Ectomorph thread

I'm sick of having little arms. How bout you? I'm 6' tall and my dick is 7in long and 6.5in girth. I HAVE to beef up a little or I'm just going to waste my youth. Get your skinny asses in here. Previously skinny people also welcome.
>pic probably inaccurate just grabbed it off google
This is more of a discussion thread for ectomorphs/skinny people not a "help me" thread.

Attached: 2aae760c08d7b421bb6ef305b93d599d.png (803x1045, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/ajpendo.00232.2016
tdeecalculator.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=BIeN--7Nxkw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pull ups. lots and lots of pull ups. my arms have never been bigger

Body types (ectomorphs and whatever) are not real.

>tfw 6 ft talk but 6.3 inchx5 Dickl
So fucking stupid

Attached: 6929A0A2-448D-4B7B-81B0-6C8907A7865E.jpg (355x258, 12K)

Yeah? How come when I sit around all day and do nothing I get smaller, but everyone else gets fatter?
I fucking love pull ups but I can't rig a bar in my current apartment
7 length and 6.5 girth is small? Okey dokey buckaroo, I've never gotten a single complaint in my life

>7 length and 6.5 girth is small? Okey dokey buckaroo, I've never gotten a single complaint in my life

Attached: C9CB7F76-1E65-4B04-842D-148D36FD350A.jpg (736x550, 135K)

Actually now that I'm rereading what you posted I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say. You're saying you have a small dick? You have 5 6inch dicks? You have to post pics if you have 5 dicks dude that's just the rules.

>If I sit around all day why do I get smaller?

Probably because you aren't eating anything retard

? Can I help you?

I eat a lot actually. You too, what's up? Are you okay? Can I help you? Can you understand what I've typed here? Hello. It's ok I will not hurt you.

Pullups are the shit man, and once you progress to muscleups you look like a boss to everyone who cant do them

is there a park around you can do pull ups on? I'm talking serious volume with pull ups. I literally spend all day at my work doing sets of 8 pull ups throughout the day. my record is 264 pull ups in a single day. I dont weigh much so it isnt all that impressive desu, but when I started doing max volume I had a huge growth spurt in my arms and back.

I’m saying ya I have a small dick. Seems Everyone is packing thick 7+ inchers now a days

I'm so close to a muscle up, when I do pull up day I really try and get as high as I can and I actually activate my chest now. I'm sure if I kipped like a fish I could do one but I'm a form nazi now so I dont want to. so close though.

CICO or bust, whats your CI vs your CO. also, how do you know what other people eat? you don't. in fact, you don't even know what you eat yourself.

Somatotypes are bullshit. You are too skinny because you do eat too little or have poor programming. Yes genetics play a factor, but that's not why somatotypes were developed.
A psychologist in the 40's lumped people into categories by just looking at their bodies and writing down how they made him feel. Quit overcomplicating this, and start eating. Track your calories for a week, I guarantee that you aren't eating enough.

op seems schizophrenic the way he types, no getting through to him

Haven't even heard of muscleups haha
Do you realize there's no correct answer to your question? Even if I answer exact foods/portions that you want me to be doing youd proceed to say something is wrong. I'm not interested in you. I didn't ask you for anything yet here you are, talking at me.
>this is not a "help me" thread
Lol it's not complicated. Don't give unwarranted advice. Very very simple. Saves you time and energy too isn't that nice and considerate! :D it's just a discussion thread little buddy.

Chicken is the bomb, I fucking love chicken. Beef jerky too. And rice. There's so many good foods out there.

Trying to grow biceps and triceps as a skinnyfag is the worst feeling ever

The answer to my question is fairly simple. You make the necessary assumptions required about your daily caloric usage, then you look up the nutritional values of the food you consume and add these together. Then you take the total calories in and reduce the total calories out from this amount. Once you have done this, if you have a positive number, it means you are eating enough to gain weight. A negative number means you are not eating enough to gain weight, causing you to lose weight instead.

I feel like super Saiyan Cabba sometimes. I look weak as shit yet i can lift one of those thick blue wood pallets over my head

Who are you even talking to? No one asked you anything buddy

Looking at you OP I see you're right. But looking a couple replies down I see you whining about losing weight when you "do nothing". You said you wanted to bulk up so I asked you your CICO. I guess you already know what to do, so my help is unwarranted. Besides, I asked you something, not the other way around.

I'm not whining. I believe you are far more upset than me, about anything lol. It's just a general friendly discussion. I've always been skinny, it's who I am, even when I improve I know I'll still be thin, I'm cool with it famsalad.

And by the way, I am aware of this stuff. I know about it. If I come up with a question about diet while this thread, guess what user, you're my goto guy, but right now forreal I don't have any questions so y'know.. chill out :) are you also skinny? Wanna talk about it? What do you like about it? I like being able to fit through tight openings.

Bost boby
179 cm, 65 kg, now 67

Attached: IMG_20190708_002823.jpg (3120x4160, 2M)

I can't figure out what the fuck my shirt size is hahaha

Our forearms are the same size but I have little biceps lmao

do something other than curls. literally everything else is lacking.

Ok I've got one for you, when I do eat in excess I usually build up fat, but when I exercise like that it just burns off, no gains. What do you think about that? I've just been eating balanced proportions relative to the amount of activity/rest I'm getting and staying at a balance, seems to be working fine.

I work at a warehouse
>tfw I know exactly which ones you’re talking about
I’ve had one of those fuckers fall edge first on my foot while not wearing steel toed shoes. Not a pleasant experience.

I wish muscles like lats and pecs were as easy as biceps to activate...

fellow ectomorph here.
>6'4"
>used to weight 160lbs (73kg)
> currently 225 lbs/102kg (max was 231lbs/105) around 15-17%bf
> still look like dyel (skeleton arms, small chest) but people are impressed because of my overall size
> stats: 1,5/2/3/4 c&j: 2plates

i've never been consistent with my training: started CF when i was a skeleton, then went fulltime into sheiko routine and PL and reached bw of 90kg/200lbs. Then dropped strength training for amateur kickboxing, injured my hip and switched to boxing for a couple of years. Occasionaly did some BJJ and weights, reached 98kgs/216lbs. Then I sat on my ass for 1 and half or 2 years due to university and lack of motivation: I put on some fat and reached 105kg/231lbs. Thanks Jesus that putting on fat when being an ectomorph doesn't show that much. Now i'm back into lifting, mostly hypertrophy training to get some leangain.

My main problems have always been chest and arms: they shrink tremendously fast if I do not train.

What works for me is:

CHEST
> ditched BB flat bench for heavy DB flat bench press
> High cable low crossover for lower pec

ARMS:
> heavy narrow dips, pausing at the bottom (for lower pecs and triceps
> tricep cable pushdown
>incline bench, alternated DB hammer curls
> DB single-arm preacher curl
> chin ups

My routine

DAY A
> shoulder+chest warmup
> High Cable Low Crossover 3x10 (heavy)
> DB flat bench press 3x8 (heavy)
> narrow dips, pausing at the bottom 3x8 (or 3x6 using weights between legs) (heavy)
> DB OHP 3x8 (comfortable weight)
> tricep pushdown, cable 3x8-10

DAY B
> Deadlift: warmup (2x10) + 3-4x6 (very heavy)
> T-Bar rows 3x8 (heavy!!)
> J rope pulldowns 3x8
> Chinups or lat machine 3x8
> Alternated hammer curls (inclined bench) 3x8
> single-arm DB preacher curls 3x8
> optional: single arm DB bent over row 3x8

No, I dont do Leg Day because I used to squat so much that I had huge quads and now i'm trying to reduce them. However, i do some explosiveness/HIIT training mostly involving kettlebells.

6'4" here, and faggots like you would describe me as an 'ectomorph'.

i'm here to tell you that shit isn't real and you need to stop being a fucking faggot and count your calories and eat more goddamn this board i fucking swear to god

That's an assumption. You know what they say about those?

See

That image is retarded. The closest thing to a scientific determination of when to eat is probably glycogen levels, ie eat when those are low and fast when those are high. There's barely any research that this varies much from "body type" and whether that's even a valid way of basing your eating habits other than fat people eat less and skinny people eat more.

This is the closest thing I can find to scientific research on differences in metabolism based on lifestyle that could be affected by when you eat. How you would determine the best time an "ectomorph" should eat, who the fuck knows.
physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/ajpendo.00232.2016

This is advice was created so dumb housewives don't feel guilty when they buy junk food every week.

Thank you

Attached: 1537887063314.jpg (494x330, 140K)

DIET

When dieting, an ectomorph has to care about only two things: CALORIES and PROTEINS.

On one hand we are cursed because for us it takes a lot of time to pack on mass (and we always look like dyel), but on the other hand putting on fat doesnt worry us beacuse we always look quite lean.

So GO DIRTY!

Calculate your TDEE, add minimum +500 calories, eat AT LEAST 1.2 grams of proteins per kilogram of your bodyweight and indulge on those complex carbs (I always suggest to avoid gluten-rich carbs). If it fit your macros you can eat at fast food, but then you have to watch out for your sugar and sodium intake (and your overall health!)

Do 6 meals per day: breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, pre-bed snack.
Never go to bed on an empty stomach, never skip drinking you protein shake after workout, never drink alcohol on a training day.

It's even simpler than that. Unless you're a vegan, it's pretty hard to not meet your minimum protein requirements. There's no way to do this wrong besides not eating enough of anything.

"ectomorph" has nothing to do with fast metabolism or things like that. It has to do with proportions: putting on 25 pounds of weight when you are 5'7" and 6'4" makes a HUGE difference visually speaking. Also, different strain on you muscles and bones, different ROM, different stimulus to you nervous system (and different responses)

They are once you stop being fucking shit at lifting weights. Go do lat pulldowns with a suicide grip. Thats how I learned how to use my lats.

Meh, I wouldnt be that confident... people can stupid in a lot of ways

Get some seated hobbies, what fatso's and normal weight people don't experience is the higher set limit, generally the lighter you are the more mobile and more calories out all else equal.

Where do you buy human kibble with those nutes? Food is expensive man and I don't have a wife to cook all my shit either. I go to local health food places (good Cuban joint here) and get large portions and split those into multiple meals. I have no fucking clue how many molecules of what are in it but it seems healthy enough. Meat, wheat and veggies, should be fine.

>tfw thinking about how much money I'd lose if I actually ate 3 meals a day instead of snacks

Attached: That+last+sentence+always+gets+me+_88e3b6dcc3789ba86690ce1cbc492383.jpg (348x321, 24K)

If you are tight on money, all you need is:
- Brown/white rice
- chicken breast or minced beef meat
- pulses, legumes (buy them dried raw and cook them by yourself, they are super cheap)
- veggies (to get them for cheap buy season vegetables)
- greek yogurt (or equivalent)
- dark chocolate as a treat
- explore the wonderful world of herbs and spices

If you do not have time to cook, buy a multi level steam cooker (40$). It cooks a whole meal in less than 20 minutes by itself.

For kcals just look up on google and learn to associate them with something easy to measure. example: weight one handful of rice , and you know that your hand can hold X calories of rice. You breakfast cup full of minced meat has X calories and proteins. (Usually all these infos are written in the back of the package.)

If you want to pack on mass, you need to roughly know how many calories are in the food that you eat. Your body consumes everyday X calories ( tdeecalculator.net/ ) and you need to ingest more in order to grow bigger

I need help too. Bulked from 6’ 145 to 190. My arms went from 10.5” to 14” but they are lagging compared to stuff like my legs and chest. I did the compounds meme for a year and a half which is why my arms are lagging. Learn from my mistake brothers

You know you can just give out advices without insulting someone for, uh, not training really hard? It kind of makes you look insecure.
With that said, I do lat pulldowns, used to use the wide grip but felt it mostly in my deltoids, now I do the the grips that sorta mimick a chin up movement, feel better.
Other than that I do the exercise with dumbbells where you lift them with your arm parallel to your body. Feels ok, maybe I'll go up with weight

Try J Rope Pulls
youtube.com/watch?v=BIeN--7Nxkw

Sounds close enough to what I'm already doing. I also take a multivitamin, drink juice, and eat Greek yogurt as well. Pic related for the most part

Attached: IMG_20190814_141748311.jpg (3120x4160, 3.58M)

Mix heavy movements with isolation exercises. Squeeze at bottom/top of the movements.

> ditched BB flat bench for heavy DB flat bench press
> High cable low crossover for lower pec
> heavy narrow dips, pausing at the bottom (for lower pecs and triceps)
> tricep cable pushdown (both horizontal bar going heavy and single-arm rope)
>incline bench, alternated DB hammer curls
> DB single-arm preacher curl
> chin ups

Dude, ditch immediatly that pre-cooked rice and pre-fried tendies.
1) They are SUPER expensive. Buy raw chicken, frying oil and do tendies by yourself. Buy normal rice and cook it by yourself. Where I live i can buy 11 lbs of rice for 5 dollars.
2) Those things will provide you a dangerous and unhealthy level sodium intake.
3) they are full of unhealthy chemical shit

Cashews, milk and beef jerky are fine!

Ok but they cook in five minutes total so I'll take the risk

Sodium = salt , right? So if I have light salt everything I'll be fine, right? BTW literally everything is chemicals dude. Don't talk like that "it's got chemicals in it!" You know better.

These things whenever I want more than a snack but still don't want to cook

Attached: a8f2d442-c90d-4e51-920d-ea54d5bf2d55_2.0bcaeaeb0ff73f07b0a5ffcb866aa683.jpg (180x180, 12K)

6'3'' 148.8lbs
is 6 days a week too much?
i heard PPL has the best results

For the most part I actually just straight up don't like food. Eating is gross, animal meat is gross, veggies are weird, and it makes you shit. When I'm hungry ofc I don't think about that but I'm NOT hungry more. The idea that I can't choose my lunch based on what I want to eat just makes me dislike food even more. I don't see how you guys do it. Like can you eat a regular pizza if offered?
>Sorry bro Domino's doesn't fit my diet today. Can you accommodate me by going to Whole Foods? Thanks.

>Don't you hate it when you come home from work and your stupid bitch wife cooked something with too many calories?

lol that's the same thing that my father says to me (he is a chemistry professor at uni). I know that everything is chemicals, it's just a way make "user friendly" a very wide concept

Fair enough. I started getting into botany so now like I have to really know the difference between organic and straight synthetic down to the molecular origin and when I see people talking about like "the chemicals in cigarettes come from cat pee" I have a mini stroke looping the thoughts in my head.

For a beginner, yes it is too much

Go for a three day split, PPL is perfectly fine. Take time to learn the right technique for benching, squatting and deadlifting. Regarding this, don't be afraid to ask advice to the buff guy in your gym.

I suggest to find a PPL that implements both strength (3x6 or 5x5 for main lifts) and hypertrophy movements (3x8-10 or 4x12 for accessory lifts) in order to develop a solid basis.

Btfo

BSc in Agricultural Tech here.
Had to take a lot of chemistry and biology classes, I know what you mean brah

Once heard someone say
>I prefer smoking mid because it's more natural, you don't have all those chemicals
I wanted to scream. I wanted to scream SO loud.

This is true
You obv arent eating a lot or you would be gaining weight.

It has to do with perspective

I'm 6'4". I thought I was eating a lot when I went from 195 to 220.

Then I thought I was eating a lot when I went to 235

Then I thought I was maxing out my caloric intake when I hit 275

It wasn't until I hit 285 did my body fat ever go beyond 15%

At 275, i was under 10% bf

Now I almost exclusively powerlift and eat even more but can't break 300 without supping calories from sugary snacks and drinks.

tl;dr: lrn2eetn00b.mp4

Nonono. I do gain, but it's fat not muscle, so I choose to burn it off. I can start drinking beers, eat meals and keep up my snacks and I assure you I'll gain 5lb before the end of the week easy, but it's flab, it's weight I don't want, so I proceed to go back to consuming less, exercise more, the flab goes away and I'm back to having the physique of an erect penis with little arms.

I used to be 130lbs 6"2, now i am at 200lbs. Dont tell yourself that you cannot gain weight. Just fucking eat. Its not hard

do you have a pic of when you were 285? Just curious to see how I would look like with that weight

My main problem is that if I try to max out my caloric intake my guts go into full retard mode and i get IBS with the worst cramps i've ever experiences. My limit is 230lbs and cannot go higher otherwise i get really bad cramps.

100% true.
I am 6'4" and when I was weighting 160lbs I was the kind of guy "duh I eat all i want but i cannot put weight on".

Now i'm 230

>It wasn't until I hit 285 did my body fat ever go beyond 15%

Yeah not even close. You are over 25% unless you're frauding