Why does the US have the highest incarceration rate of any developed nation? What is going on here? Also...

Why does the US have the highest incarceration rate of any developed nation? What is going on here? Also, has any of you ever been in jail?

Attached: 57085-istock-868384894.jpg (1100x619, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vox.com/2018/8/9/17670494/california-prison-labor-mendocino-carr-ferguson-wildfires
web.archive.org/web/20151201041001/http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-insourcing-of-prison-labor-seven-us-corporate-household-names-use-prison-labor-to-produce-their-goods/5492033
freedomforimmigrants.org/detention-statistics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Europe will catch up once they build more prisons -lol-

>Why does the US have the highest incarceration rate of any developed nation? What is going on here?
Free market prison system: the more prisoners, the more money the private prison gets. They also make cuts to safety, health, food, etc to save money
>Also, has any of you ever been in jail?
Yes but it was only for like a weekend, maybe 3 days.

Lots of minorities, and retarded hicks who do meth.
>le private prisons meme
They make up a small percentage of jails, and mostly hold low danger people. Many aren't even for actual US criminals, and are for holding illegals while they get processed. Furthermore, the growth of private prisons follows the increase of incarcerated people, not the other way around.

no. dont matter just more prisons, k

thirteendofifty.png

>Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
It's the modern day form of slavery.

vox.com/2018/8/9/17670494/california-prison-labor-mendocino-carr-ferguson-wildfires

What the fuck are you even trying to say?
come on.

If you eliminate brown and black crime/incarceration stats, the US is one of the safest places on Earth.

Attached: 350712B0-759E-4CCF-9B22-F1D92A22CEEB.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

Diversity and a general culture of believing in long jail sentences

The 14th Amendment was a mistake.

The fire stuff is voluntary though and your main perk is cutting your prison sentence. Unrelated to the 13th amendment, no?

i didnt even mention private prisons, you just took what i said and ran with it. i said Europe will catch up when they build more prisons, I wasnt talking about private prisons. Europe doesnt have enough prisons currently, they didnt need them until now.

We have lots of niggers and nigger governments in Africa cant afford prisons or police

Also yes, I have been in jail, but I was on the other side of the bars. I worked corrections for a few years.

>nor involuntary servitude
>more than 2,000 volunteer inmate firefighters,
>now voluntarily serve on the force.
>Some of the inmates say they appreciate the opportunity because they get better treatment and a sense of doing something good.
The article implies that maybe sometimes it isn't all that voluntary, and then goes on to say that the pay is shit anyway, but it doesn't actually give any real cases of slavery. It then quotes an inmate who wants to abolish prisons (wow) because of some nonsense. Try harder.

idk, if i go to jail though im gonna end up being someones bitch though

Attached: c166b267350c875bb5bd6216c0ee93ff.jpg (256x256, 11K)

My brother went to jail and prison.
Heroin makes more criminals.
This country is fucked.

1/5th of federal prisons are private and 1/10th of state jails are private.
That's not a small percentage, it's an influential percentage
>they only house immigrants and low danger people
This is a meme so that you keep shilling for your paid prisoner programs

is there a bussy prison gang?

Attached: 7C7B11A3-7C04-4579-B569-782BC284CF45.png (480x480, 188K)

web.archive.org/web/20151201041001/http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-insourcing-of-prison-labor-seven-us-corporate-household-names-use-prison-labor-to-produce-their-goods/5492033

It's slavery with extra steps.

Or are you one of those people who buy the argument that slaves weren't forced to work because they could choose to die instead?

>caring about criminals
there's LITERALLY nothing wrong with enslaving low IQ people.

no just regular prison where i would end up someones bussy

Attached: f683d220a2be7e4f5ba49b27e46b3b19.jpg (564x592, 42K)

>there's nothing wrong with slavery
Moral degenerate

So we'd have to enslave all girls, user

HURR DURRRRR IM MORALLY SUPERIOR

Attached: 1555303637086.jpg (268x284, 17K)

could make a prison bussy gang

Attached: 51B6283C-889A-49C2-9AFF-3C272FB0E1CB.jpg (480x480, 43K)

Yes, that's basically how we kept society together for almost all of human history. We just used elabourate social constructions to do it instead of flat out saying it's slavery.
Is it "morally degenerate" to admit the fact that many people are literally better off being entirely under the care and purview of their betters? Blacks in the US had a higher average quality of life as slaves than they do now.

I guess yeah but shanks would be the only thing we got to defend otherwise were fucked, literally

Attached: ed0a580bb276c23ecf783bc4199764ff.jpg (225x225, 12K)

>black had a better quality of life as slaves
Be glad we allow you to be free, degenerate. If we followed your degeneracy, you'd be enslaved by now.
Edgelord/10 troll harder n00blet

>>caring about criminals
>there's LITERALLY nothing wrong with enslaving low IQ people.
You don't understand the dynamics at play here. This economy depends on a certain number of people to do this labor for free, otherwise it would be unprofitable and wouldn't end up getting done.

The government therefore has an incentive to make punishments ever more harsh, to create ever more crimes, and to "punish" ever greater numbers of people. Suppose they made shitposting illegal - well I suppose they'd have lots of slaves - ahem, workers - from Jow Forums, wouldn't they?

It's wrong to get horny with this?

>it's an influential percentage
Yeah bro, they're the ones shilling for it. THat's precisely why their growth has followed the increase, and not the other way around. Interesting that you didn't even touch that.
>this is a meme so that you keep shilling for your paid prisoner programs
No, it's a fact.
>It's slavery with extra steps.
Oh yeah bro, because some african whose village got razed by some local warlord so he could sell all the people to Europeans who force the poor little negroe who did not ever go before a jury of his peers to be formally convicted of a crime to work or be beaten is the same as some methhead who robbed a convenience store, and then got offered a job. I bet you're one of those retards that thinks the death sentence or solitary confinement are inhumane.

We have niggers and the means to wrangle them pretty efficiently when they chimp out. If you took out black crime from our statistics, we'd be a utopia.

I understand this completely and counter with the fact that we're literally all already slaves to the debt cycle. The only difference between us and the prisoners is that we could theoretically break out if we tried. The government doesn't have to enslave us because it's actually MORE efficient to let us enslave ourselves.

It has lots of niggers and spics

>US prison system focuses on punitive justice rather than rehabilitative justice
>crime keeps going up
>build more punitive justice facilities
You know what they say about madness being repetition?
I didn't address your crime comment because it's retarded lol, as demonstrated above.
>it's a fact
Most jails are used for minor, non-violent offenses and have nothing to do with immigrants. Using immigrants is just a fun scapegoat for corporate shills

vs europe's muslims and africans. once europe builds more prisons it will rival Americs

>Most jails are used for minor, non-violent offenses
Yeah, but we're talking about prisons, retard.

American rap music glorifies crime

Sharia has death sentence for most crimes and Muslims take care of their own, we'll never see a rise in EU prisons.

Because US "culture" breeds criminality, especially among blacks.

>they make up a small percentage of jails
>we're talking about prisons, retard
Then you're saying 1/5th of American prisons are populated with exclusively immigrants and that's factually false. Fuck out of here brainlet

hey there muslim

I didn't even make any of the posts you were responding to. It is a FACT that most nonviolent offenders go to city/county jail and not prisons.

You can google prisons in muslim countries. They have even less prisons than northern Europe.

>US prison system focuses on punitive justice rather than rehabilitative justice
A lot of these people honestly can't be rehabilitated. It depends on exactly who and what, but a lot of them simply can't.
>and have nothing to do with immigrants. Using immigrants is just a fun scapegoat for corporate shills
freedomforimmigrants.org/detention-statistics
>more than 200 immigrant prisons and jails in the U.S.
>According to federal government data, over 60 percent of people are held in privately-run immigrant prisons.
This isn't a "corporate shill" either, this is a group that opposes this.

dont care about muslim countries. and europe needs more prisons.

The hip-hop trend acts as a sort of glorification of criminality that affects mostly lower class people and encourages criminal behavior. It's psychological poison to millions with no other frame of reference.

>They have even less prisons than northern Europe
Because they usually have incredibly weak governments and no real police force, as well as not really caring about stuff like rape, murder, etc.

There was no dispute of that fact in any of my posts.

When their police get a killer or a rapist, they don't send them to prison, the guy just go missing.
You'd be surprised with how many criminals a 3rd world police force kills every day.

Then why are you talking about jails as if they are in any way similar to prisons?

if you open borders, just make sure that there are ample spaces in newly built prisons for future tenants :)

Europeans (or any other civilized nation) don't have this division

>the arab world is a shithole
It's too bad to see the naivete of Nordic nations allowing these people into their countries to completely be overthrown by them eventually.

We're actually talking about incarceration in general, dude. The important part here is that private prisons and jails are being overblown as being the cause of this shit, instead of just a symptom.

Immigrant detention centers are separate from state and local prisons.
>200 facilities, 60% of which are private
>10% of prisons are private
>10% of 5,000 (not including immigrant detention centers) is 500, greater than 120, or 60% of immigrant prisons
Even if we assume your argument is genuine, your claim that jails are mostly for immigrants is unsupported

When is the US going to make a gladiator coliseum? Just make it opt in.

Which is strange, countries (like Mexico and Russia) have far higher incarceration rate without privates prisons/jails.
Maybe Americans are not civilized.

US is a week away from civil war once the food runs out. Don't mistake it for a country. Bread and circus is a matter of national security.

>I understand this completely and counter with the fact that we're literally all already slaves to the debt cycle. The only difference between us and the prisoners is that we could theoretically break out if we tried. The government doesn't have to enslave us because it's actually MORE efficient to let us enslave ourselves.
>In fact, the veiled slavery of the wage-earners in Europe needed, for its pedestal, slavery pure and simple in the New World.
Exploitation requires tiers in order to work; you must believe that you are not exploited simply because someone else has it worse than you. Before we can abolish our own debt slavery we must abolish prison slavery, as it will not become clear to the vast majority of people that they aren't free until the more abhorrent forms of exploitation are abolished.

Hence why everyone, not just those affected by the prison industrial complex, should oppose the exploitation of prison labor.

>US is a week away from civil war once the food runs out.
So is every single country, or you think Europeans would be going to starve in a well behave manner.

Checked. Europe will eventually find it's breaking point. They keep the information over there so censored out of fear only.

no. lol. we need more prisons

>Why does the US have the highest incarceration rate of any developed nation?
We have the highest population of black and brown people in any developed nation.

If you look at white crime rates, we are on par with any 95%+ white countries.

how to fight mass immigration funded by the UN - build more prisons

lek

Prisons are basically modern day work camps now in the US, tons of profit is made for guards and investors while prisoners world for pennies.

Attached: 1431200464771-1.jpg (3780x2126, 1.51M)

Imagine being this guy... fucking loser

Immigrant detention centers are still considered as detention facilities, and the private ones are run by many of the same corporations that run the other detention facilities. Also, you still haven't touched the fact that these things follow the rise in crime, not the other way around. Nowadays the war on drugs might be seen unfavorably, but when that shit started in the 70s it was generally popular. The crackdown on that led to more people being incarcerated, and then private prisons sprung up to take advantage of an emerging market. Detention facilities were getting crowded, and it's costly to build a new detention facility, so these corporations gave them a cheaper deal by taking on the startup cost themselves and by having cheaper operating costs, since the staff wouldn't be government workers, and since they're generally more lax. That was it. Rising up to meet a demand, not creating a demand. You can say that they're shitty, because they sometimes have lesser quality, but you can't blame them for the rise in incarceration.
Why not just deport them instead of keeping them though?

people cry too much over deportation. and plus they will come back/try to come back anyway. so have the proper prison accomodations ready, come one come all :)

wat?

I spent 2 weeks in jail last year for a DUI rather than doing 12 months probation. I liked getting high too much to have probation looming over me for a year.

we all know im borderline savant.

>believing the US is a democracy

I believe we call ourselves one but we've become corrupt enough for the term to become invalid, what are you implying though.

>you still haven't touched the fact that these things follow the rise in crime, not the other way around
I have touched on this.
>Nowadays the war on drugs might be seen unfavorably, but when that shit started in the 70s it was generally popular.
Let's examine that policy. Nixon's domestic policy advisor said, "We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily."
In other words, the war on drug was only popular as a form of political arrest
>The crackdown on that led to more people being incarcerated, and then private prisons sprung up to take advantage of an emerging market.
An emerging market based on a racist premise. This couldn't do anything to influence arrests.
>Detention facilities were getting crowded, and it's costly to build a new detention facility, so these corporations gave them a cheaper deal by taking on the startup cost themselves and by having cheaper operating costs, since the staff wouldn't be government workers, and since they're generally more lax. That was it. Rising up to meet a demand, not creating a demand.
The demand was created by the Nixon administration, and has been prolonged by the private industry. Do you think history stopped in the 70s? You realize private prisons have grown since the 70s? You think they don't influence arrests to this day, you're delusional. Period.

Draconian laws meant to oppress people that are enforced by police on minorities and poor white people who won't have money for a decent lawyer to fight the bullshit laws / charges .

Because instead of fixing the problems they build more prisons to lock criminals and profit from them

Approximately 13%