/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

If you pull sumo, you're gay. If you complain about sumo, you're even gayer.

Fuck off everyone.

Attached: 1566693168987.jpg (960x720, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WQmG3yBxaX4)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What if l pull sumo but hate it?

You're triple gay

What if you’re OP?

if I plan out my frequency, meso cycle length and % I want to lift for each session, can I make up the sets and reps when I get there?

Yeah I pull sumo, how could you tell?

Attached: FB_IMG_1566698252539.jpg (600x800, 49K)

I'm so gay that i came full circle to turbo-straight.

Percentage dictates the reps and sets. Don’t make anything up, you’re obviously a novice.

Attached: 3BA64F1E-3CA4-44A5-BA0C-1432CB68486F.jpg (677x707, 92K)

Probably. Just pick a weight, and do sets of how ever many reps to RPE 8-9 until you get tired

Disregard this opinion.

this was basically my plan

Im specifically talking about DL. I pull 265kg

It works, but less thinking is better.

Saw that already.
Yeah no, other brands top ss in quality.
Gonna go for wahlanders since it's cheaper for me as I am in Europe.

Love watching powerlifter accidents on liveleaks. The more career-ending injuries the better. Keep it up idiots.

Being angry and bitter is super lame, dude. You must have a sad life.

squuuuuuiiiii ARTRGH PLOOOOP SPLOOOOSH PLOOOOP
SPLASH!

Phew that was a few massive logs of Norman khan that fell into the toilet there

265 at what body weight? Is that your all time meet PR or a current training max?

Attached: 23564DEE-205B-42B7-A45D-B2B683A80F61.png (348x145, 24K)

recent gym pr. I would use charts like that as a rough guide, but in my experience theyre way off for me. I can do 90% for a set of 10+ reps easily, but cant do multiple sets at any %

Not how it works bro

I just started pulling sumo today and scraped up my knees and shins pretty bad. Literally came to Jow Forums to seek advice. I guess I'm double gay :(

daily reminder

Attached: 1547170877295.jpg (948x2195, 540K)

nobody cares bro

>90% for 10+
That doesn't make any sense. Have any videos?

you cared enough to reply. powerlifting is fucking lame bro. do better than this.

no. what do you think about my original post tho

ok bro

You're either full of shit or have the worst form possible. Original post isn't a good plan imo, because each block should have you progressing im some way.

my form is fine. I pull some and am just good at high reps. the % increases over the course of the meso so their is progression

I don't think you understand how substantial 10 or more reps at 90% is

sumo*

well my max is 265kg and pulled 235x10, which is just under 90%. Ive always had similar ratios for squat and dead, I dont know what to tell you...

I can't squat or deadlift for about a month. Whats the best program to build a massive bench? Thats the only thing Im going to focus on.

Attached: 1566660190240.jpg (539x960, 41K)

Are you a girl?

Get fat

if I was I wouldnt be on /plg/ Id be on ig dabbing on stephi cohen

Powerlifting is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. Fat losers bouncing off their flabby stomachs and arching their backs claiming they can bench x amount. Fucking pitiful.

Reminds me how I squatted 140 kg x10 with a rep or two to spare and failed 4 plate squat. Some people are really good at reps like one wl guy I know (did 145 kg x15 high bar with his max being 180-185 at the very best, here's him: youtu.be/WQmG3yBxaX4)

>Bitching about Powerlifting is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. Non-competing losers crying about shit that doesnt affect them and whining about lifts claiming they can do it if they were cheating too. Fucking pitiful.

>the fag who records his sets and makes everyone uncomfortable

ye back when my squat max was ~190kg I squat 160x11 (good depth) some people just work like that idk

nice squat

Can anyone even do the 5x10 deadlifts without shitting the bed the next day or dropping the weight to like 30%? What are some good alternatives to do instead of the 5x10 deads on BBB? Pls dont say good mornings or some gay shit like that

DOH, RDL, SLDL, or just do deadlift with fSL 5x5.

What's DOH?

Double overhand. Read the book.

>fSL
whats Fsl ?

First set last. 65, 70, or 75%. Read the book. Why are all booklets weak homos?

You are supposed to start at like 30% for the BBB sets. Did you not read the book(s)?

of course not, Jim Wendler writes like an 8 yo, it's fucking painful reading that shit and he asks like 30 dollars for it too.

It's a short read and you can find it for free in 5 minutes

>of course not
Typical nihilistic weak faggot attitude.

i have overhead pressed 65 kilo. Dont call me week ok? No i haven't read 531 jim wendie

i'd happily pay for it if Jim wasnt such a jew and hired an editor. To self publish a book that is written like a middle schooler's social media post and have the audacity to ask 30 bucks for it and then complain why everyone just pirates that shit is peak cancer.

Sometimes you have to separate the art from the artist instead of thinking you're better than everybody with 20 years of coaching experience

that book has gold knowledge for sure it's just so fucking painful to read. Why the fuck would you not hire an editor for like $1000 to fix your shit that you plan on selling to thousands of people. I'm not disputing the knowledge, im disputing the way its communicated.

It's not that bad. Forever desperately needed a table of contents, but somebody made it and you can download it if you just Google

there are like 5 different books about 5/3/1. I tried reading the first edition and couldnt get past 10 pages, it was fucking bad mane. Are the others any better?

2nd edition is an easy read. Beyond is all about options to modify. Forever codifies everything based on wendlers experience testing the programming on athletes

They are not bad reads, have you never had a sports coach with a couple of nuts before?

If you like the structure of 531 and want something more eloquent, checkout Juggernaut 2.0.

Wendler is the product of football coaches and Louie Simmons. If that isn't your cup of tea, then you might want to look elsewhere

Cringe

Attached: 015E641E-778D-425D-981A-F49366012B81.jpg (332x443, 51K)

Notice that hes doing all of that

Not in that pic

Do better

Chicks dig that shit.

While you are dying alone, jacking a limp dick.

Threadly, but non-spamming, clearly relevant, specifically on topic, greatly informative, not copy/pasted (I alter minutia every time), 100% sincere and not trolling, high quality, and otherwise rule abiding reminder to post body/lifts and get a trip. This is the only way anyone will believe anything you have to say about anything. And only if you demonstrate at least one of the following:
>A squat in excess of both 2.5 times bodyweight AND 500 lbs
>A deadlift in excess of both 2.5 time bodyweight AND 500 lbs
>A bench press in excess of both 1.5 times bodyweight AND 300 lbs
>A The Press equal to or greater than both body weight AND 100 kg
>A body that Jow Forums won't roundly criticize (good fucking luck)
If you can't manage at least one of these, shut the fuck up, go to the gym, try harder.

This is a thought out, empirical, and informational post that is crucial to the quality of discussion in /plg/, and on Jow Forums as a whole.

Thank you.

Attached: hits joint.jpg (720x888, 165K)

The following is a glossary of terms meant to help newfags understand the relevant lingo. It is not low quality or irrelevant copy/pasta: LIST OF PLG APPROVED ACRONYMS/INITIALISMS (post, but don't spam, in every thread)

>GDE (Genetic Dead End)
Exercise low-responder. High injury rate, no sports background, weak willed.

>GAYS (Gay Aylien Skull)
Weak bone structure, mouth breather. Wastes time trying to be strong. Jewey faced and mad, but harmless.

>CUCC (Cuckold Uninjured Crying Canadian)
Identify as injured, without medical diagnosis. Trans-herniated. Purposely do self-destructive programs like PH3, Smolov, etc. They wanted an excuse to quit.

>VOLEM (Voluntary Evermediate)
Late beginner, early intermediate. Panics when the bar gets heavy. Program hops, works on technique, or sabotages recovery as an excuse to not progress.

>BONER (Bench Only No Effort Retard)
Wants to have the admiration and ego of someone who lifts, but doesn't want to get the squat or deadlift of someone who actually lifts. Copes with a combination of bench press and autism.

>CHODE (Communist Homo Of Dick Eating)
Angry, godless little postmodernists who secretly loathe strong, masculine men who won't fuck their boybutt. Some transition into ugly rat faced pedos, others defend said CHODES. Also known as PHAGs (Projecting Homo Ass Goblins)

>TCHAD (Tries Consistently Hard All Day)
The Isleys, MAs, and other guys with average genes who actually like competing and getting stronger.

>UFO (Under Fed Organism)
Adult human male weighing less than 200 lbs. Throw food at them until the problem is remedied.

>user (Anonymous Nard Obtusely Nattering)
A noodlebuilt little wuss of a human. Hobbies include LARPing as someone who actually lifts and not posting body/lifts. Can be safely disregarded in all matters.

>SUMO (SUbhuman MOron)
Too stupid and/or genetically deficient to just bend over and pick something up. Copes through a combination of clowning half reps and eating butt.

alter all the minutia you want, it won't get around my filter for you, Cuck Autist.

>alter all the minutia you want, it won't get around my filter for you, Cuck Autist.

But forgetting my trip did. Filterfags BTFO'ed!

>obsessed
Nice e-celeb blog

hank triggered once again

Attached: rude.webm (1280x720, 467K)

"Hank"

>sean
>hank
>tomatoes
>retard nonlifting enthusiatard
>any homo retard

I can't deadlift pass 250lbs on 5x5. What's wrong with me and how do I fix this? I'm 5'10 and 210lbs if this helps.

What program are you on?

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

Attached: 1524864416976.jpg (1000x1192, 223K)

Haha hank/sean you make believe legend

Modified version of Stronglifts that focuses more on upper body rather than lower body.

You're a manlet aren't you, Sumo works for tall MEN like me.

What do you pull?

Maybe try a real program? If you train like a hundred 150 lb pajeet, you will end up being a 150 lb pajeet

But in the heavier weight classes (with the taller guys on average), there is less sumo faggotry. Short people (like, say, Stefi "WizzKid" Cohen) can take a plate-to-plate width stance and reduce the ROM to almost nothing, offsetting the poorer transfer of force to the floor better. Tall guys take that sort of stance and still have to pull the bar twice as far as she does, only now they have to do it from a less efficient stance. Better for most of them to just pull conventional, like men should anyway.

Note that this is all assuming RAW lifting. I don't know (or care) what goes on in equipped ''''''''''lifting.''''''''''

t. overcompensating manlet

wrong.

Attached: 1529608274014.jpg (859x1024, 63K)

We all bloat down here...

Attached: grizzlywise.png (817x446, 572K)

Bloating is for incels

see

Incels are a meme, I've never met one.

you're in /plg/, so i guarantee you there's incels here.

Nah, it's made up. Like depression. Just a thing lazy people say for attention.

>Nah, it's made up. Like depression.

Attached: 1509306632273.jpg (300x300, 26K)

>I made bad life choices so now I'm sad must be a disease lmao gimme pills

>underage b& inc

Attached: 94e.png (600x680, 349K)

>retard continues to project onto others

we already know you're a clueless, miserable faggot, slugger. no need to keep proving the point.

Go listen to kpop and keep jacking off to cartoons, children.

>that highly specific projection

yikes, what a faggot!

Attached: 1559233223479.jpg (411x337, 17K)

With the other fake depression people right haha

Why do so many "depressed" people lock themselves indoors, avoid people, and watch Japanese cartoons?

Same reason why fat people binge eat, ignore calories, and blame everyone for not loving them.

Why does someone get on a taiwanese finger painting board to anonymous shitpost about other people's hobbies?

Attached: cap_MTBB_Zoku_Owarimonogatari_01_4C0B6AE4_00_10_13_03.png (1280x720, 1.05M)

>he's still showing off what an uneducated retard he is

yikes