Climbing bread

Started bouldering about three and a half months ago. Started out doing v1-v2. Now I can consistently climb v4 and am about to get my first v5. How is your climbing going user?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 265K)

I don't climb cause I'm not a skinnyfatfaggot hipster who hates real sports

also batman > spiderman

cope

Climbing is fun

Finally sending 10+'s/11-'s at my gym, but I'm on a pretty drastic cut so without any stamina I start falling after my first few routes. Next big step is to get lead belay certified so I can finally catch up to the rest of my friends and start enjoying outdoor climbing.

Attached: 1555218844914.png (934x1027, 1.41M)

I am also thinking of learning to lead climb. Seems pretty spooky starting out but looks fucking dope.

Spiderman's a fucking mutant scientist cameraman. Batman's just an angry orphan with a trustfund.

Unless you were a sport climber beforehand, if you can climb v5 after only 3.5 months, then your gym grading is pretty soft. Not trying to be an asshole but keep that in mind. Keep progressing user.

Climbing on a cut is brutal, keep up the volume though you'll reap the benefits quickly. Lead climbing is eons better than top roping, you'll enjoy yourself a lot more on the wall.

>be me
>240lbs
>struggle with this to the point of humiliation
Id love to get into climbing really hard, but god damnit, bodyweight isnt helping here.

pic related. fren on wall

Attached: Rock climb.jpg (1292x969, 240K)

Keep at it user. I believe in you.

It's probably gonna take me another month or two before I'm consistently climbing v5, but there's always that one problem that's easier than the others. My friend took a year to hit v5 at the same gym, but you never know I guess.

Climbing gyms here are $120 a month with no weight rooms (on top of $75 a month gym membership). Worth?

I love seeing big people climbing at the gym. Everyone who watches you is impressed that you try, believe me. Keep it up user

Yikes thats insane. I'd say unless you find yourself liking climbing more than lifting I'd hold off.

thx guys.

I really love climbing, its just hard to get into when weightlifting is primary. I could do a hefty cut, but atm im going for strongman and some PR's.

but, im at the gym 2x a month, nevertheless. I appreciate the encouragement :)

I'm a big fan of climbing as well. It supplements my lifting and really improved my grip strength. I like challenging bouldering problems but I find one of the best ways to improve rapidly is actually doing auto-belay climbs on 20ft+ walls. Really forces use to focus on endurance and strength in the hands, technique, etc. Since you're doing it for longer at any given climb your over all duration on the wall as opposed to staring at a really hard problem from the floor just skyrockets.

I generally climb at best V3 - 5.11c but do a lot of 5.10b/c for practice.

lmfao, bouldering gym v5 isn't a v5. why don't you go try some real boulders and report back

You're vaguely describing ARC training. Climbing easy stuff for like 15-20 minutes at a time without coming off the wall while maintaining light pump. It mostly reaps benefits on longer sport routes but also helps bouldering recovery. Be sure to do technique drills like silent / sticky feet while doing it though, don't wanna just be mindlessly climbing.

autobelay at gym would require me to rent a harness, and to be frank, when im climbing with budies, we stick to the boulder stuff.

but I can try a few longer routes at my gym, and see how it goes. Im just worried on long routes that my bodyweight is only going to work against me even more...

Yeah that's pretty steep, especially with no weight room. The only time I'd recommend getting a membership is if you'd be spending more money a month on day passes than you would be if you just got a membership

Ah, well I've got my own harness these days but back at my gym harnesses came with the session/membership.

That's true in some ways. But compared to bouldering each individual move is usually much less difficult. Especially on ez climbs. So you get more strength/endurance training. And generally I find that its much easier to effectively skittle on a top rope climb if you just want to exercise.

Yeah, i already train grip pretty intensively outside of climbing, so I get plenty of that. And I enjoy the challenge of bouldering (and as i mentioned, its cheaper) as its fun to do as a group.

but I appreciate the suggestion! I was just ranting DESU

I used to be somewhat dedicated to lifting, I went from 6' 165 lbs in high school to 180 a couple years later. Once I got into climbing, I realized that I really admire great climbers as opposed to serious lifters who I would write off as no-lifes. I wanted to be one of those old lean men I'd see at the crag which are strong like wild animals and clearly still fuck.

Whenever I get the urge to get big and muscular, then I just visit this board to remember that I don't wanna be another faggot who jerks off in his dormroom mirror. Crimp gains >> all

After years at the climbing gym, I climbed a handful of V9's if they were perfectly designed for my style, but it just doesn't translate to actual rock. I'm such ass at slab and crack a V3 send is a real victory.

Attached: 56640010_2652986314776549_9123150211953197056_o-e1554748182805-941x563.jpg (941x563, 60K)

PLASTIC
PULLERS
CAN'T
HANDJAM

Attached: 197851.jpg (533x800, 100K)

Consistently climb 10-
Consistently fail 10+
Talk about plateau in climbing!
Pic unrelated.

Attached: 759E2267-4356-40BD-9BCC-5E1D094B2107.jpg (500x611, 76K)

In my experience climbing seems to be more of an admiration and cooperation thing than a competition. When lifting weights I always think "I need to lift more than that guy or I'm weak". But when climbing I feel like everybody is working together to beat the wall.