lmao

People who do oly lifts are like steroid junkies or people who do calisthenics , they'll refuse any criticism and will just insult you while defending their little brain bubble

Who's refusing criticisms? I'm just asking for sources. I'm OP and I literally do ONE form of Olympic lift and that's power clean. Hell some would argue that doesn't even count.

t-nation.com/training/10-movements-for-explosive-power

>So power cleans lmao
no b/c you cant move the bar quick enough for it to qualify as being "explosive":

furthermore to that point:

"Phrased differently, we can say that explosiveness is the ability to produce maximum force in minimum time."

the clean isnt a "minimal time" movement, but a medicine ball throw clearly is.

You're all arguing about bullshit.

YES oly lifts measure explosiveness or "power". NO they do not increase your power explosiveness.

You increase your power clean by increasing your deadlift. The power clean is a measurement tool.

You *train* the deadlift. You *practice* the power clean.

>t-nation.com/training/10-movements-for-explosive-power
that article. like most things on t-nation, is half right and half wrong.

>don't move the bar quickly
>not a minimal time movement
You've either never done power cleans or have never done with more than 100 pounds. Good luck doing a power clean over 80 kg without pulling as hard and as fast as you can lmao.

Again, there's a reason professional athletes do it. They're not doing it to just be better at power cleans but believe what you want bro, kek

If this was the case then anyone who has never done power cleans would be able to power clean 65-80% their Deadlift relatively in their first few tries. Which is not the case.

Athletes also increase their power clean with little to no deadlifting and minimal squatting to that also proves you wrong.

Thanks, I'll take your word for it lmao

fuck, you must have no reading comprehension whatsoever. what's happened to the school system?

read up on "rate of force development (RFD)" the clean is a slow movement relative to other movements like KB swing, medicine thorws etc.

>olympic weightlifters
>training the strict press

Why do throwers, who need to generate a lot of power, train very similar to competitive weightlifters?

>You increase your power clean by increasing your deadlift
Rippetoe pls go. Why do olympic lifters pretty much never do deadlifts? The pull in a power clean is much different than a deadlift

>Why do throwers, who need to generate a lot of power, train very similar to competitive weightlifters?

the most powerful force geneated in any sport in the shot put throw, which weighs like 7kg or something, but they dont train like oly lifters. it's more like PL with sport specific drills like medicine ball throws thrown in.

youtube.com/watch?v=jJECepNeCJ0

youtube.com/watch?v=YcYRTDSrjbM

No, because you have to practice your technique. That takes more than "your first few tries".

The only way you're going to increase your clean is by increasing your DL/Front squat OR incorporating more efficient technique. Those are the only ways.

Oly lifts will make your traps and back swole.

shrugs and BTN press will, but are they really oly lifts?

>You increase your power clean by increasing your deadlift.
Lol. If that was true, oly lifters would all be deadlifting. When in reality, they never do deadlifts. You are an obnoxious and ignorant fat sack of american lard.

the point stands that if you're high pulling or snatching or even panda pulling, you shouldn't put your shoulders that far back on what looks like 60kg or less, it's genuinely shit form to use in a promotional photo

fuck, are you dumb. oly lifters do tonnes of DLing from pins and from deficit, often with a snatch (wide) grip.

They mostly do those as accessories to work on a weakness. Also snacth dl and clean dl != conventional dl

Gym just got oly bar, bumper plates and a pad to do cleans, jerks and snatches. Been playing around with powercleans and loving them. Keeping it under 1 plate while working on proper form and it's still wrecking my body.

I'm friends with a few NCAA D1 throwers, they do a lot of snatches and cleans and squats and pulls plus sport specific exercises. They don't do jerks though.

The "deadlifts" done in weightlifting programs aren't like a conventional deadlift or snatch grip deadlift. When they do deadlifts they do clean deadlifts or snatch deadlifts, which are done while moving through the same positions that they would for a snatch or clean, and are rarely done heavier than 120% of best snatch or clean

>i power clean like a highschool football player cause i don't know how to clean

kek

Again professional athletes never deadlift yet their power cleans are three to five hundred pounds. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about LOL

Sure thing, I train at an oly gym with international level lifters and nobody does deadlifts. They do clean pulls and snatch pulls, which are @105 - 120% of their max clean and jerk or snatch. There's very little transfer from the deadlift to the olympic lifts because of the hip/pulling positions. This is literally weightlifting knowledge 101.

And again, you have no idea what you're talking about if you honestly think the power clean is a slow pull. I don't even believe you know what a slow pull is

the world record for the highest clean and jerk right now is 263kg, which is about 580lbs, what are you on about retard

doing a shit power clean at 300lbs because you're an NFL athlete doesn't mean you'll be able to get to world record elite tier or even close, very often their technique is shit and asking for injury if you look at how they get taught to squat and clean

>NFL players don't hit the highest numbers
>therefore power cleans can't increase without Deadlift
Nice logic there retard or did you forget what we were arguing?