/fast/ #480 Haters gonna hate edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
Fasting vs. Eating Less: What's the Difference? (Science of Fasting)
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.

>REQUIRED READING!
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2440847/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4111762/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/pdf/jcinvest00482-0014.pdf

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HERES WHY YOU AREN'T ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
Intermittent Fasting & Hunger - What the Science says
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg
>Tumors
Dr. Valter Longo - Fasting Cycles Retard Growth of Tumors
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
Google snake juice. Not strictly necessary, especially for short fasts (Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week. Also look up leangains.
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WON'T I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WON'T I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very MUSCLE SPARING when you fast.

Attached: hahahahaha.jpg (481x501, 18K)

Why is boogies face so red??

how do you guys deal with family members who are not supportive of your fasting?

or worse, family members who actively try to mess you up?

Going on my first fast, give me you tips brothers

Attached: IMG_3235.png (1136x640, 530K)

his face muscles are getting a workout from lifting his face fat when he smiles

why degenerates gain so much weight to begin with

liquid calories

Dude his smile is so fucked. It's legitimately hard to look at. It's inhuman.

>Lost 141lb since 2017
>notice that I still have a pretty huge saggy stomach, love handles but slim waist and nice upper body
>ask my brother aka trainer how he lost his love handles and stomach
>"years of slaving in the dungeons"

Don't tell me it actually takes a couple years to lose this fat?

>2!
you do know that 2 factorial is already 2, there was no need to make it factorial.
it's just redundant.
also im 18, a HS senior, and a bit of a fatty after playing football. I want a slim aesthetic look. But my mom won't let me fast, she say's i'll die and my brian'll stop working.
I just want that slim boy aesthetic bros. Also how will I get my nutrients?

First of all, stop eating like a fat ass and spend time doing cardio and focus on back and chest.

what do not fat asses eat? like turmkey samiches?

can anyone explain why it is that you lose weight when you eat maintenance on omad?

keep busy and take your electrolytes
AND DONT COME BACK HERE CRYING ABOUT BEING HUNGRY

Can you drink plain coffee during a fast or just water?

boogie motivates me in a weird way in that i dont want to be a massive cope like he is

Eat actual food and not junk food. Drink lots of water and make sure to work on back, chest and last alot.

how much fat can you burn in a 3 day fast?

Lats. And to answer your second question just buy lean meat or chicken breasts. Drink a huge glass of water before every meal.

Focus on eating egg whites (or whole eggs), oatmeal with sugar free syrup, chicken breast, broccoli, onion, tomato, spinach, mixed veggies, whole wheat tortillas, avacados.

Just avoid eating bad shit and in 6-9 months you'll definitely see progress but don't forget to have a cheat day every 2 weeks.

Attached: D4D175DC-75CC-46E5-919E-65E71DCBFEEE.jpg (225x225, 26K)

some day, user

Came up with a new IF schedule that is working for me. Instead of 16-8s which are worthless I’ve been doing a 16hr fast, meal, 16hr fast, meal, 16hr fast, meal, etc. Basically OMAD, except the timing is working better for me than OMAD has in the past.

When you dramatically reduce your calorie intake, you will lose weight. But it can also cause all kinds of health problems, including muscle loss. Further, when you start fasting, your body goes into conservation mode, burning calories more slowly.

Keep in mind that the initial weight lost on a fast is primarily fluid or "water weight," not fat. And when you go back to eating, any lost weight usually gets a return ticket back. Not only do most people regain weight lost on a fast, they tend to add a few extra pounds because a slower metabolism makes it easier to gain weight. Worse, the weight that is regained is likely to be all fat -- lost muscle has to be added back at the gym.

except you will not get the benefit of having a scheduled day
how on earth does that timing work better for you unless you're a neet

You will lose anything in between 1.5kg and 3kg, for me its usually 0.7 kg a day, depends mostly on your TDEE

How do you lads fit your poop schedule in with your fasting? I can never seem to take a good or consistent dump without food entering my system which means during IF I can no longer count on my morning pre-shower dump.

It might sound silly but having to poop at work at erratic times Is the biggest deal breaker here.

This is complete horseshit, not even once on any of my multiple 7 days fast, have i regained a single fucking digit of weight, just stay at a 1k deficit and at most you will stale for the 1st week after a fast, meaning, if you lost 5kg in your 1 week fast, you might not see the scales go down again in another week.

I almost dont exercise anymore, so low TDEE Ye?

does anyone get really loud stomach or intestine growls when they fast? they happen at the second day and it's way too embarrassing when I'm in class

btw isnt most kg water weight in 3 days?

is it true snake piss fasting causes hair loss

cope

Attached: 1549336124997.png (768x1024, 1.39M)

Always calculate your tdee as sedentary unless you go to the gym 5 days a week or engage in any hobbies that require you to actually do some kind of exercise

You cant only burn water in 3days, some of it will of course be water, but the rest will be actual fat, just keep at it, its a long journey and remember to do cico the days you are not fasting.

Weightloss in general will cause hairloss no matter what since you are putting extra stress on your body, im not sure how much it compares to normal cico but as long as you dont stay in ketosis for retarded amounts of time, lets say, 2 weeks at a time, it should be more or less the same as cico.

i'm planning a 5 days fast 2 days refeed, is it fine
i got a 3/10 face so my thick hair and no sign of hair loss is all i have

>scheduled day
like just eat when you want to, man. And it’s not like I eat every 16hr on the hour, my last fast was 28hr just because I was busy doing shit. 16hr is just my minimum time between meals.

>Further, when you start fasting, your body goes into conservation mode
meme

If you have no signs of hairloss then most likely you wont lose any hair, it mostly occours on people that already show some symptoms of it, stay motivated man, remember that the worst day its the 1st where you still feel hunger.

thanks bro, that was very helpful and was indeed the confidence and motivation boost i needed right now
gonna carry on with my plan

>Used to fast 36 hours easy
>Haven't fasted in 2-3 weeks
>Doing a simple 36 hour fast is tough now ;_;
fuck

I've done a couple of fasts for 3-4 days in the past, but I always got diarrhea and headaches at some point.

Been doing ADF since the start of this week, and it's really comfy and sustainable, no real downsides compared to eating normally apart from occasional hunger pangs and slightly less energy. Lost 4 lbs so far. Good enough mental clarity to write software, too.

Attached: tan_sin.jpg (460x439, 49K)

Just make it a rule to not eat anything that has sugar or syrup added to it. Check all the labels, you'll quickly see that most processed and non-traditional food is a no-go.
Go make yourself a meal using fresh ingredients.
My personal go-to meals are:
Bacon and eggs with garlic and bell pepper, alongside an avocado for the potassium

Chili con carne with plenty of red chilis for the vitamin c (for the "carne" part I like to use steak slices)

Sauerkraut with kassler -- eat some of the kraut raw for extra probiotics

Grünkohl (kale) with Pinkel or Knackwurst

And for a sweet treat when I want to carb up: Put two eggs and a banana into a blender, pour the result into a pan to make banana pancakes, then put some maple syrup on them.

Attached: Kasseler-mit-Sauerkraut-und-Kartoffelpueree-4e2d20e390f0f.jpg (1200x630, 82K)

I don't know how to cook. I can make a fried egg and toast.

Check if the bread has sugar

bread is turned into sugar by amylase

if you can fry an egg, you can fry a pork chop or chicken breast. look up on youtube how to stir fry chicken and vegetables and you can learn how to do it in 5 minutes. cooking is not difficult, you are just controlling heat: low, medium, high, and time.
download '4 hour chef' and learn to cook. bodies are made in the kitchen is a phrase that has some truth.

I sho loves not eating
glad this thread exists so I can share this

Why do people look at pictures and videos of food when they're fasting? That sounds like torture
I just try to avoid anything food-related, out of sight out of mind

some people find it helps with their hunger oddly enough
i get its similar when you get to that point fasting on a extended where you can smell food, say damn that smells good, and it doesn't tempt you

Do you guys ever jump into a water fast when the last meal you had was junk food? I've always been the type to start a fast with a lot of fibre, fruits and veg. I can imagine the detox is stronger but do you still receive the same benefits if so?

Yes and no.
>Yes
it won't kick you out of ketosis.
>No
it will stop your autophagy process.

So if you'd like to lose weight, plain coffee might help yet if your goal is cellular level cleansing and rejuvenation you'd better stick with plain water.

Attached: 1540131788479.jpg (394x329, 26K)

I'M SO FUCKING HUNGRY, BUT I NEED TO WAIT UNTIL I WAKE UP TOMORROW FOR MAXIMUM FAT LOSS REEEEE

Attached: 7dn74Nj.gif (350x266, 1.72M)

Thanks based German bro

FACT: 99.9% of fit healthy individuals accomplish their goals by eating healthy appropriately-sized portions of food, and working hard everyday.

I'm not anti-fasting (especially for people who are hugely obese and have binge eating disorders), and I have even completed a few very short fasts to challenge my willpower. And I'm glad you all have found your niche and you're all trying to make it..

But some posters ITT who act like fasting on salt water only, for 30 days at a time, for the rest of your life, is the only way to lose weight and be Jow Forums, are brainwashed and narrow minded fools. These posters spend way too much time on youtube watching videos (by posters with credentials/souces you don't vet), and buy it as Gopel. (No different from a cult member or a religious individual.) Take what these posters say with a grain of salt. You should go outside and socialize and spend more time with actual humans living in society, and talk with the Jow Forums people you meet. Ask them what they do to stay in shape. 99% of them will not say they do prolonged snake juice fasts. Try suggesting long term snake juice fasts to Jow Forums people you meet in your day to day life. Get some feedback from Jow Forums people you see in real life, rather than someone posting at a computer.

1/2

Attached: 1540004944688.jpg (443x455, 96K)

2/2

If you're new to these fasting threads, just be sure to take everything you read with a grain of salt. No one responding to you is a medical professional and just because they watched some video doesn't make the information contained within it correct. Every person is different but 99% of fit and healthy individuals eat healthy and workout daily and don't ever need to try drastic crash diets.

Trial and Error is your friend. Try out a routine for a few months, and if that doesn't work, try something different. I believe Fasting is a last resort after you've tried everything you can.

And NEVER fast because you think it's the easy way out. Many fasters ITT are only fasting because they are too lazy to work hard. Sweating and working out is hard. Cooking homemade healthy food and meticulously tracking your food intake is hard work. Don't chose to fast just because you want to be lazy and lay around all day, because once you finally start to eat again, you will gain back any weight you lost frok living a lazy sedentary lifestyle. Start developing active healthy habits NOW. Dont chose to be lazy your entire life.

Thanks for reading. And be safe. We're all going to make it (but most dont need snake juice fasting to make it)

Attached: pb.jpg (165x306, 10K)

>go outside

Attached: IMG_0423.png (999x657, 882K)

mind not spamming here?

>FACT: fasting does not teach discipline
>FACT: you will gain back all weight lost once you go back to your fatass fatty pig ways
ftfy

if those posters spend way too much time on YouTube, you spend way too much time reposting this

I haven't eaten in five days. I feel so empowered. I'm praying to the Goddess Ana every day for the strength to avoid food. I'm going to be so thin. Gonna look amazing

Attached: 8allp1fj56m01 (1).jpg (638x749, 96K)

uh what? source for the last point? ive only heard the opposite

Fasting is best used as a way to encourage behaviour which leads to a calorie deficit.

I really want booger1488 to die like in the memes.

Seems like a disingenuous piece of shit and genuinely think the world will be better off without him.

>but there's always another Ethan Klein

Does water fasting really ruin your fertility and metabolism? Sorry if it's a stupid question, just want to be sure

It's quite opposite there are online testimonials women got pregnant after water fasts of sorts similar goes for men too you can have rock solid erections after water fast cleansing.

This is a wholesome approach cuz your body is a whole an organisms AN ORGANISM what goes for your gut goes for your toe and also goes for your benis or your bagina too

Attached: images (6).jpg (554x554, 27K)

Strict water fasters says that (drink only water don't drink anything other than water) I know researchers say the opposite I dunno I just wanna echo them there and what's the point of drinking coffee is you aim for the health results?

clearly you are not eating maintenance

also if you fast and reefed keto the next fast round will be more effective without the water weight

So it pretty much make you more fertile and gives you better erections? Alright that's nice man

Have about 10 lbs to lose till I'm ripped as shit. Do you think alternative day fasting (36-48 hours) is a good method? My refeeds will be about 500 calories of steak.

>This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very MUSCLE SPARING when you fast
How true is this? If I were to lightly bulk for five days (or more) and fast for the remaining two, would I build muscles while losing fat? Sounds impossible to me

Opened ubereats the other night and almost caved but I somehow resisted.
Keep grinding guys

Attached: 20190824_140732.jpg (1440x2887, 505K)

Do those fake teeth come off? I want to see him smiling with just those metal studs in.

Attached: RichardKielJaws.jpg (1200x680, 127K)

What's that app called?

Hello faggots, tomorrow I start my hopefully final extended fast. In 5 days I'm also getting my yohimbine and caffeine. Anyone else got experience with this? The plan is take 20mg yohimbine and 200mg caffeine in the morning, go for a walk and then go about my day chugging juice as normal.

Zero calories-fasting tracker for weight loss

I feel like shit and cant focus lol fuck this

>fasting for more than 18 hours
for what purpose

The coffee will get you pumped a bit and then you're ready to go the gym, get the fasted weights and cardio in bros.

Nice digits, surely you'll reach your goal.

weight loss,

dry fasted for about 30 hours and i was struck by how i wasn't all that thirsty by the end. 3 hours later i've only been able to down about 1 liter of snake juice when normally i can suck down 2 like it's nothing.

Bros my heart rate is 52 right now (like 48 hours into the fast), is that good or should I take something to speed up metabolism?

you have now entered the chill zone

what is it normally? it's probably fine

Normally it's around 60. It being low doesn't bother me in of itself, but if I took caffeine or something wouldn't that make me burn fat faster?

you're already doing enough just by fasting. coffee is fine, don't go mad with caffeine. just get the snake juice in you in a couple of days if you keep going.

Attached: 1566584961099.jpg (249x239, 22K)

Sounds like you're drinking too much salt water. Salt water will make you shit quite erratically. Drink less overall, or pick specific times when you drink it.

I got these before. A lot of bacterial digestion continues despite fasting. Aside from this, the salt water releases gases when it neutralizes acids found in your system. Drink less of it or drink it at specific times. Additionally, large influxes of salts at a given time will flood your intestines with water in order to balance the salt concentration. This will also cause rumbling as it rushes through your digestive tract.

>tfw Bloated face
It's mostly about the cheeks and I think that water retention is causing it.
How do I deal with it? Drink a lot of water?

how many days should i fast if i'm at 41% body fat and want to be at 18ish?

>How true is this?
wondering this too, I don't want to lose any muscle mass I'm already pretty weak

dr;ne

>5th day into fast
>hunger is gone and i'm feeling great
i think i'm gonna make it lads