Traveling to cure depression

Will this do me good? I basically only want to lift, cut and do cardio by walking around the city. Im sick and tired of being in my parents appartment, the same country, same people, same roads, same gym, same everything.

What is a good city to stay 3 months or so in? Tokyo? Barcelona? London? Seoul? Or should i just try all? Will this cure my depression or am i going to feel even more depressed because of being alone?

Attached: e12e6d7030ebca0bdd0df44575e3df1f.jpg (640x958, 67K)

it most likely will make it worse user

i've tried alot to help mine, volunteering, sex, alcoholism, mountain climbing, travelling
they didnt work for me

I also went through sex, alcohol, cocaine and prostitutes. They all made it worse obviously.

But i thought walking around an unknown city listenting to some calming music after the gym could do me good. Im just tired user. I need to change something before i unironically kms

Paris Syndrome
No.

The fuck is this user

Im not a japanese visiting paris?

you should give it a shot, it sounds like you dont have much left to lose

>Traveling to cure depression
No. When women travel it's to experience strange dick. As a male your best bet is to find solitude and maybe stop sucking so many dicks.

have sex incel

Same here

Bump

It should be renamed Paradise Syndrome

I have a pretty fulfilling job and just travelled for over a month. Im pretty social as well and picked up some friends from my travels. With all that said, none of it brought me any relief. The only thing that makes me happy is a new gym PR so im trying to keep that ball rolling as slow as possible

>volunteering

I've further lost faith in human beings tutoring those damn blind kids. Those little shits expect you to do their homework for them without putting in the effort to understand and solve the problem themselves.
I just sucked it up for my college resume good boy points.
But damn, it made me realize most people are lazy shits who will never put an effort in for anything in their lives.

try an animal shelter man
i fucking hate kids too, but cats arent so bad

I traveled around a few countries and it did wonders for my mental well being. My advice is only stay somewhere a short amount of time (whatever this may mean/is comfortable to you) and stay at hostels. DON'T get a private room and sign up for ALL of the activities they offer. Walking day tours, pub crawls, everything. Bounce around to different countries/cities nearby and keep doing this.

Coming back fucking blows.

Im not a normie user. I just want to lift in peace without seeing my disgusting town

There is a profound sort of loneliness traveling by yourself to another country. It will not cure depression. The problem is the person, not the place, you need to fix yourself.

Rip

I did this for a year, packed light with one backpack and bought a one way plane ticket with no plans of when or if I'd return. Check out workaway.info, or couchsurfing if you just need short term accommodation. I would advise you get out of cities but you do you. I ended up spending 6 months in Africa volunteering, overall enriching experience.

DO NOT, under any circumstances come back to the same life. Either try a new city, new place, new job, or something otherwise it'll hit you like a truck.

I should probably mention that I'm still depressed, but unlikely to kill myself and I have the outward appearance of having my shit together, able to fet out of bed in the morning etc. Overall an improvement I'd say, at least it did more than years of psychiatrists, prozac, and wellbutrin

The best thing you can do for your mental health is traveling, you will get fucking hooked on it.
Stay in hostels and get to know people, fuck some girls, it will be easier than you think.
Try them all man, do 1.5 months in Europe and another 1.5 in Asia.
You are VERY blessed by having this possibilty, trust me.
Know your blessing, and be grateful for EVERYTHING. That mindset will do you better than traveling itself, but a combination of both will have you changing your life forever

Try travelling by foot. Get a backpack, throw in some clothes, food for few days, pick a direction and walk. Find forest paths, and just walk. Travel across the country. Sleep in the open, find out how to make a simple tent. Bath in a river you find, wash your clothes there. Replenish supplies when you reach towns, but don't stay in them.

People used to make such pilgrims in old days. They carried walking sticks, piece of bread and water. That was all they had. You will be surprised how much you can learn about the country you live in by simple walking.

It is just a description of a misconception that people when they think the "grass is greener on the other side", only to realize upon arrival to the country, that no matter where you go, people are still as miserable as ever, just the scenery is a bit different.

Go travelling to a third world country that is safe.

This is great advice.

Try it all, it won’t cure it but you will learn a lot about yourself. 3 months is a long time so spend it traveling to different countries, for a few thousand you can travel cheap across different countries. I recommend south east Asia. Cheap and lots of solo travelers

OP when it comes to mental health solutions YMMV. Personally I enjoy traveling, more specifically I enjoy backpacking national parks for a week or two at a time. Overall I'm a person who enjoys solitude so it's nice to get away and be able to reflect on my current situation, where I've been and where I want to be.

The beautiful scenery and good exercise from spending a week or more in the back country is a nice little bonus for being out there.

Attached: 20190716_112609.jpg (4032x1960, 3.38M)

To add, just getting outside does wonders user, not to mention the memories you can create from visiting new cities and meeting new people.

Take a lot of pictures as well, that way you can have something to look back on and remember that the world isn't shit even though it may seem like it is.

Attached: 20190716_103344.jpg (4032x1960, 3.85M)

Depression is unique to each person, so no one can tell you how to cure yours, because your life story is what led you to the rut you're in.

That said, I cured my depression by quitting my job, selling everything I owned, and walking from Phoenix to Denver, then riding a bicycle from Denver to New York City over the course of a year. Doing something that remarkably miserable and challenging gave me a purpose and a direction to head toward each and every day, and that mindset is something I've carried with me since then.

A lot of people tell you not to do that, but i gotta tell you i had a similar experience not long ago. I was suffering from a depressive period of time, and i decided to leave my job and house for a week to a shore town and get myself a scuba diving course. I went all alone, and i had the best holiday ever and I didn't even leave my country. I also set this goal to myself to be as much social as i can, i met great people and they were all very impressed with the move i made, i think you should give it a try.

>What is a good city to stay 3 months or so in? Tokyo? Barcelona? London? Seoul?
The only thing that will happen is that you'll just stay in your apartment all day in these places. You have to make an effort to fix the problems within yourself

Just see a fucking therapist, jesus christ.
Why are so fucking many of you so scared to admit you have mental health issues to a person irl? You say it freely on fucking 4niggerchan where you get literally told to kys, but not to a certified mental physician who will literally work to help you.

Put your fucking pride away for 2 seconds and help yourself. Traveling won’t fucking fix your crippling self-image.

user, traveling alone made my anxiety worse.

just my experience, I had to come back home.

Those are beautiful images user, lots of respect for holding up.

Realise that travel can be good but it can also mean that you are running away from your troubles back home. I'd say 3 months is WAY too much, you'll soon feel empty and meaningless. Take a shorter break (2-3 weeks) to a sunny destination (so not London) OR since you're saying your tired of the same old shit back home, take a long break and start a new job in a different country

Literally just move to melbourne. Most liveable city so many times, next to the beach, fit girls, guys aren't dickheads for the most part.
Number one most Jow Forums city

You're better off walking in nature if you can.
For your cardio walking around a lot is pretty good, there's not much of a need for intense cardio if you don't wanna do it, HIIT and the like have its own benefits but if you don't care about them then you're not gonna miss out really.

If you got the money go to Tokyo or Seoul for something totally different. If not go to Barcelona. Don't bother with London it's nothing special.

The best thing you can do for your depression is to keep yourself busy with things you like and eventually you'll wonder why you were ever sad.

I traveled around the world for some months. I felt like i came back a more open and sociable person. I made lot of traveling friends, interesting people, fucked quite a lot and definitelly put me in a very good mood for some following months. Just try, it wont be bad to try new things.

comfy pics

>Paris syndrome is a condition exhibited by some individuals when visiting or going on vacation to Paris, as a result of extreme shock at discovering that Paris is different from their expectations. The syndrome is characterized by a number of psychiatric symptoms such as acute delusional states, hallucinations, feelings of persecution (perceptions of being a victim of prejudice, aggression, or hostility from others), derealization, depersonalization, anxiety, and also psychosomatic manifestations such as dizziness, tachycardia, sweating, and others, such as vomiting. Similar syndromes include Jerusalem syndrome and Stendhal syndrome.
>The condition is commonly viewed as a severe form of culture shock. It is particularly noted among Japanese travelers. It is not listed as a recognised condition in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
Fucking wow kek.

Attached: 1564719392558.jpg (585x629, 66K)