NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST TRAIN THE SAME MUSCLE 2 DAYS IN A ROW YOURE GOING TO OVERTRAIN

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST TRAIN THE SAME MUSCLE 2 DAYS IN A ROW YOURE GOING TO OVERTRAIN

Attached: 1566074863718.jpg (196x250, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=30hEw65kYeA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm sorry, what was that user?
I was too busy training the same muscle 2 days in a row.

Attached: megachad.jpg (1068x601, 56K)

How many muscles are there anyway
So many like wtf

why would you even want to train the same muscles 2 days in a row

haha muscles like what even are they

Full body workouts

are full body workouts just a meme? I can't decide what's the best split every forum and article has a different opinion

... are done with a day of rest in between

DO. WHAT. WORKS. FOR. YOU.
Basics are basics. Everyone needs to follow that. But when it comes to doing this or that, experiment until you find what gives you the best results. Be patient. Your body is your canvas, the gym is your oyster, weights are your tools, and your workout plan is your paint. Paint away, boy. Always remember to have fun.

Depends which muscle desu. Pullups and abs can be fine daily

Not always. Barbell Medicine has full body routines 4 days a week on Mon/Tue/Thur/Fri

holy shit you sound like a fag fucking kill yourself nigger

Muscles grow when they are recovering you complete fucking retards.

Training the same muscles everyday is undoubtedly suboptimal

Optimism and a positive outlook on life makes the process easier. Try it sometime. Being an edgy pessimistic faggot doesn't make you special.

>instructions unclear
>painted raw oyster mush all over my toolbox

If you're between the age of 14 and 26 you can train like crazy and you won't have a problem. Muscle recovery and growth are going to depend on how fast your body can dump growth hormones into your blood stream. During this age range you'd be stupid to think training muscles two days in a row is overkill. What do you think athletes do btw? 4 day spilt?

If you're working out light enough to do two days in a row with the same results, you need to up the ante

No one said that retard. You need to know when to let muscles rest and recover in order to optimize growth. It's also for safety reasons as well, if you're benching everyday knowing that you're sore, the chance of a tendon snapping is likely. Depending on how intense your workout is, if you're sore a day after training a certain muscle, I would train it lightly to integrate more blood flow, until it has semi-fully recovered which usually takes 5 - 7 days.

you sound gay, stop coming here

Attached: 1416585768811.jpg (453x500, 46K)

>COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNG

It's true though, you'll just overtrain if you train the same muscle two days in a row.

I'll be coming here everyday with twink threads and tranny thot threads just to piss you off

wtf based?

You can start with a fullbody workout then train lagging parts or stuff you struggle with on a separate day.

Well, you can't go all out erry day without overtraining. It's fine to train the same muscle multiple days in a row, you just need to balance volume and intensity.

They are just some retard shitposters, report and ignore.

Do you suck cocks individually, or do you just let them jerk off inside your open mouth at the same time?

ty

Attached: 12684677536.png (813x781, 727K)

squishyboi.

youtube.com/watch?v=30hEw65kYeA

I'd rather overtrain than undergain

Attached: 1564249889039.jpg (1828x1188, 245K)

>eats glass

Aside from doing some Bulgarian light stuff, it's the only "split" that takes advantage of the novice training adaptation. After you finish your novice gains (you want this to be as long as possible because intermediate/advanced literally means less gains) you move on to what works best for you and your goals. Even Rippetoe says 4 days are beneficial for the extra recovery they give.

Yeah some muscles recover quicker but just generally this works and it's already more frequency than 90% of people in the gym get.

Great way to make no progress
Luckily you're too weak to overtrain

The faggots posting this pic, specially on threads like this should consider roping seriously. This is /v/ tier, go back to plebbit 2

>I've got one more for you right here bb

Is this a pasta?

Attached: 6d5c1eb0.jpg (255x255, 8K)

Post body, hot shot

Overtraining quite literally kills gains though, even without any associated injuries, according to Seyle's stress adaptation model; you've worked so much that you've damaged your body to a point it can't recover from, thus have lost gains
While undertraining is also bad, overtraining is counterproductive at best

you retard, thats how many tooths you have

All these idiots talking about overtraining while I'm benching 4x a week, squatting 3x, and deadlifitng twice, and still seeing gains on a cut

Fucking how? God damn I'm so jelly.

>sleeping 8-12 hours a night
>24 hours between workouts

I n-need more time to rest ;_;

People underestimate sleep, sleeping 9-10 hours a day gave me massive gains

dilate

sleep is absolutely king. DONT LET THE GAINS GOBLIN STEAL YOUR SNOOZING HOURS

It literally doesnt matter.
The only important part is that youre hitting every muscle again within 3 days of the last time.
I doubt any of you faggots work hard enough and have strict enough form to get the problems associated with working a muscle too hard.

Of course. Sleeping well and getting after it every day twice a day is what got me gains. Lower in the afternoon and Upper in the evening. One main compound lift for each workout and a few accessories directly related to that lift. Every workout was a PR attempt, then 3 to 5 working sets with the main lift. I wasn't perfect, and I missed 3 full days and did one workout instead of two several times over a period of five months. The definition of overtraining, yet I didnt get injured and kept getting stronger.

Good sleep, diet and programming?
It's not that complicated

This, currently at their hypertrophy 2 program. Benching 4x a week is comfy.

based voice of reason poster

Attached: 1559414013651.jpg (227x222, 6K)

How do you paint with an oyster

From everything I've read it's way easier to overtrain, it doesn't take much to initiate protein synthesis in a musccle, just so long as you always lift with no less than 40% of your max.

Roid user here.

I used to train the same muscle group within 48 hours of each workout. I was doing high volume sets (think 5 sets of 12-15 for squats, leg extensions, and leg press).

I found that it killed my joints and I wasn't really making huge gains. Decided to drop back my volume, lift heavy for 3-5 reps on compounds with 10-12 on accessories, only once a week. I'm doing an Oly lifting routine so while I might have a dedicated legs, chest, and arms days, they are all getting LIGHT work almost every day. I'm breaking plateaus like never before this way.

To sum up - you shouldn't lift the same muscle group heavy within 48 hours of each workout. Doing light accessory work will work the muscle a bit and get blood flowing which will remove lactic acid and aid in recovery, which I think is optimal for gains. But if you're hitting the same muscle group heavy before your body is fully recovered, you're just causing microtears before they can even heal. You're basically feeding a fed horse.

>t. roiding med student

Attached: 1566627447484.jpg (872x867, 381K)

Overtraining in general is a massive meme and not possible unless you chronically undereat or under sleep

>Muh cns !!11

hahahaha

Attached: 1543259588520.jpg (478x480, 51K)

This is solid advice. Thanks user!

>you shouldn't lift the same muscle group heavy within 48 hours of each workout. Doing light accessory work will work the muscle a bit and get blood flowing which will remove lactic acid
Behold the results of affirmative action.

Unless you're not eating and sleeping right you're almost certainly not overtraining. You can do more than one set of DLs. You can add accessories to whatever LP you're doing. As a newbie I did 531 for beginners including the 50-100 reps of push, 50-100 of pull and 25-50 of core/single leg after the 16 sets of compounds with 0 issues recovering.

It's a quote from Dom mazetti you retards

Attached: 1564359359718.jpg (250x207, 8K)

>suboptimal
you dont need to be "optimal" if your max bench is 1.5pl8, you just need to eat, sleep, and actually try

Flamboyant, but correct.

Maxing out his noob gains

>tfw I like training legs but I get the best results from only doing squats and deadlifts

I used to do two leg days like

Squat
Deadlift variant
Leg press
Lunge
Leg extension
Hamstrings

And I was stalled out hard making no gains. Switched to only doing

Squat day (2x/week)
>squat 5x5
>Ab rollouts

Deadlift Day
>deadlift to 1-3rm, 3x5 backoff sets
>safety bar squats

Legs grew and increased squat by 40kg in 5 months. I miss the pump though

Pay no mind to the cynical shitposters, based wholesome user. Lifting should be fun!

Attached: tumblr_pomo80r88p1uzwbyjo4_500.gif (500x281, 489K)

You can only do this shit if you only do a few sets of a few reps per muscle group, otherwise youre just weaker the 2nd day.

Gay but utterly correct.

For example if you did a shit ton of squats on monday at high intensity and then did deadlifts on tuesday, you deadlift will be weak and shitty.

Can you induce hypertrophy in non-skeletal muscles? Like, could I get a jacked tongue if I worked it out?

No

That's not an argument

based

maximum gains

do biceps every day for big arms bro

Some muscle groups can handle more volume. Upper back is an example.

What a fucking faggot

Well you can't if you want to see growth.

and the barbell is your paintbrush, and the gymthots are your pallet