What's next?

Weight has stagnated through 2019, supposedly been on a low calorie diet (felt hungry quite a lot) but haven't lost additional weight. Been unsure about progress.

I am on 5/3/1 (per thefitness.wiki/routines/5-3-1-for-beginners/) and I am doing the three day routine, but going 4-5 times a week.

My lifts have gradually improved throughout the year, but have recently stopped. Clearly my squat is low- I am trying to improve my form and go slowly.

Where next? Do I keep cutting? Start bulking? Change program?

Been bouncing around on the 'edge' of deciding to quit the cut and start a bulk, and as you can see it's causing slow results.

Attached: Body-update.jpg (1230x1358, 369K)

Other urls found in this thread:

renaissanceperiodization.com
jtsstrength.com/
startingstrength.com/article/into-the-great-wide-open-the-texas-method-and-5-3-1
exrx.net/WeightTraining/Weightlifting/RussianSquatProgramGenerator
exrx.net/WeightTraining/Weightlifting
youtu.be/ifNJ0pZpmx0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I am doing the three day routine, but going 4-5 times a week.
The people on this board are so fucking stupid

How the fuck are all of your 1RM so low?

do the 3 day routine 3 days a week retard or you'll eventually overtrain. What is your height.

Should mention my goal is pic related

Attached: 13090107_10153623282260003_988662798_n.jpg (556x565, 52K)

Height? I've been trying to lose weight since forever lifting like you and I've lost 30kg. 10kg left to hopefully look like you, so about 6 months hopefully

My squat form is shit, I'm not confident with any of my exercises.

I feel like I'm not working hard enough, but at the end of my workout when I do the FSL 5x5 I can't do more than 6 reps.

Thank you for the advice- I'll start doing precisely that.

My height is 6"1'.

Why don't you try a real routine? You've been working out 3 years but can't squat 100kg? You don't see a problem with this?

>following someone elses routine that has zero knowledge of your existence

Nigga just learn yourself. Fuck around with your foot placement, meal times, composition, pre workout meal, try 8 different kinds of curls and figure out which gets you the juiciest pump. i dont understand how people can be this fucking boring. i would shoot myself if I followed 5/3/1. like nigga u already pay taxes and cant grab titties when you feel like. why would you invite more rules into your life. FUCK

Everything is low, especially your deadlift. See a PT and ensure your form is correct then push harder

>do the 3 day routine 3 days a week retard or you'll eventually overtrain

Attached: soy quote.jpg (640x591, 96K)

do you actually do deadlifts? there's no way your 1rm can be that low, you're probably underestimating it or not trying hard enough.

Got it. I'll start going 3 days a week and see a PT about form.

I think it's quite possible I'm underestimating it, yes. I've previously done, like, 5 reps of 110kg I think?

I need to properly address my program and my maximum lifts, but I'm unsure where to start.

Hence this thread.

You will overtrain if you're a beginner

>1:1 bench/squat
>having a """goal body"""
What's next for you is gear. Hopefully it'll nuke your sperm.

Go on, post your body and lifts mate

Not that guy, but I've been working out 7 weeks, skinny fat and my Deadlift 1RM is 120KG and Squat is 100KG
You have a long way to go

I agree, hence the thread, hence why I'm literally asking for WHAT WAY TO GO

>3 years
OP, im also 6'1 - cut down from 115kg to 70 then up to 79 now, you gotta look at your programming and volume mate, even when doing T H E P R E S S once a week I hit 60 for 4. at your bodyweight you should have a MUCH higher squat and deadlift. Try switching to sumo maybe if its your height - I found being a tallfag means my deadlift was weaker when done conventionally vs sumo.

Just do SS

>you gotta look at your programming and volume mate
That's literally what I am doing- here. now. posting here. asking for what to do.

Go on a 2 month maintenance to stabilize your weight and set a new set point. Bulking without a maintenance phase has risks of putting fat on again once you start. Maintain - gain, cut maintain gain repeat for ever. There is a good on it called Renaissance Diet2. quick read and available fro download if you know where.

For programs you can pretty much do whatever intermediate program you want to do. Do something with more volume 531. Great progress by the way, you look really fucking good.

PPLPPL
PHUL
Fullbody
Brosplit
PPUL
all these are viable routines, figure out how much free time you have and then make sure youre hitting the muscles and lifts the recommended 60-140 working reps per week.

Also sleep. Its that easy. read up on how proper programming works and get a understanding of the logic behind growth and routines and youll find it easier to break though moments like these.

Attached: 1540150401832.png (1440x1680, 1.49M)

>p-post body....
Lmao, you look ok despite your training, not because of it.
As I said, what's next for you is hopping on the bicycle so you can look like some instaboi. You're weak and insecure, you have a lot of /fraud/ potential.
You're also a complete retard who's doing 5/3/1 with baby numbers.
>I am on 5/3/1 and I am doing the three day routine, but going 4-5 times a week.
>0/1/1/2
Fucking why, why would you do that? Twenty something former lardass who thinks he knows best. You're the cancer that killed this board.

No, dipshit, I'm saying either contribute or shut up.

I know I'm shit, that's why I posted shaming myself asking for advice. If you're not willing to pony up the admission for the ticket, don't bother posting.

531 is a legit routine

For bodybuilding templates these is highly regarded, renaissanceperiodization.com

For a short and quick intro to lifting and some good programs (both bodybuilding and powerlifting) then the ebook Eric Helms - Muscle and Strength Pyramid is pretty good. Also check out Kaizen's programs. Helms and omar etc.

For power lifting this is quite popular choice for templates and information jtsstrength.com/

Jeff Nippard's hypertrophy routines are also pretty good.

You can find all of that for free with some googling.

No it isn't
startingstrength.com/article/into-the-great-wide-open-the-texas-method-and-5-3-1

Not reading this retarded shit. Do you have actual arguments?

How the fuck do you look like that with those lifts?
I look like shit with bigger lifts

Attached: _20190630_003810.jpg (1776x1352, 344K)

>I look like shit with bigger lifts
Are you proud of this or what?

No, I'm asking how the fuck does he look like that

hi just passing by to tell you overtraining is a meme, bye guys

Maybe because he is not fat I don't know have you ever thought about that?

I don't know, he weighs the same as I do

Why are you doing 5/3/1 with those baby numbers? Why didn't you do SS or GSLP?
Why did you do a 3day program over 5 days?
How old are you that you think you can look like someone else?
How long have you been lifting for?
>I want to become stronger and bigger, what do I do?
Bulk up and do a legit strength routine for beginners. That means starting with the bar and only doing 10-15 sets per workout, no vanity bullshit.
>I want to look like some g4p fuckboy
Chest flyes, maybe become a labrat and take sarms, I don't know.

>Bulk up and do a legit strength routine for beginners. That means starting with the bar and only doing 10-15 sets per workout, no vanity bullshit.
>>I want to look like some g4p fuckboy
>Chest flyes, maybe become a labrat and take sarms, I don't know.

Useless wankery nonsense, thanks muchly user

Let me know when any of you have a legitimate recommendation

How old are you?

Do a proper strength/powerlifting program. You don't have to, and really can't, train too many things at once. Focus on strength for a while and then go back to hypertrophy

What do you want to do? You're at a point now where you have some freedom to define what progress is.
The reason your squat is bad is likely related to how you're 6'1" and under 80kg. If you've got long legs, you have to hit them differently in order to get some strength, and you have to put on a lot of muscle there. You shoulder start by trying to put on some additional muscle mass, at a pace that you're comfortable with.
If you really want to huff the squat smoke, join your 6'2" brother in Olympic weightlifting. Your flexibility will improve, your back will inflate, and your legs will love it - you may still need to target them with accessories like belt squats, though.

PLEASE

SUGGEST

PROGRAMS

PLEASE

LINK

TO

GUIDES

exrx.net/WeightTraining/Weightlifting/RussianSquatProgramGenerator

Do this. You clearly lack lower body strength

People have already suggested Rippetoe's Starting Strength. This is an excellent suggestion. It's well tested with a lot of success from people who actually do it. Do that at a calorie surplus and you'll be fine.

>My height is 6"1'.
your natty max should be about 30 more pounds of lean muscle at your height but you're making good progress.

Bench is good for reps but mediocre for a 1 rm, try and hit what you're doing for more reps if oyu can. Squat is not good for your level of fitness, I think you can go up but I'm gonna guess it's your form and over training that's fucking you on this one. Start checking form , compare to pro lifter form, make sure you're eating right, getting sleep, and enough calories.

>not reading this retarded shit
It was written by an actual doctor who has placed top 5 at raw nationals; which is better than anyone who has ever actually ran 5/3/1

exrx.net/WeightTraining/Weightlifting
>"Russian Squat" Routine
>This program has been around for a long time. It is rarely used with any of our athletes as we believe our other training models are more effective.
cyкa блять

Your body is 1000000x times better than mine, but I've been lifting sreriously for about 10 months and most of my 1rms are better than yours.

Fuck, would happily swap strength for looking strong though, bulkings turned me from twig to twig with stomach.

I'm happy for your progess though, just look into chaning up routines if you want more strength, a 4 day a week routine with a 1:1 push pull ratio should help considering your not a beginner and have been doing a 3 day routine 5 days a week.

It's a solid program still. I know russian weightlifters didn't use it, but tbf they did a lot of work in the 70-80% region

I like how everyone is bashing OPs numbers, but he's looking lean and solid asf compared to the soft fatties who never post body

Attached: 1566619160700.jpg (1080x1350, 85K)

Mate, the numbers are a legitimate issue and concern, and I agree with those criticising me.

I'm making a PT booking ASAP, I'm going to switch programs too.

I don't have access to cable flys, etc. at my current gym- barely even have a pullup bar. But I do have barbells and dumbbells so there's that.

I NEED to correct my form and up those numbers.

Thank you for the support, but what's more useful is insightful, critical advice

>solid

Because he is a bodybuilding faggot
Stop chasing aesthetics and gain strength. 96kg squat is fucking pathetic.

Don't get a pt. Get a proper strength coach who knows his stuff

Are you going to answer these questions you fucking faggot? At least we can have some fun at your expense.

GSLP is a meme, so is SS

Post body you stupid fucking dyel zoomer. Incredible how much retardation can fit in one post.

That's pretty solid advice though
You need to find out what works for you

But OP is not a beginner

took you 3 years to be 76 kg with 10% bf, that's bad but who knows maybe you are manlet

His numbers say he is

yeah for people who have been lifting for ever. Not some faggot who cant squat 225

Attached: OP.png (1018x934, 318K)

The numbers are alright barring squats, and if that goes up so will your deadlift, the issue is the lower rep range and so I think your squat being fucked is either overtraining, under eating, and/or poor form. If you get 5 reps with those numbers you have now you will be solid and have made fine progress, but the squat and dead lift will need some work.

He can't make noobie gains anymore

But he can't progress as a beginner anymore

What are your goals? Once you've decided that it's easier to recommend programs.
No one else can tell you wether or not you should cut or bulk, you're not in an unhealthy bodyfat range so it really is up to your personal preferences. Generally hypertrohpy routines work best for both bulking and cutting while strength programs are better for maintaining or slowly gaining weight during the developmental block, but not peaking block if you're doing one of those. youtu.be/ifNJ0pZpmx0

Also, I'm not sure if the advice to go down to 3 days a week is a good idea if you're already used to training 4-5 days a week. SS might not necessarily be a good idea either as that might just work as a peaking program in your situation, I think you'll be better off with an intermediate program.

reg's park beginner routine for fuck sake, BUT tho progression on every fucking lift, on bar curls too

From programming perspective, training experience is what matters, not how proficient are for each lift.
After a couple of months you're no longer a beginner, no matter how much you lift, because you can't recover enough to progress workout to workout.

You just repeated exactly what I said

M8, you don't stop being a beginner because you can't recover, it's because you've adapted to the stress and will need more stimulus to drive adaptations. if recovery was the issue you would just train less and keep making progress.

Do the 5/3/1 4 day routine and go 4 days.

You imbecile.

I look decent and my lifts are a big better than him. Strength = size is a meme I focus on higher reps at a lighter weight like 3x15 both approaches are good if you put the effort in

Also lose some fucking weight

Attached: gq14kp0s66i31.jpg (474x473, 27K)

Sorry for being rude but seriously. What the fuck.

did you think about height?
if you want to look good, start cutting you disgusting fatty bom bom

Wendler said it's also good for beginners

Why do you look so much better than me but lift so much less. I'm also down to 76-78kg from 102kg, but I got lose skin and very little definition.
Mirin physique, at least.

To be fair, to Wendler a beginner is probably anyone who squats less than 405.

He is not wrong

Lift harder and eat more.
You've demonstrated that you know how to diet down, so don't be afraid of bulking up to get muscle mass. You can cut back down again.

You're a dumbass faggot. Enjoy your GOMAD gyno and excel spreadsheets.

You've been cutting for like 3 years, eat more and bulk up my dude.

Op, what do u do for abs?

This gives me hope. I look just slightly less flabby before your cut and was wondering if I went too far with the bulk.

Assuming you cut from April to Dec 2018. What did you do for it?

I'm still too much of a twink, need to gain some more muscle before cutting