Hey guys, is jogging considered a shit exercise? My therapist suggested it for my anxiety and depression...

Hey guys, is jogging considered a shit exercise? My therapist suggested it for my anxiety and depression. Right now I'm just going for long walks.

Attached: thumbnail_8-tips-beginner_1200x800-1024x683.jpg (1024x683, 86K)

>jogging considered a shit exercise
Yes, stick to walking. Or buy a bicycle if you can or want

It helped me atleast

Fuck off, you obese faggot! Jogging and running are great. You probably badmouth it, because you lack the mental toughness, that running/jogging requires, fat tard!

"Jogging" is shit.
Do either running or brisk walking

Post body

A 25 year old female Russian athlete got a hear attack from jogging

Long distance running is bad for your joints. Try this instead

forgot to post pic

Attached: jr.jpg (1280x1280, 326K)

Instead of asking a Mongolian sewing board for advice, listen to your therapist.

Yes, it does help btw. I like to bike, but jogging works just fine. It makes you feel better about yourself over time, and helps give you focus. You have to develop mental toughness to jog.

Gl user

That's retarded. I'm not a therapist, but my mom is, and part of the reason for the jogging is that it's good for the mind to go somewhere outside, especially with the sun out. This defeats the purpose.

Also the mental toughness bit. Also running is fine for your joints if you do it right.

> good for the mind to go somewhere outside
miss me with that gay hippy boomer shit. Have you ever seen a healthy looking marathon runner?

Coach to 5k then 5k to 10k then half marathon training.
Jogging is more important than lifting.ideally you should do both.
If you eat back calories burned from running you will not be stick thin like most marathon runners. Running 5 times a week adds an extra 600 calories a day for me.

That has nothing to do without being in the sun you mongoloid. But yeah, broscience>actual science

Attached: 1566409981585.png (496x448, 16K)

Jogging is shit, literally any cardio is better
Swimming > Rowing > Sprinting > Cycling (kills your balls) > Incline walking > Walking > Shit > Jogging

What about the endorphins?

they all generate endorphins. so does lifting

>is jogging considered a shit exercise?
it can be recreation, it can be chance to test yourself physically/mentally, just take your mind off things, help you be more athletic - you can do more fun activities.

if sole goal is training/weight loss, it is not most efficient and it can has risk of injuries but most forms of exercise will have risk of injury.

better than doing nothing, could be satisfying

20 minutes of cardio reverses effect of stress on brain

I prefer walking. Per hour, running burns only slightly more calories, and I don't find it enjoyable unless it is tied to sport. I can zone out better when walking or cycling, and it isn't as jarring as running.

How is a whale posting on Jow Forums?

Jump rope pill is the best pill

Fat faggots love going to an indoor exercise area full of other men.

I should know, I’m fucking jacked and I love fucking other guys in the butt.

That doest even sound gay at all

running is great user

I'm fit, I just don't like running. I can walk 5 or 6 miles wearing regular clothes and go into a store or restaurant without looking like a sweaty freak (weather permitting, of course), but running even a mile or two leaves me dripping sweat. Plus, there aren't many situations long distance, steady state running would we utilized; however, hiking, backpacking, hunting and innumerable other activities can be done for many hours at a walking pace. Running is for the purpose of capturing game or enemies,or evading danger. People who spend all day running are empty inside.

That’s a myth. It leads to improved joint outcomes in later life. The only time it’s bad is when people try to go from zero running to long distance running without giving their muscles and joints time to adapt

t. fat faggot

>My therapist suggested it for my anxiety and depression

what a terrible therapist

Why bro?

Jogging is great if you can do it, work up to it from your long walks if you want but take your time.
Long walks are absolutely fantastic too, so if you do those keep it up and try and do it everyday, bonus if you do it outside and in a green space like a park.
Keep up the great work with the walks user, we are all going to make it man.