Okay Reddit, am I the asshole?

Okay Reddit, am I the asshole?

Guy was doing sumo rack pulls in the rack in front of me.
Dropping the bar after every rep. The bar is whipping around like crazy when it hits the safeties.
I tell the guy that he is going to damage the bar, and suggest he does block pulls instead (he was only pulling from about 2 inches), explaining that he was using one of the few decent bars in the gym (one with needle bearings rather than shitty bushings).
He thanks me, but continues doing the same thing.

He was only pulling lmao3pl8, so it might not have been doing that much damage. And it's no like it's MY personal bar. But it just frustrates me when people don't respect gym equipment.

Thoughts?
Any other pet peeves in the gym?

Attached: RackPulls-768x513.jpg (768x513, 56K)

This lift looks like it is designed to hurt your back

And you’re not the asshole, fuck people intentionally slamming weights

>slamming 3pl8
>ISHYGDDT

Attached: 91F168B6-7626-4AB5-8174-BC99A0768A74.jpg (348x195, 34K)

Should have sucked his dick

did you try kicking him in the balls?
based
if someone did that to me I'd be convinced to what they're saying

should have reported him to staff for intentionally damaging equipment

Any slammer not doing 1-3 reps at 2/3/4/5 kinds of levels is an asshole.
Any more reps and you should lower the weight slowly, any lower weight and you shouldn't be attempting to lift it in the first place if you can't control it enough to set it down.

Attached: One less share.jpg (497x617, 40K)

if you think dropping/slamming weights does anything to them you're retarded

Dropping weights on the floor is ok, op is talking about dropping it on the safeties, which can fuck up the barbell

This but instead 3/4/5

AITA?
This guy purposely sat on the seated calf row to get a front row view to watch me squat. I usually try not to think anything of guys being subtle cause creeps, since I'm usually the strongest girl at the gym 99% of the time, and it wouldn't be right for me to think I don't attract any attention. BUT while I was recording myself do a top set this guy just fuckin screams "THAT WASN'T BAD" which was also in the video and I was pissed off because I didn't ask for his opinion and he was obviously looking at my ass since he was behind me. When he screamed that out loud I just said thanks but would I have been the asshole if I said "I didn't ask for your opinion".

Also OP I don't think you're an asshole for that. I get pissed too when I see someone ruin a good thing for everyone. Like any person that leaves weights on the bench/row/power rack is a deal breaker for me. I instantly think they're rude and have no gym manners. I also remember them as such.

Attached: 1565647757071.png (600x600, 291K)

Ask him when he's going to move on to big boy weights next time he's on the machine, user.

I agree with on the leaving weights on thing. Fuck those cunts.

Attached: ABREak.jpg (328x400, 35K)

You are recording in a public place, you have no right to be mad at anyone making any sound while you're recording

you are unbelievably braindead if you think THAT was what she was mad about

Gyms are private property, not public.

Why didn't you just tell him the classic "have sex, sweaty, are you an incel?"

>this lift

A rackpull, user.

3 plate will definitely damage the barbell when dropped on the pins, rack pull is a retarded exercise

Thanks guys, glad you agree. Most shit doesn't really irk me. I don't like it when people load the weight tree incorrectly but not enough to say something to them.

Thanks. But I have to say, your problem doesn't sound like that big a deal. Just ignore the guy. No need to be snarky to people.

are you retarded? this looks like a stiff leg off a rack but the bar is so far forward it would fuck you back with any amount of weight.

That's because the one who made the sketch knows jack shit. Rackpulls are a partial deadlift

>AITA?
Go back

They're private property serving the public and the only person/people capable of asserting private property rights are the gym owner(s). Kinda like how your friend Bob can't come over to your house during a cookout he was invited to and start spouting off about private property rights. Likewise, your ability to assert private property rights are diminished depending on your juridstiction if you invited a person in, something which businesses do inherently with the public unless they have bouncers or posted signs saying who's not allowed service.

made me look up what aita was what the fuck

based THAT WASN'T BAD guy

I enjoyed that movie.

Attached: images (28).jpg (477x268, 19K)