Pushups

Why does Jow Forums think this is a meme exercise?

Won’t it actually make you stronger as long as you keep raising the number you can do?

Attached: 3656E8FF-1297-4DF6-99A0-8CA7D11CC894.jpg (960x580, 58K)

because everyone here is too fat to do them so they make fun of people who can

Just doing push-ups is like half a boomer meme routine.
Why not at least try and get the progressive overload from harder variations?

At a certain point, unless you are doing weighted pushups, you are mostly training endurance, not strength. It still helps though.

Either way, won’t that make you more physically fit?

Ngmi. *Sips*

Attached: 1565768988621.png (646x618, 287K)

I do only pushups for chest (decline wide grip specifically) and have a pretty decent chest

Do delayed pushups. 3 seconds down and then 3 seconds on the push back up. Only pushups I do

Attached: EE0AF025-D73A-4640-A5E1-D525C5157EA8.jpg (558x800, 230K)

I cant do that many yetso i do a burpee variation where i do 1 pushup jump 2 pushups jump 3 pushups jump etc until i feel I cant hit the number then go back to 1 and repeat. Its pretty brutal.

it's a glorified plank

>not doing hindu pushups
c'mon muh figga

Attached: 1557451328274.jpg (1406x1229, 206K)

Depends on what you mean by fit. It’ll make you a twink, yes, but not a man.

ngmi, do explosive pushups

Theoretically push ups are better than bench press because they involved your entire body. They're also far safer. The problem is adding weight to a push up is extremely awkward.

How about both nigger

Nothing wrong with pushups, but they are a relatively low weight exercise (google says on average you are pressing 64% bodyweight), and if you want to do them weighted you have to put plates on your back which is a hassle to do alone. I guess you could do decline to get closer to bodyweight. Still, pressing your own bodyweight on bench is considered to be a sub-intermediate lifting milestone, something you should be able to do early on unless you are fat. So if you are into high rep sure, do pushups, but many people want to do low rep so prefer the possibilities offered by bench and bench variants.

Pullups are in a similar boat, but since you are pretty much lifting bodyweight doing one they have a higher set point. Plus doing weighted pullups is easier, just get a chain and thats it.

We have popular push up threads every day

When should i start adding weight to my pushups/pullups?
I can easily do 25 pushups in one go and about 7 or 8 pullups.

when you are at 25

Protip: Try doing pushup on an elevated bar and lower your chest as much as possible for that maximum chest gain

Or even better, try doing a suspended pushup

I have 15kg/33lbs dumbbells here, guess ill put one in a backpack and start doing pushups that way from now on

Yeah you should start doing decline pushups and add weight. As for pullups I would say get to doing 9 reps comfortably then add 5 pounds and go for 8 reps, rinse and repeat. Also make sure to take any changes in body weight into account if you are bulking/cutting etc.

Well think of it as functional strength the reason why we increase the weight is so things in our daily lives can get lighter but if you increase the amount of reps you do that doesn't really make you stronger or more faster it makes it so that you can do more pushups. For running increasing your stamina would make sense as you can go farther but for pushups there's never gonna be a point where you need to extend your arms for long periods of time unless you were an boxer or whatever but I'm gambling that u aren't

There's a pushup thread every day, what are you talking about?

Attached: 1554051846507.png (645x773, 11K)