When you see someone doing an exercise wrong should you walk up and correct them or let them injure themselves?

When you see someone doing an exercise wrong should you walk up and correct them or let them injure themselves?

Attached: B256DA61-C503-4664-AAAE-10C39631E1DE.jpg (728x728, 63K)

I would mind my own business unless I was big and lean enough to have instant authority.

wtf is that hitler in argentina?

Correct them if you're nice about it and be mindful that people are very embarrassed in gyms oftentimes. That being said sometimes they might be doing something "wrong" when it's just a variation due to physical limitations. I squat with a half inch thick spacer behind each heel because of heel issues, so I look weird.

Leave them alone. Let the management worry about a patron being broken in half

If I know them, ask them what their reasoning for doing it that way is. Correct them if it's clearly bullshit, let them be if not.
Ignore otherwise.

Op here, it happens all the time but today there was a guy squatting lmao1pl8 in the high bar position but he was taking cues from low bar squat form (bending over, etc.). This caused him to be thrown way off balance and could only squat down to 6” above parallel before potentially falling over. He wasn’t intending to do a good morning, his body was all shaky and he looked like he was hurting after. Then he started doing weighted lunges behind me and grunting every rep.

I’m not an expert (squat 3 pl8 for reps) and I’m higher bodyfat so I thought to myself he probably wouldn’t even take my advice

I never correct someone when he's doing something wrong, gives me a head start

I would just leave them alone, it's not my responsibility to teach them proper form and I don't want potential bullshit of me trying to give them advice only to have their stupid ass hurt themselves and then blaming me for it.

Unless there making a fuck ton of noise, or damaging the equipment, or are risking immediat injury, or you know them, don't. Especially if its a girl.
I've been interrupted mid set by a guy because I was doing behind the neck press. Low weight, controlled, good form. My shoulders allow it. The fucker made me fail my set, I was pissed.

Imagine a fat cunt walking up to you and telling you that you shouldn't eat that.

I snicker to myself and just watch.

*they're. Fuck...

I don't correct them. I'm too shy to approach people.
But I've seen some other people trying to correct people. Usually it just ends by the person doing the lift even worse than before, probably just out of spite.
>zoomer doing bb rows with worm back
>buddy pt goes and gives him advice to correct
>next set zoomer is doing it with more weight, even worse worm back and now he keeps turning his head from far side to far side probably to see if people are mirin'

offcourse you should help your gyms comrades

Attached: 1559421135457.jpg (633x800, 531K)

People have gotten mad at me for helping them. One time I told a dude doing super heavy quarter squats that full range of motion is a bit more effective and he looked like he was going to cry.

I don't pay money per month to help other people

you'll never convince someone they are wrong on any topic, they need to figure that shit out on their own

Kinda this. I see a lot of people doing some weird shit which just looks kinda unsafe.
Then again, I sometimes do Nether Shrugs and Rackpull Destiny so I probably look like an idiot to them as well

Literally everyone uses the rowing machine wrong (unless they have actual experience in the sport) which can be a disaster for backs. It is the only thing I will bother to correct people on because I was a state champion rower in Florida and it just really fucking bothers me seeing the terrible form people use

Attached: decentform.png (544x890, 235K)

I looked up how to do it before I used it, I don't see many people use them and there are like 5 of them in a row, some guy got on one last night and then looked at his phone the entire time I was there

As a fitlet, I wouldn't mind strangers giving advice. Had two guys give me pointers about good facepull grips for proper rotation while I was sharing the machine with them.

it also gave me quad doms for like a week straight because I did HIIT on it and I never go ass to grass on squats, just parallel

For some reason it's very popular at the gyms I've been at, and I've seen maybe 15% know what they are doing

If they're actually going to hurt themselves, intervene. If they are just not doing the lift quite to hermanation standards, fuck off and better yourself

guessing people are just pulling the handle to their chest right off the bat then sliding backwards the whole way with it?

let them injure themselves, their problem for not looking up correct form. I only advise on what kind of machines are garbage or not, and am usually thanked for it.

Guy corrected my shitty squat execution while the Gym manager was just on his phone doing shit. Squat felt immediately easier and started adding weights.

Guy was really chill about it since he fucked up his body way back due to shitty execution. He even said some people get offended/embarrassed but i don't give a fuck about that, I just wanna do this shit right and bulk proper.

Just don't be an asshole or arrogant about it. Help a bro out.

unless they were doing pic related i wouldn't bother

Attached: 1558651933825.jpg (500x751, 78K)

Wtf I can't believe he did that

sure is hilarious seeing this pic 50 times a day

t. guy in the pic

MODS this is nsfw

Snigger

let them learn the hard way like I had to

isnt he just taking a break or is that the joke?

Someone told me that it looked like I was using too much weight for a db ohp and I realise now that he was right because my form was shit then.

Glad the guy said it to me because I dropped the weight and corrected all my shit afterwards.

he's about to break something alright