Does it even make sense to try and do bodybuilding while doing MMA 3x a week

srs

Attached: We-love-MMA-3.jpg (1302x732, 830K)

Absolutely not

Bodybuilding no
Powerlifting yes

Yes.

Wanna have gains and be able to fight

this
also oly lifts

General strength training sure.
Just watch your lower back if you do this. Heavy squats and deads + pressure from grappling =easy snap city trip.

5/3/1 has a 2 day a week version that the creator of the program recommends you do if you are doing martial arts.

Strength training and powerlifting is way more stressful on the body then bodybuilding.

You can do both, you just have to start slow and increase the training slowly over a period of months and your body will adapt and you'll do fine. If you are young then its even easier.

I do weight training 4 times a week while doing bjj 3 times a week. I also run 2 miles of cardio with every weight training day. This shed off my fat and made me look lean but I’m dyel to fit standards. I don’t care too much since I’m just enjoying not being fat and having abs/veins popping everywhere.

I’ve been waiting for winter to bulk but even eating at maintenance has been tough. I’ve been finding myself losing a lb or two and have to shove food in me even when I’m not hungry. I would just go back to eating shit food like I use to but it makes me feel like such garbage now I can’t perform in bjj or pretty much any exercise when I scarf down pizza or whatever.

since when have you been doing this? and post body please.

It's not about stress, it's about what's beneficial. Strength is very important for grappling, and therefore MMA. Big muscles don't really help for anything.

I started bjj again in like February or so and adding weight training/cardio maybe four months ago. I’ll post a pic in a bit.

This. Plus, getting stronger will make you bigger. Doing MMA will make you lean. Big/strong plus lean = aesthetic

if you have been doing weight training for just 4 months, of course you are gonna be dyel. doesnt mean your routine cant work. you should post again in half a year.

Aesthetic physique is my goal btw. Not stereotypical roid head BB look

he asked if he could bodybuild and train mma at the same time you fucking retard

I was a little over 180 on the left pic. I was pushing 190 when I started in February I just don’t have a pic of me shirtless.
I’m 163 right now. 5’8

I do think it’s possible and I’m hoping to put on some muscle when winter comes.

Attached: 90589531-8756-46C1-953F-87A194B07748.jpg (4000x4000, 1.56M)

No, only inexperienced idiots do both

You don’t look bad at all breh

I guess this guy is right. You can do both, but strength training would be more beneficial for your martial arts.

Thanks, I appreciate it

no he's wrong

but i'll let you figure that out in the next 2-3 years of your life

I mean doing martial arts 3 times a week shouldn’t beat you down so bad you can’t do hypertrophy lifting 3-4 times a week

you're right

i was confusing OP with someone who wanted to compete in amateurs

if he just wants to do both as a hobby and get bigger he absolutely can do both