Abs

Does anyone actually train abs ? I heard abs are trained sufficiently enough through other exercises and that by over working abs they just become blocky

Attached: 0182D84B-2321-4C5F-8732-26AC27C0BA80.jpg (650x912, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/inside-the-muscles-best-ab-exercises
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>want bigger chest? train chest
>want bigger arms? train biceps/triceps
>want bigger back? train back
>want bigger abs?
>lmao dude just lose weight and do deadlifts
Why the fuck would you believe it's any different for abs?

You can strengthen your abs with other exercises, but if you want to grow them you should do some targetted work.

I do decline situps with a 5kg weight over my head, 6 x 20

I believe abs are three parts:
Heavy compounds like squats and deadlifts for functional strength

“Heavy” exercises like weighted hanged leg raises for strength in the 8-12 rep range

Body weight exercises like crunches in the high rep range (20-30) for muscular endurance

If you do all three and progressively overload the first two they should come through

every single day

>5 easy workouts at home
>5 core at gym

That’s too much. Abs need time to recover and you can’t be doing 50-70 sets of abs a week

dunno dude jeff said it was ok

Which Jeff?

I pray a rosary every night and do a plank while I do it, been seeing some great progress

Attached: 1548315980762.jpg (480x480, 47K)

Found a super easy and time saving way to work abs, forearms, and delts at same time while doing cardio.

Just hold dumbbells while walking at max decline.

You have to lean slightly back to counteract the decline. With added weight, your abs work to pull you upright.

I'm at 20lb per hand right now and after 20mins, I can definitely feel my abs working.
It's just a regular piece of cardio/warmup for lifts for me...

Attached: DBDeclineWalk.png (231x219, 9K)

Who is this fluid druid?

I think it's Rias Gremory. Also dubs checked.

I don't but I probably should though. Everyone can cut down to 10% bf but it's probably better to actually train them so they get bigger. Gonna start doing some weighted ab stuff from now on

But where do you find a decline? Do you just go to a hill with dumbbells and start your weird ass walk?

Treadmill

Obviously you go on a treadmill, put it on an incline, and then... uh, make it go backwards?

planks
bicycles
decline situps (still accept)

what are some other top tier ab exercises

>20 mins for a mediocre cardio and a mediocre abs workout
why? maybe use those 20 mins to actually work your muscles?

Cable crunch allows you to use a lot of resistance and do drop sets easily. However, you'll find yourself maxing out shitty machines pretty quickly. Good ones work well though.

Then hanging leg raises. Once they get easy do straight leg raises to inversion. Once that gets easy use a pike at the end.

Once you can do those, wind shield wipers and pull ups with legs fully extended at a right angle to your torso. Leg raises with ankle weights work too.

>Does anyone actually train abs ?
Yes
>I heard abs are trained sufficiently enough through other exercises and that by over working abs they just become blocky
Meme

Attached: Mikasa Situp.gif (500x281, 1008K)

fuck off namefag

I don't do any direct ab workouts, but I don't lots of compound lifts.

Can I do a couple sets of this every day?

Attached: 92ccd96af9da04d8768e453a4a7e0791.jpg (500x426, 25K)

Hey niggers what's the best way to held the dumbell doing weighted crunches, I just hold it over my chest

Because I'm a lard ass trying to cut bf% so consistently do ~40mins of cardio everytime i go to gym.

The decline walk is just 1 component of the routine as part of muscle rotation to prevent fatigue and milk as much endurance as I can out of muscles.

Full routine is something like.....

HIIT run/speed portion:
(Warmup) -5 min walk 4mph (5lb wrist weights)
!!!!!2min run max speed speed 12-10mph (weighted 3lb dbs)
!!!!!1min run max speed speed 12-10mph (no weights)
-5min walk 3mph (no weight)
!!!!1min 10 incline 10mph (*)
-3min walk (*)

HIIT walk/endurance portion:
!!!!3.5min 15 incline 3-4mph (*weighted 15lb DBs + 5lb wrist weights or 20lb dbs)
5min -3 incline 3-4mph (*)
3min walk 3-4mph 0 incline (*)
!!!3min max incline walk 3-4mph (*)
5min -3 incline walk 3-4mph (*)
3min walk 3-4mph 0 incline (*)
5min -3 incline walk 3-4mph (*)
Cooldown 5min walk 3mph 0 incline (no weights)

Attached: 20190810_192823_1_1.gif (368x656, 2.69M)

this one

Attached: Jeff-Cavaliere-06.jpg (750x464, 62K)

X over your chest.
Prevents cheating and using them as momentum

Ok

fuck off namefag
nice blog

>bulk up to 18% bf, only doing compounds, cut
>get down to probably 9-12%, see a little ab definition
its a meme, you must work out abs if you want them to be very visible.

and strong

you heard wrong

Based and facepull-pilled

I do rolls. Gone from kneeling ab roll to swiss ball rollout. Working on eventually doing standing ab roll.

cause deadlifts and squats do work your abs retard

Bracing correctly during squats/deadlifts will train the transverse abdominus and to a lesser extent the obliques. But it will not do shit for the rectus abdominus. The rectus abdominus is responsible for spinal flexion. At no point during a squat/deadlift are you flexing your spine, in fact you're actively resisting it the whole time and training the antagonist muscles, the spinal erectors. Saying that you will get a six-pack from squats is like saying you will get huge bicep peaks from bench pressing.

wrong analogy

the abs contract to keep your body erect

biceps do not contract to keep your arms erect

based rias poster, sad to see her fall apart like this

Attached: 1536602850791.png (1024x1106, 1.51M)

yup. t-nation.com/training/inside-the-muscles-best-ab-exercises
tldr best rectus abdominis workout is
Chin Up, Hanging Leg Raise, Ab Wheel

Ab circuits are your friend.

Ab roller is simple, highly effective and slots nicely at the end of your routine.

Attached: f0b8b9e9-c05b-44b5-be45-c0070c557d9b_1.d5a07fbacfec64ff520d42c9afa766a5.jpg (450x450, 23K)

Because you don't want "bigger abs". Abs don't miraculously explode out three inches from training. Abs show from low bodyfat. If you don't have abs it's because your bodyfat is too high. Besides Auchwitz people who have atrophied enormously, anyone who does crunches once a week will have perfectly fine and at a low bodyfat

Assuming you do even occasional ab work you'll have sufficient development

I hit cable crunchers and tire flips on my rest day