Is living minimalistic the most Jow Forums lifestyle because every other resource you have can be used for ascension?

Is living minimalistic the most Jow Forums lifestyle because every other resource you have can be used for ascension?

Attached: 74C0E593-63CD-45D8-BC70-F41AE5677A88.jpg (600x529, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vdRJMuOFO88
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not for that dumbass reason you hippie retard.

lots of koreans and japanese do this shit to save money and retire early

basically only for the poor and social betas

minimalism is a bugman variant

Yes. My sister moved in with me a year ago and the kitchen and living room is full of junk that I'm going to throw in the garbage the second she moves off to college

no you should be living your according to the superficial, materialistic standards of twitter thots

Attached: 1565458817676.jpg (768x768, 62K)

My living room looks exactly like that except I don't even own a tv. I also have a couch I nap on sometimes.

this dude fucked his sister

But those are great reasons to live minimalistic, theres literally no reason to live with useless bullshit scattered every where

high iq

>cumbrain.jpg

My room looks just like that just minus the TV and insert bed and desk with a pc.

Attached: 1565779258939.jpg (788x960, 135K)

You say that like it's a bad thing. I wish I could fuck my sister.

Attached: 1530595525149.jpg (1080x961, 124K)

>minimalist
I like how even anti-consumerism is co-opted by industrial society. Fuck that language use. It's not an identity and use as identity is bugman.

I wish I could fuck your sister too, whoever she may be.

youtube.com/watch?v=vdRJMuOFO88

sure, but minimalism for its own sake is retarded. it's not a contest to have the least stuff. it's just a cost/benefit calculation applied to each thing you own.

Here we go again.
>bare walls indicates a lack of interests/sense of interior decor
>no plants makes the living space feels extremely sterile
>everything is white/grey/black, nothing in terms of either furniture or general decorations that add any color, feels like a hospital
>lighting is fucking terrible, this isn't strictly his fault since he can't really change the apt's lighting, but he could change the bulb or buy a lamp to supplement the low, depressing lighting
>literally just a chair, indicating that he doesn't ever have guests over
>kitchen is clearly understocked
>chair blocking the doorway (???)
>terrible cable management

I'm probably missing some shit. I'd hang myself on the spot if I went over to a friend's house and this is what I saw.

pls post the upgraded version of OPs pic

You don't want to overload your place with stuff, but having a small amount of stuff with decent furniture is what you want. Women like to overclutter everything and make things a fucking mess. I've got a small room full of stuff I care about a few pictures, and some decent furniture, Ideally I like to keep my possessions scant so I won't be upset if I had to run and leave most of it behind.

Its really pathetic
>Want a french press because I don't want a coffee maker cluttering my small counterspace
>Ikea makes one that's pretty high quality
>Buy it
>Accidentally break it a couple years later, go back to buy another
>In the meantime they changed the model to reduce the quality
>Leaks a teaspoon of grounds into the liquid every time
>Go back to using a coffee maker $40 poorer

Ready to bowlcut every time a company makes their products worse on purpose

> what is instant
pleb get on my level

Do it then you fag

Minimalism is the other side of consumerism. Instead of consuming goods it wants you to consume services to replace goods you don't own.

I tried doing instant but they all tasted like cigarettes

Mostly petroleum and "experiences", nothing tangible to present, only selfies.
I'm taking notes rabbi, real clever.

It depends on how you define minimalistic. If you mean just buying all the essentials then yes it's a based lifestyle, theres no sense in spending half your wage on shit you dont need

Just spend $150 or so on a phone and keep it for years as opposed to spending $600 every year, and don't buy overpriced meme brands. Buy the $20 tshirt instead of the $200 one

This isn’t minimalist. This is a guy who likes vidya and can’t afford anything else:

>minimalism means making your house feel as sterile and thoughtlessly furnished as possible
Getting really tired of this meme. It's like wearing the same cringy graphic tees, cargo shorts, and sneakers from high school and calling it "spartan" because it sufficiently covers your body and requires zero thought to put together.

Never looked at it that way. I thought it was just anticonsumerism because I never browsed instagram about it like you faggots. Now I understand why you're calling it bugman. Thanks for the clarification.

>Minimalism is the other side of consumerism
its equally bugman

I have no choice, I travel a lot for work so I’m always staying in hotels, hostels, friends places etc. I do nothing but calisthenics for fitness, I always get funny looks when I’m doing my pushups or crunches in the middle of a hostel dorm at night.

Attached: BE8E14EC-BAB9-443F-8D6A-E293DB7FB8AD.jpg (609x753, 372K)

can you put this in terms a retard like me can understand
do you mean like going to starbucks all the time rather than owning a coffee maker

I don't believe you are traveling for work and staying in hostels

I give you some examples. Rent a furnished to not have to buy appliances apartment - pay more rent. Own less clothes - wash them more often - spend more money for energy, detergent, amortization of the washing machine. Don't own washing machine - pay more for the laundrette. Own less kitchen equipment - some foods you have to buy instead of cooking at home. Don't stock food - cannot save up on promotions and bulk sale prices (since we're on fit, the more proton powder you buy, the cheaper it is per kilo). Don't own hobby items - pay for "experiences". Don't own home gym - pay more to gyms (and most of them have worse equipment that you'd buy yourself).

Basically, minimalism seeks to make you pay a subscription fee for every aspect of your life, increase the service sector and hence the demand for cheap immigrant labour. Pretty shit idea.

They’re cheaper than hotels, I try to stay in one when I can

Yeah, something along these lines.

your sister needs to be fucked

that's spartan tho

Based and redpilled.

basically, yeah

Poverty is a virtue man can teach himself

You can be minimalist, but you can also have good taste and aesthetic continuity. That shitbox is depressing.

This
You don't own your own tools so you gotta get everything fixed instead of doing it yourself.

Mm, ultraprocessed.

I think most people are just coping itt, there's no reason to have a bunch of books and bookcases and posters of shit when you can just get it all for free on a computer
but people will spin the otherside harder and happily ignore that part

Having less material can allow MNCs to extract more from you, these are usually tandem with intensive travel lifestyles.

>20$ t shirt
Only at concerts friend, otherwise it's Kirkland packs or Goodwill. Never be a slave to the fabric Jew, you can make yourself look good on the cheap if you put a little thought into your style. And stay off /fa/ because they will bankrupt themselves for a pair of black pants that looks exactly like the other 6 pairs they own.

Choose your entertainment sources carefully. If you're doing Netflix Hulu Spotify HBO that's at least $40/month.

Vidya is a money pit but if you really like it at least make yourself a budget to deliberate your expenses on it. Wait a couple years after release for a game. Go to used game stores.

You can buy houseplants on the cheap that are easy to keep alive. They may seem like tedious decoration but they really do help your mood, as well as purify the air in your room.

If you want to have sex, don't arrange living room like OP pic.

tfw poorfag and minimalism is not a choice

Attached: 1565804357569.jpg (540x540, 37K)

That's not what I have in mind when I hear the term "minimalism". To me, minimalism is not consuming coffee at all because you don't need it. Wasting your money on services is not minimalism, just because your apartment is empty, in my opinion.

Minimalism is drinking coffee instead of buying sips

Spartan is an actual term used in interior design. It does not mean sacrificing all attempts at aesthetic for practicality. People who conflate the two typically use it as cope for their embarrassing lack of fashion and decorative sense.

Minimalism is drinking water and not buying anything. Coffee is "luxury" and not necessary, hence not minimalistic

This. You don't have to have garbage all over the place but that appartment screams "I don't have any friends or visits ever".

True minimalism has nothing to do with owning shit, but simply not being attached to it. If you can't resist the urge to buy something then you're not minimalist, you're consumerist.

What is this gay shit? Your living space doesn't mean shit, I still managed to get laid when I was living in a fucking caravan

If you want to pick up chicks its YOU that matters, not your apartment

Bro, can I fuck your sister for you? I'll even let you listen and pull your horn on the other side of the door

Yes. At the very least, re-evaluating why you have every object that you do helps you break from normie routines of constantly buying shit.

Ideally you realize you can do without a lot of shit. This means you recognize you made mistakes in the past and will be more skeptical in the future. Hopefully that means your buying becomes far more limited. Your focus, both financially but also in terms of time and mentally goes into improving yourself and your relationships.

This is true. I don't own many things, but I do utilize services in order to NOT own many things. I still consume for sure.

Bitches that complain about your minimalism usually live in junk piles like hoarders and see no problem with it

>Ready to bowlcut
this is an excellent phrase

>bare walls
Putting up a thousand fake photos around your house is what females do. Think to your childhood. Who put up all the family photos, mom or dad? Unless you mean posters, in which case literally grow up and stop pretending to be a Youtuber with those cookie cutter walls of figures and movie posters.

>no plants
Sure

>white grey black
If it's an apartment he probably can't paint it or the place is so temporary it's not worth it

>lighting
Kind of agree, there's no natural lighting in that apartment so he's really screwed with what he can do.

>literally just a chair
Agreed.

>kitchen understocked
You don't need anything more than a cutting board, fridge, stove, maybe an oven

>chair blocking the doorway
It's not? How fucking wide are you?

>terrible cable management
Worst offender.

It really all just comes down to "temp place" like if he's in college or something. My ex had some much tacky shit in her room you literally couldn't see the floor. It's not personality, it's just clutter.

No wonder so many Jow Forums incels are depressed and alone. The links between your living space and your psychological health are real. Living in an apartment like OP -- such a sterile, barren place that is tailor-made to never allow for guests -- would make feel very lonely and depressed. It would make me feel as empty inside as the apartment. Same way that a messy workspace makes it harder to concentrate or be productive.

Plus it suggests the guy living there has no hobbies or interests beyond watching TV or gaming. At least get a goddamn bookshelf, put some books on it, and read them.

>No wonder so many Jow Forums incels are depressed and alone. The links between your living space and your psychological health are real. Living in an apartment like OP -- such a sterile, barren place that is tailor-made to never allow for guests -- would make feel very lonely and depressed. It would make me feel as empty inside as the apartment. Same way that a messy workspace makes it harder to concentrate or be productive.

>Plus it suggests the guy living there has no hobbies or interests beyond watching TV or gaming. At least get a goddamn bookshelf, put some books on it, and read them.

>t.

Attached: 1560128979529.png (1000x1000, 18K)

But sterile feeling and hospital rooms are comfy as fuck.
I'm not the only one that likes clean tidy open spaces right?

Attached: 1565617553389.png (620x640, 345K)

You could at least make an argument, retard

Have sex.

>tfw no sister to playfully boink

>I don't have any friends or visits eve
correct. what you you have interpersonal relationships cluttering up your life? you probably have hot water and toilet paper in your house too.

Literally just had sex last night, in my well-furnished apartment, not too far from the bookshelf in my bedroom.

user... you have heard of wall art right? bare walls make your room feel cold and austere, go grab a cheap print and hang it or stick a bookshelf, tall plant, or display cabinet in front of it

hoes mad

>hospital rooms are comfy
user, I...

well, we'll have to do it on the chair but it could work.

kek nice one

kek

And even if you wanted to do it in the bedroom, I guarantee apartment in OP does not have a bed. Definitely a mattress on the floor.

thank you. it may be my only one, but it reclines, babeh.

Attached: c252817948a74fccaa219a335313edf9a84eac03f23e4b616249c989bf9ebad6_1.jpg (460x875, 87K)

are we really going to pretend that 90% of the women agreeing with this have hobbies consisting of netflix and looking at instagram, why would you be so critical of a mans hobbies or lack of hobbies when they are likely more or of the same quality as the people criticizing them

Literally just proved that guy's point. There's obviously a balance to be struck. Like don't drink coffee at all you spergy addicts, that's true minimalist

How? There's value to hard copies, the internet can easily become a lost technology even without the purges.

Keked

Attached: 1565615081650.jpg (750x737, 85K)

my room next year (uni student) is going to be fucking tiny, not this bad but close. How do I make a tiny room into a comfy room?

Attached: 57ebd8a8b0ef9737018b8b74-1136-852.jpg (1136x852, 222K)

>posts iFunny meme

IFunny is pretty based to be honest. Look at the comments. It’s heavily watered down 4channel

Watch Marie kondo I’m serious. You gonna need to not have much stuff

I'm having the same problem but I think I need to use coarse ground coffee rather than fine ground coffee. Have you tried that?

this

Attached: 65923574_2384775125139729_1390252502506536960_n.jpg (165x115, 8K)

>Think to your childhood. Who put up all the family photos, mom or dad? Unless you mean posters, in which case literally grow up and stop pretending to be a Youtuber with those cookie cutter walls of figures and movie posters.
Art is art you fucking plebian

the irony of this post

My father has created paintings and has bought a few for his walls. Most people who aren't autists do that

>Anime girl
>Autism
Shocking

>iFunny is pretty based desu
Hello underage highschooler.

If you don't see the problem with this then you're unironically not going to make it

Unironically comfy.

Attached: comfy.jpg (3000x3153, 1.53M)

What is the point of putting up $10 printouts of stock art on your wall? It's the zoomer version of putting pictures of your pet up.

Nobody would want to visit an apartment with 1 seat and no décor. At least have some style.

Most people could learn a lot from minimalist lifestyles. I don't go as far as some of these extreme minimalists who try to keep all of their possessions in a backpack or something, but I do constantly try to throw shit out. Its in our nature to hoard shit, and most people let this hoarding get to a point where its actually detrimental to their quality of life. Having fewer things makes life so much easier and simpler.

Attached: 9ygqzmvtirbz.jpg (1500x1000, 131K)

>minimal lifestyle
>funko pops