Been lifting for 7 years

>been lifting for 7 years
>herniated disk in january
>go from 200lbs to 150 in half a year
>depression
>diet goes to shit, start smoking again
>went from 21min 3 mile, 405 ATG olympic back squat, 295 clean and jerk, 245 snatch, to barely benching squatting 200 with pain

what do I do bros? How do I recover? Life seems to pointless and bleak....thinking about just ending it.........on the plus side, losing all this weight has me fucking shredded as FUCK so atleast i don't look completely unathletic, but this is the most out of shape i have ever been, in my entire life, without a doubt. what do i do?

Attached: mfw.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3585w9FmOGs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>go from 200lbs to 150 in half a year
Congrats on making it user.

when i was 200lbs i was like 12% body fat desu

Good, you already achieved a lot, this gives you an opportunity to prove to yourself again what you are capable of accomplishing.

Prove it.

you know what you need to do. reset. start from day one 7 years ago and work your way back from the ground up. eat well. quit smoking. if you've lost weight you're done with cutting for now and can steadily bulk up

Have sex.

that is a good way of looking at it user. it's just extra painful because i've had to rebuild that physique a few times at this point, from going to marine corps boot camp where i went from 190 to 150 and other things in life that have destroyed my gains. but back then my back wasn't fucked and gaining it back wasn't impossible it just took time, how am I supposed to get it back when my spine is wrecked?

i do, but bar sluts are starting to just depress me

i've got too many tattoos, posting body and this many details would end up with me getting doxed

Focus on what you can do, don't focus on what you can't do.

Talk to your doc/physio, educate yourself about your injury, your recovery, what limitations you're dealing with and how to rebuild your back. Health is wealth.

Work around your injury. Make substitutions. You can work just as hard as before, you just have to adjust your parameters. We're always making progress, but we're never finished.

that honestly means a lot user. i haven't seen a physio or athletic trainer yet, because when i got my MRI done the docs said it's just an injury that never really gets better and that i can only hope that going easy makes it go away, will seeing a physio get me back to lifting?

Unironically watch the athlean-x videos on lower back pain and disc injury. Shit helped me get over a nagging injury in less time than when I did traditional rehab. Best of luck bro, keep struggling upwards.

How'd you herniate the disc?

You will have to come up with a way to overcome your injury, just remember a man can only be defeated if he gives up or he dies.

It won't be easy, but that is exactly why you are doing it.

are his videos actually legit? I'd always kind of assumed he was a meme that didn't know what he was talking about, but i never looked into it

unironically squatting 185. I had a month off from school over the winter, and couldn't get into a gym while i was home. when i went back to college i was a fucking idiot and jumped back into training immediately, and during one of my 3x10's at the bottom of the squat i felt some pain that only got worse. i could tell i was tight that morning and had a bit of lumbar rounding in the very bottom of my squat and i think that, plus 4 years in the infantry,plus 7 years of lifting just finally added up and i go sent to snap city. got it MRI'd a couple weeks later, L4 herniation.

thank you user. I didn't expect my life at 24 to involve me waking up in bed and putting a gun to my head, but this and some other stuff just absolutely crushed me. coming home and hearing "woah bro, you got so skinny what happened!", or my parents talking about how skinny i look, or having my mother comment on it when she hugged me, it's all so much bros

>lifting ever
NOT

EVEN

ONCE

Time to focus on health and longevity, my dude. No sense being an old man with back pain just for the sake of being a bit more shredded now. Lifting lighter won’t kill you. Read Ecclesiastes, there’s a time and season for everything, perhaps this is your time to transition a bit, both in your fitness goals and your life goals. Being 200 lbs and shredded is great, but it always fades.

Bullshit, you've got a back injury, not cancer or a chronic wasting disease.

I'm not a medical professional, but seriously, I can't think of any reason why getting stronger is gonna be a bad idea. You WILL NEED TO BE SMART and careful about it, but I am sure you can work within the limits of your compromised back and make progress.

Talk to a sports medicine doc and a PT, tell them how important training is to you, and get them to help you develop a program.

And do check this out, the athlean-x guy is a PT.

Athlean-X has some clickbait bluster to him, but the advice is legit. There's like 4 or 5 on disc and lower back rehab, you should be able to find them.

I feel you on the injury, both times I did myself in were coming back off a break. Overhead dumbbell press first, deadlifting 315 lbs the second time...and I used to be able to do it one handed, lol.

youtu.be/3585w9FmOGs
C'mon bruh, do you think you're more fucked up than this old lady? EVERY body responds to training and gets stronger.

>been lifting for 7 years

You must have been a beast. A god among men.

>thank you user. I didn't expect my life at 24 to involve me waking up in bed and putting a gun to my head, but this and some other stuff just absolutely crushed me. coming home and hearing "woah bro, you got so skinny what happened!", or my parents talking about how skinny i look, or having my mother comment on it when she hugged me, it's all so much bros

It's tough out there man, I have recently gotten really bad sciatica and it has crush my ability to do most physical activities and even sleep. But every day I am working toward trying to get better even if it is doing very painful stretches. I just remind myself that this too shall pass.
You can't give up user, there is a lot of people out there who need you, some right now and some in the future, but more than you realize, and you need to be strong for them.

Dont commit suicide bro, tough times dont last, tough people do

i'll give his videos a look and see what i can do, thank you user

dead ass made me tear up bros. thank you. ever since leaving the military a year ago, the rain has just poured. i never thought i'd be a statistic, but from my dog dying, my back breaking, and countless personal relationships including my brother going south, it's hard not to get blackpilled. a year ago i was a different man, and now i feel like something less. i walk around angry all the time, no one ever meets my expectations, everyone i meet is just in it for themselves at every opportunity....i fucking hate it bros i really do......i want to be a happy guy, i want to be healthy, it just feels like obstacle after obstacle. i appreciate the support guys, really

That's your fault for still focusing on muh big 3 lifts. If you are not a powerlifter you have no business doing that shit after 1/2/3/4 hell you can ditch them sooner than that

im guessing these are your weights

Attached: 2237141-two-pink-dumbbells-on-th-white-background.jpg (1300x866, 61K)

I fucking love /fit. Every now and then some user posts his horrible injury, sometimes its even permanent damage and half of anons say to him to heal and start lifting again...

Btw this is your future. Load that bar with too many plates and you will be next.

Find something more meaningful than slowly crippling yourself. Or at least safer.

Attached: reflection.jpg (1000x1333, 275K)

Yeah, you'd have to be pretty retarded to do compounds or olympic lifts if you aren't planning on competing or getting paid for lifting them. The spinal compression and risk of injury is absolutely, 100% not worth the price of getting to brag to your gym-goers about how strong you are. Compound lifting outside of benching should be pretty much banned, in my opinion, your gonna fuck yourself up eventually from your ego-lifting, all for bragging rights? Nah, that's retarded. You are a recreational lifter, not a pro-strongman, olympian or powerlifter, so don't train like them.

i was competing, it was the only thing i looked forward to and enjoyed after leaving the military.