The Chinese cartoon says use a mixed grip for deadlifts...

The Chinese cartoon says use a mixed grip for deadlifts, but Jow Forums says you should avoid mixed grip if you don't want to tear your bicep. Who's in the wrong here?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru - 07 [360p].mkv_snapshot_19.59_[2019.08.14_18.55.08].jpg (640x360, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GIG4lgKqwRw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's the idea behind mixed grip? What's it's supposed to do?

webm related, I want to avoid this

Attached: 1524908752527.webm (720x720, 1.35M)

Unless you have tiny faggot baby hands or work out at a sissy gym that doesn't allow chalk there is no reason to not use hookgrip
youtube.com/watch?v=GIG4lgKqwRw

wont his back snap

Is mixed actually legit? Currently pull around 270lbs dl but i think my grip is holding me back.

Supposedly allows you to lift heavier weights.

does nobody in this thread actually deadlift? everyone should have had the experience of having your grip fail double overhand, then switching to mixed to finish the set. question answers itself.

Go ahead and use mixed grip if you dare

Attached: dangers_of_mixed_grip.png (1397x787, 1.12M)

Don’t straight bar deadlift

mixed grip should be reserved for really heavy sets or 1rm testing, since it causes imbalances

the bicep tearing is because of one of your arms utilizing a supinated grip, which is (mostly) the only way your bicep can tear. making sure you distribute the weight through your body properly should reduce this risk

physically cringed at this, what the fuck why didn't the guy in the chair stop it

Do double overhand as much as you can for forearms gains, then get used to hook grip for heavier sets, try not to do mixed at all

Bicep tear only happens if you try to curl the bar to finish to rep. Keep your arms straight

i love how the fat retard in the chair just sat there and watched a guy basically end his competitive career

Guess my grip just hasnt failed yet friend

This, with everything do it in moderation and switch up the grip when you do. But if you can stick with overhand or if anything use wraps

Hookgrip is the correct answer, but people tend to bitch out about doing it because it hurts the first few times you do it. But once you get used to it, it's great, and doesn't come with the risk of bicep tears like mixed. In terms of strength it goes Hook > Mixed > Regular Overhand

chinks are handlets. assuming you're not a slopey eyed midget you should be fine gripping the bar normally

Why in the world would you ever trust a cartoon written by one of the least-bodybuilding-interested countries on this kind of stuff?

i do DOH til I cant then do straps. i also train grip directly so sometimes my grip is shot early, but other times I can go almost to working weight.

t. did 4pl8 DOH a year ago, havent done DOH 1rm since

A lot of people on Jow Forums barely work out. An even larger amount of people pretend to workout but don't

i don't deadlift because it's a meme exercise

it very slightly makes the bar path more stable. but that translates to PR lifts

you can't. your muscles will contract no matter what.

What was he supposed to do, catch the bicep?

there's literally no reason to use a mixed grip when straps exist unless you train to compete and even then the top lifters will use hook grip

double overhand to train grip straps for heavy work everyone does this

Jow Forums can suck my balls both are good, check barbell medicine or someone else who also knows anything about lifting

I would say go with mixed if you can't double overhand the weight but do be careful cause the risk of tearing the bicep of the supinated arm is not bullshit.
Alternatively you could try hook grip, personally I don't cause I'm scared of fucking up my thumbs, and so prefer double overhand. Moving up in weight is a slower ordeal but I'm not in a hurry, I'm lifting for the long haul.

Attached: 1560064536756.jpg (549x454, 34K)

what the fuck am i looking at

>mixed grip with straps
trash anime for trash autists

fuck yourself op

Jason Genova

My grip failed double overhand so I added more grip work to my workouts (carries, pullups, shrugs) until my grip improved. After a year of that my grip doesn't give out until 375lbs or so, and then I switch to hook
>mixed grip is a meme that keeps Reddit-tier lifters from improving

Mixed grip negates rotational torque on the bar. It’s a more stable grip, and keeps the bar steady in your hands, but it puts the open palmed arm in an awkward position which could lead to a tear.

I wouldn’t use it routinely for deadlifts. I did notice, however, that several of the best athletes on American Ninja Warrior implement a mixed grip on a lot of the bar-based obstacles, which makes a lot of sense to me.

In competition mixed grip was what we used. Idk why anyone deadlifts now though

This. Hook grip is the best

Damn mirin’ hard

is there a risk of a bicep tear at relatively moderate weight? seems like the risk comes with really high weight mostly

I hookgrip like a chad

>bro you're fucking your shit up. drop the bar
its called using your words to communicate with others, you fucking aspie

This show only exists to encourage Japanese boys to lust after foreign girls so you should probably look elsewhere for lifting advice.

sickening insertions

this. this thread is proof no one on Jow Forums fucking lifts. mixed grip is yoru actual working set for deadlifts grip liek what the fuck no one here lifts.

also hookgrip is for autistic faggots no one actually uses that shit

Sumo deadlift while you're at it.

>having to use mixed grip under 3plate

Mixed grip is for when you can't really handle the weight but your ego prevents you from going down

This is the only real answer

You can also grow unevenly when you switch grip

I can doh lmao4platez.jpg also and have hook gripped 495 but I regularly train with straps

i'll sometimes do commando pullups, which definitely gives a unique kind of control to body movements

hookgrip

>since it causes imbalances
Meme. Most all top powerlifters use mixed grip, don't switch their grip ever, and never suffer from "imbalances." I've deadlifted for years without switching, pull 6 plate, and have no problems. This is just fear mongering bullshit that weak beginners tell themselves.

>not using double supinated
ngmi

>having to use mixed grip under 4 pl8

Attached: 1493362910055.jpg (312x345, 21K)

He's a judge. He's focusing on bar movement to give red lights for downward movement. Not analyzing his various muscle groups for impending injury. The judge isn't there to keep you from getting injured.

>not using a trap bar
Never, and I mean never, going to make it

Attached: johnwood_trapbartraining_deadlift.png (400x267, 96K)

>having to use a mixed grip under 1400pl8s
this is a retarded pissing contest
no it isn't you fucking idiot. your posterior chain will out grow your grip strength quickly. unless you intend to lose out on gains because of MUH DOUBLE OVERHAND EGO you will need to mixed grip. fucking christ this board is 100% composed of DYEL cunts

>hook straps

Attached: 1555755534561.png (320x320, 19K)

Using mixed grip at all

>this is a retarded pissing contest

welcome to Jow Forums

what do you guys do if you are physically strong enough to lift the weight, but the skin on your hands starts bunching and pinching, and it hurts too much to lift?

Hookgrip is not as perfect as you make it out to be. There is a risk of fracturing your thumb.

you're a newbie lifter. the calluses will come with time and your hands will strengthen. use chalk or liquid chalk if you must. until then use straps on your heaviest set

I didn't say it was perfect, but it's stronger and the risk of injury isn't as high as mixed. Now I've never heard of that fracture actually happening to anyone. At most I've heard of bruises and they're not terribly common. I can see it being possible, though.

hook grip changed my fucking life, I love it. I do like to save it for my heaviest set, so I can still work my regular overhand

you're not gonna tear your cep if you keep your form good

Attached: fg.jpg (1024x768, 173K)

damn he finished the lift like a boss

What the fuck did I just see? What is that called?

Attached: ascended woj.jpg (500x500, 36K)

wear gloves like the feminine faggot you are. remember to take them off when it's time to give a gobby though.

Idk I just wear straps when above 2 plates,so basically 99% of the time

HOOK GRIP mustardrace !
>I'll get straps once i reach 3 x bw

>mixed grip with straps