I hate this. I've been stuck in a fitness rut for over 1.5 years and I constantly feel like I'm flying blind...

I hate this. I've been stuck in a fitness rut for over 1.5 years and I constantly feel like I'm flying blind. I want to lose fat, but I can never find a workout program for cutting, it's always bulk bulk bulk, so I keep trying to cut on all these strength routines but it's so miserable and slow, but I don't know what to do anymore. I don't want to stop getting stronger, but I can't take this anymore. What routine do I do as an intermediate lifter to keep being strong but also cut without wanting to kill myself?

I have gone through Texas Method 4-day, TM 3-day, Madcow, HLM, 5/3/1 BBB, and now 5/3/1 Triumverate.

Attached: 1455774328705.jpg (1959x1469, 619K)

Lift and bulk on lifting days and fast (no calories all day) on rest days

Deload on the "bulk" routines and try some calisthenics/cardio while you're at it. When you bulk again you'll regain the strength.

All while having 500 cal less than TDEE.

Best of Luck.

you guys really don't know about cardio, do you?

I have done fasting (5 days is my best), it is not helpful. My workouts become completely shit by day 2 and I never feel the magical "no longer hungry" feeling everyone insists is coming. Also, wouldn't bulking just defeat the point of a fast?

I have never bulked before, I have never even gotten past 20% bf the cycle of cutting and feeble strength is so fucking constant.

I don't know what to tell you man, I'm already so exhausted lifting and cutting, I don't think cardio will help my exhaustion.

>I have done fasting (5 days is my best), it is not helpful. My workouts become completely shit by day 2 and I never feel the magical "no longer hungry" feeling everyone insists is coming. Also, wouldn't bulking just defeat the point of a fast?
Don't do 5 days in a row, do it every other day or something like that.

The bulking diet (TDEE + 500) would still be a significant cut if you eat nothing the next day

as a natty you're not going to cut weight fast AND make everything easier to lift. you can try to cut slow but that's very hit or miss.
>I don't think cardio will help my exhaustion.
that's wrong. liberating fat helps your resting energy levels.

Try IF and follow the 8/16 program. It's even better on keto, but not everyone likes that diet.

-8400 kcal a week, -2.4 lbs a week, still eating +500 kcal on gym days. I mean it sounds pretty good, I just a little disillusioned with fasting. /fast/ promised I would not lose LBM, lost 1.5 lbs LBM and 2 lbs fat after doing a hydrostatic weigh-in, so my initial skepticism is kind of high. I will keep this idea in mind though, as it doesn't seem quite as "too good to be true" as normal fasting, thank you dude.

I'm cutting at -500 kcal, I thought that was pretty normal pace?

I've done IF before, negligible effects on my hunger and performance as far as I could tell, which was very depressing with how much everyone says it works for them. It just feels like I'm skipping breakfast and not night snacking, which I do anyway without watching the clock.

>I don't think cardio will help my exhaustion.
How could you possibly think improving your cardiovascular health wouldn't improve your overall stamina? Fuck's sake user. Life isn't all about lifting, you need to condition your body. Just download a C25K app and do it, it's like 3 runs a week for a few months and you'll be ready to take on 30 minute jogs in no time. That's literally all you need to do.

>I'm cutting at -500 kcal, I thought that was pretty normal pace?
oh yeah, you're right. not too extreme. but if you absolutely wanted to get weight loss results usually you need more of a cut. so it's like a choice between hovering around in moderation, maximizing strength, or maximizing weight loss

This, its not so fucking hard. Eat less calories, smae work, you will lose a bit of strength but thats what you get for cutting.

I suppose you are right, but I'm still faced with the issue of how to balance it with a lifting routine that can help me still maintain my lifts or at least minimize the decrease.

Well, that leads me back into my main concern. What lifting routine should I do while I'm maximizing weight loss so I can at least maintain as much strength as possible, but I don't feel like crap by the end?

Steroids.

Do a 12 week test cycle and eat at maintenance and you'll recomp to looking absolutely unreal.

Or you could just keep spinning your wheels with shit genetics, up to you.

No idea where to get them and I don't trust criminals to have the ethics to sell me a product that isn't bathtub snake oil.

If only there was a well known website that had hundreds of thousands of reviews of online sources where you could easily find and order discretely. If only.

this

I just run 10k every day and lift 6 days a week eating what I want while gaining lean mass. Start running already.

I literally don't know what or where you are talking about so either link it or quit being catty.

From somebody that is constantly losing weight when lifting I think I could help with this. I gain strength but I mostly drop fat and am currently 8% body fat. You’ve got to stop eating so much, focus on eating healthy / filling foods just for the energy. I’ll usually do 1.5-2 hours lifting then sweat my ass off doing cardio, I’m burning calories like a madman. I’m still regularly increasing my lifting weight, and my body weight is very slowly going up, though some days I do feel low on energy (in the gym) I still just try to get good sets in at a steady weight rather than going up.

I drop fat very quickly because I don’t like to eat that much, but I’m currently focusing on a VERY slow clean bulk, which is just about the only way to stay lean and gain mass. Either way as you lose fat you will start to look bigger.

I'm doing -500 kcal a day right now it makes feel like I'm starving while I'm doing exercise, wouldn't cutting harder just intensify that feeling?

If you don't want to lose strength you've been working on- you might have better look taking a longer term approach. Forget about weight lifting- but start dieting and aim to do some low intensity cardio 3 times a week. You'll need to keep this up for quite some time- until you've dropped to a weight from which some muscle gain would give a fairly significant body fat percentage change. From there, you start actual gym work around 3 times a week.

The most important thing is to keep at it, and don't let your mind linger on where you are not being enough. Do your exercise and then try to keep yourself distracted.

Based, checked, and red-pilled.

Not necessarily, eating foods like oatmeal, peanut butter, bananas, boiled eggs, drink ALOT of water. You should drink coffee on an empty stomach in the morning before you lift (maybe force down a little food on top) this will make you burn fat stores as apposed to what’s in your stomach. Stimulants will help you keep energy while cutting out food, this is also how Tom Hanks lost weight for cast away.

The acidity in the coffee will keep you from eating

Also if you’ve got a caloric deficit you’re going to lose fat no matter what