Is keto a meme?

Is keto a meme?

Attached: IMG_20190814_152102.jpg (2048x1536, 559K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2852806/
youtu.be/bQ68libFqwI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What isn’t a meme

No

Ketones are legit, but keto as a long term diet is a meme, and is not good for you
It’s an okay weight loss diet though

yes.

just go vegan

No it's pretty good desu. If your goal is weight loss though, it's better to avoid carbs, reduce fat, and increase protein.

Basically:
Everything about it is legit, however our ancestors used to eat the WHOLE animal. They received all their nutrients from animals and had no need for vegetables. Unless you eat every organ and piece of meat, you'll need vegetables in the long term.

>Unless you eat every organ
just eat liver, other organs are BTFO by liver.

It's not a meme but it's only useful for people with epilepsy or cancer.

This. Although I've heard brain is one of the only organs to get adequate amount of Vitamin D from. It's supposed to be in eggs, if they're high quality, but most people can't afford that. So either supplement vit D or get a lot of sunshine.

>Tfw no gf

Keto is only relevant in epilepsy because the guy who directed Naked Gun claimed on a TV show that it's a miracle cure. The 3-year retention rate for kids assigned to keto is 0.0%, it's complete garbage and no less a meme than fatties trying to lose weight by stuffing themselves with eggs and bacon

Attached: keto tv star.png (846x613, 37K)

Lots of people live off ground beef, steak, and eggs long term nothing else. But that doesn't sound sexy like pretending you're a pagan warrior from back when humanity made sense so you won't allow it.

fish oil bro

>no fruit
yes, yes it is

no but it is a meme if you are an athlete or someone who requires explosive power

The retention rate may suck but it's been shown to reduce the frequency and intensity of epileptic seizures. Rhonda Patrick has an interesting hypothesis that keto should be used intermittently (ie cycled on and off) rather than all the time.

>most people can't afford eggs
what

That's just hilarious that you think drawing connections to some caveman shit is about sex appeal, but don't understand that eating steak/beef is the same shit (masculinity, social status, Americana), there is a reason none of these people eat pork, they perceive it as a pleb meat and their diet is all about emotions and their personal narcissism of how special they are for eating like an imbecile

Unless you're an autistic you're taking a multivitamin anyways.

I don't understand how eating meat and veggies, with a side of beans on lifting days is a meme. Sounds like heaven to me, and I've she'd 60 pounds with ease since Jan 1st eating this.

Rhonda Patrick is a moron, so her opinions hold no weight.

You can get the same nutrients from vegetables with less carbs taken

And kidney disease, supposedly

Ah so you were indeed speaking out your ass the whole time. People eat ruminants over pork because it's healthier you dumb fuck that's literally it.

but those carbs aren't really an issue because of the fiber?

Is it possible to have a vegan keto diet?

yes atkins is a fad diet

You're comparing apples and oran- I mean, livers and brains.

Vegan keto is the quickest way of getting a heart attack considering most of your calories come from inflammatory omega 6 oils.

Atkins is not keto

based retard

Long term keto diet is a meme unless your really sick and need inflammation to be near zero for weeks/months at a time or you're a huge fat sack of shit.
REMINDER: Keto diet is high fat, MODERATE protein, and little to no carbs. To much protein will kick you out of deep ketosis via gluconeogenesis. Even if you eat nothing but eggs, meat, butter etc., if you eat an above average amount of protein, IT IS NOT A KETO DIET.
I'm tired of retards getting this wrong and saying they're on a "keto" diet but are eating 150+ grams of protein a day.

Attached: disgusted heavy and demo.png (1166x780, 867K)

>and is not good for you

[citation needed]

Ketosis causes inflammation

>but keto as a long term diet is a meme
A lot of people say this, but can you put some scientific sources that support this argument?

My blood ketone levels are the same if I were to eat 70 grams of protein or 150 grams of protein.
This "protein kicks you out of ketosis" meme is made up my niggers who have never tested their blood ketone levels.

If this is the case why do peoples inflammation decrease when they fast though?

What was your blood sugar levels?

- Just dropping bread and pasta will make you lose fat, due to the drop in calories if nothing else.
- To build muscle you need protein.
- Essential fats are called that because they are essential for life.
- there's no such thing as essential carbs

Now ask yourself is "keto a meme?".

lmao wtf? where the fuck does this guy live, on moon?

based 78 iq poster

Hmm is pubmd an online service?

Attached: Doublesguy.jpg (248x249, 14K)

still doesn't disprove the fact that dropping shitty carbs is good for you.

>Long term keto diet
never been a single such study

YES
YES
YES
IT'S A BIG FUCKING MEME
I FUCKING HATE KTEARDS SO MNUCH IM GOING TO FUCKING PHYSICALLY DESTROY ALL KETARDS AAAAAAA

whatever fag go eat your bagels you fat fuck..

woah, underrated post

Yeah but she's weirdcute, I need her and no one else will do

I agree. A diet in high protein from meat, enough for your body to gluconeogenesis, to filling up your muscle glycogen stores and to cutting out shitty carbs, is the best diet.

Anons, the only right answer is this: Eat whatever makes you feel better, if you feel better eating only animal protein and fat, go for it, if you prefer eating only plants, go for it babe, just be happy.

Attached: DYgLFZSW0AA1-Jj.jpg (1000x800, 65K)

there's no way picrelated is healthy. there are lots of ways to lose weight that don't involve binge eating saturated fat

Attached: tWyCqef.jpg (1200x1800, 241K)

nothing makes me feel better

Attached: 0821 - lbE9NwY.png (285x285, 87K)

you fag it literally reduces blood flow in your left ventricle google it

what are the 'shitty carbs' generally?

>The 3-year retention rate for kids assigned to keto is 0.0%
That's exceptionally awful given these are kids with intractable / drug resistant epilepsy having full body, pants crapping, face turns purple from inability to breathe seizures on a regular basis who might become brain dead or just straight up die. And the diet is so bad they all drop it *in spite of* how it actually works.
It's really not a natural way to get your energy long term at all. If you look at the data on the kids who've been placed on the ketogenic diet as a treatment for childhood epilepsy, the normal annual incidence of pediatric kidney stones is something like 3.7 per 100,000 kids, compared with 1 in 10 kids on the ketogenic diet:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2852806/
>There have been several reports about renal calculi developing in children on the ketogenic diet since the first report more than 30 years ago.9-11 The prevalence of renal caculi in people on the ketogenic diet is 3-10%, compared with 1 in several thousand in the general population.12 Chronic acidosis, dehydration, low urine pH, and fat malabsorption all contribute to the formation of uric acid and calcium oxalate stones.9,10
Increasing your annual kidney stone risk by a factor of 2,700 is pretty fucking bad news bears.

Attached: helper.jpg (1000x842, 132K)

The fat:protein ratio needed to maintain ketosis varies person to person. I stay in it just fine with a 1:1 ratio and keeping carbs below 20g/day.

Disregard this post

Don’t post again until you learn how the human body works.

If it's working for fat people to lose weight at all, it sounds like it's less because of actually getting into the "ketosis" state and more because they get greater satiation out of these foods than they would out of a bunch of high glycemic index carbohydrates that instantly spike their blood sugar and leave them wanting more food.
I doubt most of the people on this modern meme version of the ketogenic diet are even really in ketosis. Protocols for it were pretty stringent back when it was more of a medical diet for children with juvenile diabetes (before insulin shots were a thing) and epilepsy, and I think what most fat people who say they're "on the keto diet" do is more like eating lots of breakfast meat and avoiding bread.

>You call eating bacon and eggs every day a diet?
>Hey, as long as it works.

Who dis?

all fad diets are a meme

Why does this guy talk so weirdly and why does he look like a cancer patient?

youtu.be/bQ68libFqwI

Attached: 1562462767433.jpg (1036x647, 179K)

>why does he look like a cancer patient?
Well he's vegan according to your picture, so that should answer your question. The only complete sources of protein a vegan has access to would be low quality heavily processed sóy isolate shit. And most of their food options would be super-low calorie since human GI tracts are nothing like cows and can't really digest the vast majority of plant matter.

It's a meme if you lift weights
Not a meme if your a fat who wants to be less fat

Attached: aGbwh.gif (356x292, 1.99M)

If you're lean, keto isn't that good because your source of energy is absent. I'm in keto rn because I'm a fat fuck and when I get lean, I'm switching to just eating normal and 60 g of carbs for energy at the gym.

Just came here to say I fucking love beef bacon.

Attached: beef-bacon-13-1440x900.jpg (1440x900, 316K)