QTDDTOT

other thread hit the bump limit

ask your fucking stupid retard questions here

Attached: 1429981024684.jpg (999x624, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bicycling.com/health-nutrition/a20046377/cycling-calories-burned-calculator/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are there benefits to wearing a tank top while working out?

only if it's a red one

What are some good accessory exercises to go with stronglifts, about 3 weeks in, not Jow Forums at all, but looking to up the anti.
All I own is a olympic barbell + various weights

Will fasting for long periods of time kill my gains?

How much do oats vary in quality from product to product? Am I really cheating myself by buying the cheapest and biggest bulk I can find? Also, are they a decent breakfast item for cutting? They seem pretty low calorie compared to the kind of breakfast burritos and other crap I see people eating.

Won't that make me a meme?

no restriction on arm movements, but honestly it's mostly just because it looks good.

Curls, side bends, skullcrushers, and a handful of other plate-based exercises

yes

in-general i'd say breakfast is bad for cutting. But that's me. Oats will be more or less similar between brands so just get what you like.

Alright boys, I'm a 20yo natty, been training maybe 9 months. Would it be detrimental for me to go to the gym twice a day and work out with my regular intensity each time? I'm usually lifting for an hour or so each workout. Basically, can I double my training time without seeing any (or minimal) negative effects? I am currently running a 6 day PPLPPLX program, so I would just do the same workout twice a day.

Attached: lf.jpg (467x600, 86K)

Anyone got that grip strength image?

Do it and find out. "Natty" just means we don't know your T levels, they could be over a thousand ng/Dl or less than 300, let alone the rest of your body chemistry, sleep quality, etc. Add volume until you can't recover, don't double it overnight.

I'm prepared to budget an additional 2 hours of sleep per night to bring me up to 10 hrs/day, other than that I'll ease into it as you suggest! Thanks for the advice bro

Attached: The Disagreement.jpg (667x912, 172K)

Yeah, I got it

I'm gaining weight but haven't changed my diet, I'm not exercising less either. My tight clothes still fit the same way. Why the fuck am I getting heavy and where is it going?

Attached: 1528611626466.jpg (633x758, 67K)

Should i just do whatever in the gym? As long as im in the building im still making progress right?

Is it metabolism? I am approaching wizardhood.

Attached: 1513183593966.jpg (400x416, 9K)

Change your diet then.
As your weight changes you need to eat less or do more to keep up a calorie deficit that your body will respond to.

The lower your weight the less change you will see on a small deficit.

Run a structured program. If you can increase the total workload per week, you'll make progress

No. You need to know what you wanna do and be working on. You should at least know what your working weights are and what body parts you're going to target.

If you exercise a certain part of your body will you burn more fat off it? Obviously muscle growth is dependant on what you exercise, but is fat loss? I've decided to try and at least get somewhat into shape and since most of my fat is concentrated in my thighs I've been wondering if I should focus on my legs or just do full body workouts.

I'm about to start my 7th cycle of 5/3/1. It's getting a bit dry, any advice on mixing it up a little bit? I've been doing the triumvirate assistance but I'd like to do something a little more dynamic

Then share it you dingus.

No, spot toning is a total myth. You have to think of body fat like water in a bathtub. You can control how much is going in, whats going out is constant, but no matter what it's going to even out regardless of where you're taking it from.

Alright thanks.

>weight is the same
>don't look any better
>some of my pants and underwear are loose
>no one has stretched them out
What happened?

What’s a reasonable body fat percentage if I want to look good but only want to go to the gym 3 times a week and watch my eating (or eat at my TDEE to maintain)

Basically I want a good balance of life.

Recomposition

recomp at legs/waist, less water retention, still too fat to see difference

Like 14 to 10 maybe

12-14%

joker sets

Does your body tell you to eat in a surplus when you work out? Like do you feel hungry after you hit maintenance or do you have to forcefeed? I really dont want to cunt my cals

I have a massive rice problem, could I eat as an alternative when the hunger comes?

Umm, I have a question: when should I increase the weight of my dumbbells? I've been at 4kg for 2 months now.

You can't spot reduce fat - your body can, but that's genetics dependent. If your fat distribution is more lower body biased, that the last place where it'll remain until you keep cutting.
On the other hand, you can spot develop muscle mass, which will increase the area where the fat sits and distributes locally, even at similar weight or body fat percentage (to a certain extent).

It depends. If you want results, weight your food. And even doing that autistically, it won't translate immediately in results, but at least, it'll be one thing less to worry about.
The "no pain, no gain" meme is real, but applies to nutrition.

IIFYM

Wow, I wasn't even trying to go for that yet. Thanks m8s

When you can do more than 5, increase weight.

Also you should start at 20lbs at the minimum

I had some problems with my wrist which is why I'm starting with a lower weight again, but thanks.

How do I into meal prep?

Best routine to get my first pull up?

no
add exercises for triceps, biceps, rotator cuffs, abs and maybe lateral raises if you want
yup, fasting is a meme
do it and eat more
doesn't really matter where it is going, start training and eating better, also get sleep
whatever is never good, set up a program that you like and stick to it. 100% of making it is being consistent
you can answer that better for yourself than anyone. I don't get hungry at all when I train and need to force myself to eat

I'm 19yo/6'4/176lbs/

I haven't calculated body fat, but I have a weird fat distribution. You can see my ribs but all the fat goes to my butt and thighs. Still looks proportional though.

My question is should I just focus on weights and exclude everything else, or should I do other exercises. For example my gym offers kickboxing training. Would it be worth giving that a shot 2 days a week? Or am I better off doing that after i have lifted for say 6 months.

Why should I do weighted pullups over weighted chinups other than injury prevention?

Attached: divebutt.webm (960x778, 2.92M)

Negatives and greasing the groove. Having a pull up bar at home and being light weight will only increase the speed at which you get there. You could also use bands and do full range of motion pull ups and decrease the strength of the band over time.

get enough food containers for all the meals for the week
define foods, quantities for a day. multiply by 7.
batch cook everything. assemble food into meals.
first 3-7 days could hold in the fridge, but some prefer freeze anything not eaten on/after the 4th day, try and see.

I'm trying to lose weight and body fat and read somewhere that leg workouts were great for both (or just weight loss, can't remember) because of something that had to do with the muscles in our legs that get worked out. Is this true or complete bullshit?

search in youtube "how to do 1 pull up", they're mostly the same

Do it if you feel you have it in you after a work out. Your body will adjust.

>Reposting from the previous thread since I was the second to last one in there.

What's the highest deficit I can properly run while cutting? I'm 6'0", 213, been bulking with 5/3/1. Current TDEE is 2900, with a recommended 700cal deficit.

If I'm able to hit my protein intake goals, can I drop lower than 2200 or would that be unwise?

Attached: 1563649346564.png (640x662, 600K)

Attached: 1479531770694.jpg (1900x1500, 748K)

I'm going to be starting GSLP tomorrow. What exercise should I add to work my core?

There is nothing specific about the legs that will help you loose weight. You probably heard that training legs increases testosterone production. But the leg muscles are the largest the body has. Therefore you will be able to lift more weight faster which in turn will burn more calories.

Prioritize lifting at least 3 days/week and eat accordingly. Treat sports as cardio, on rest days only if you have the energy for that and doesn't interfere with recovery.

Flared ribs sucks, you'll need to work your pecs and rectus abdominus to make it less evident.

You shouldn't Chinups are better and you can pull more.

Weight loss = you eat less than you spend in daily activity, exercise and metabolism
Fat loss = same as weight loss, but with strength based training, high protein, moderate fat and ~20% caloric restriction.
If you train only legs during a cut, you'll prevent (most) catabolism only there, so if you care about upper body muscles, you better train everything.

25% is pushing it.
BUT some people fast for days. The muscle mass you'll lose in theory should return (at your body's pace) after you resume eating at surplus.

1 - follow the program
2 - farmer walks are always welcome. cable crunches and woodchoppers complement each other

here, would you say 20% is probably as high as I should go then?

Is it weird to go get your feet done as a dude?

I'm literally getting my first pedicure rn. My roommate keeps clowning my feet for being crusty.

[spoiler] I kinda wanna get my toes painted

What is a good accessory lift for squats? Bulgarian split squats? Lunges?

How do you guys eat your eggs and what's the best way of cooking them in your opinion? I personally prefer them scrambled or boiled.

Nothing wrong with being hygenic my dude

For you, 20% is the safe margin. The other guy seems to have a bit more experience and assumed that he could afford the additional risk. Not that the extra 5% will do much to you though.

Not much fitness related, follow your dreams

What's your squat weak point?
At the hole? Paused squats
At the lockout? Hip thrusts
Leg imbalance? Lunges
Overall? Front squats

hard boiled for me

Help me out, Jow Forums. I have no energy whatsoever despite eating well, tracking all my calories, lifting, doing cardio, and living an overall healthy lifestyle. My PCP found nothing wrong with me other than low testosterone. The endo I went to see about it said it was a symptom of depression and refused to do anything. Do anti-depressants actually help with low energy and test production? I've always heard the opposite, but things are just getting worse and worse.

Attached: 1520838012271.jpg (1242x1386, 248K)

>What's your squat weak point?
Not sure, but I'll be doing accessories so I can best combine 5/3/1 with BJJ

Low test causes depression, find why that happened, fix it or take test. If the doctor refuses treatment, find another one (that preferably lift).
SSRIs kill your life, but sometimes are a necessary evil to temporarily silence your brain. the key is "temporarily". Ditch them ASAP.

ah but have you tried sleeping enough?

I'll find another one, then. Probably going to get my prostate checked just to be sure it's nothing serious. Thanks, user.
Sleeping is one of the few things that I look forward to doing and that I'm good at.

my stats are 6'3 and 116kg. so this might be a stupid question but, there is cycle route where i live and its 80 roundtrip. ive done it 4 times in the last year and on my watch tracker its says im burning 4800 cals. If i was to fast for 5 days and complete this route each of the 5 days, would i encounter any negative effects from it apart from being tired?

If I get plenty of healthy fat elsewhere, is it still worth it to opt for whole milk over reduced? I'm fine with either, but I drink several cups a day, so the extra calories wouldn't necessarily be negligible.

80 what?
bicycling.com/health-nutrition/a20046377/cycling-calories-burned-calculator/
Fasting and LISS shouldn't be that incompatible, but you'll feel like shit and lose muscle mass - which will be recovered (eventually) after eating at surplus again.

2% milk costs almost the same as 3%, similar micros, only less fat. Up to you IIFYM.

I'm a natty, and I want to work each muscle group twice a week (exept legs ofcourse lol)

How does this 4 day bro split looks like?

mon - back / chest
tue - legs
wed - off
tue - chest / back
fri - shoulders / arms

Would such thing work, or it would fuck me up?

I can't join a gym for a week but wanna do slightly more than the isometrics ive been doing. Are there any good beginner workouts I can do with dumbbells till im good to join.

My shoulders are shit.
Would buying a pair of 4kg dumbbells on Amazon and raping them doing flyes every night on top of my regular training help?

Attached: wallhaven-kwkwzm.jpg (4500x3002, 2.41M)

How do I get over feelings of jealousy?

Any wireless earbud recommendations for gym / running? I find that whenever I get ones off of Amazon I end up replacing them once every 8-12 months.

>be 5'10" 242lb
>start cutting, eating 2200 kcal
>training 6 days a week
>get to 234ish lbs and stop losing weight
>drop calories to 1900kcal
>get down to 230lbs
>weight has been stuck at ~230lbs for past two weeks
Should I decrease calories again or add in cardio? Psych meds made me gain ~50lbs in 6 months and have been making it difficult to cut. (I was on depakote and zyprexa while gaining weight and now I'm on risperidone, lithium, lamictal, intuniv, and cogentin)

by growing a pair. Eat Lift Sleep Repeat. Get your career in order ignore what others think. Everyone on this planet has his own retarded agenda. Mine is trying to get you to stop giving a fuck by insulting you.
looks like an UL split with only one lower day and one for isolation. Should be fine
sure why not

How bad are deep fried chicken strips for my health? I work in a deli and have access to as many as I want since I make them, so it's like free protein. They're fresh cuts of chicken, breaded, and deep fried. I still feel fairly gross after eating a few so I'd guess the deep frying makes me feel like that

Attached: Easy-Chicken-Tenders-Recipe-10.bwb_.jpg (750x1040, 192K)

Depends on the rest of your diet and how many calories you burn through exercise.
I'd advise you to stay away from greasy shit how much as you can though.

Are you able to bake them alternatively?

I have no idea about meds. Are they able to interfere with your metabolism? If not you are lying to yourself. Start counting your macros correctly. No way in hell should you stall with 1900kcal at.

Why don't we use DNP anymore?

I did a cycle and it worked pretty well a few years ago. although afterwards I had trouble with squats and had trouble doing 2plate where as before the cycle I did 350.

did we find out that it's super toxic? or is it just out of fashion

Attached: 1536982276155.gif (400x300, 954K)

I signed up for a new gym today and I didn't think to check the cable machines to see if they had rope attachments for facepulls. Its a commercial gym so surely they have something right? If they don't could you just detach the handlebars and add a rope?

they should have ropes because everyone and their mother does triceps extensions with them

Thanks! (I"m the second guy)

I did a cycle a month and a half ago, it's just not as popular as it once was.

What RPE should a linear progression be? By my last squat rep each set I feel like I'm going to die

Havent lifted in 6 months, is it worth/more efficient going back to SS and linear progression until i stall or is my routine here ok? Apart from the heavy weeks, i havent suffered burn out and have been able to do hill sprints and high intensity cardio on rest days.

Attached: 20190826_103435.jpg (4350x1296, 3.3M)

>did we find out that it's super toxic? or is it just out of fashion

It was always super-toxic, that's why it's not in legal fat loss pills.

Did you make the depth and hit the reps though?

Is eating after a workout really important or is it just a meme?

Why do they say to not season food before freezing it?

Eh, i have my shake straight after, but i dont go hunting for a meal unless it's lunch or dinner time. A handful of almonds or yoghurt with berries and cinnamon is good afterwards, but it's not like there's 1 hour window if that's what your thinking.

>first time buying pre-work out
>Fruit punch mmmm
>200mg caffeine wowdog.jpeg
>Drink it up glug glug
>Get all tingly and flushed
>Jerk off and spray cum everywhere
>Smoke weed and don't go to the gym

I spent the day moving furniture getting my ex to her new place. Does that make it ok to skip the gym today?

>1 hour window
I thought it was 30mins but alright.

whats the best way to fix posterior pelvic tilt and forward head posture?

Attached: 1559672815059.jpg (559x551, 37K)

Do I need to actually be progressively adding weight to ab workouts to get my 6 pack going? I'm noob and am making bretty gud gains on the big lifts while losing bf%, but I haven't been doing direct ab work and wanna start.

Here are my current 1rm stats:

>bench: 115lb (calculated)
>press: 85lb (calculated)
>squat: 185lb (tested)
>deadlift: 225lb (tested)

I want to put on 100lbs on my bench, 120 on my squat, and 150 onto my diddy by the end of the year. Is this feasible without going /fraud/? I currently weigh 140lbs, so obviously I have room to grow

Attached: the world is yours.jpg (4032x3024, 3.12M)

Probably not possible by the end of the year unless you're really gifted or you bulk like crazy. I would think 3/4 of a year would be a better estimate with good programming and effort.

no, only have 4 months
no
how much time you lifts? more than a year? get out of SS and do a PPL or another type of strenght training

im right now at 220lbs
BMI 31

BF 25%

but very strong and thick in clothes, except my belly a little big

Should i cut or try to body recompositionm?

Yes

The program is a 4x/week routine based partly on GSLP. I'm running a diet test this week where the goal is 200g protein a day and drastically cut caffeine consumption to ensure good sleep.

3/4 of a year seems to be a stretch considering how quickly some people who aren't genetically gifted reach some numbers. I should also mention that those are my current stats after taking 3 months off of lifting. My max bench then was 150lb, so putting 1/3 of my goal should be easily done in a couple weeks as muscle memory kicks in.

How much do you think can be accomplished in 4 months?

I have been counting macros correctly, weighing and counting everything. I know the medications usually cause weight gain because of increased appetite and decreased physical activity due to fatigue but I have read that some antipsychotic medications interfere with metabolic rate and insulin sensitivity. 1900 seems so low because I was maintaining at 223lbs with 2700 last year while on the same meds without risperidone and cogentin. When I wasn't on meds I maintained at 3200kcal at 185lbs bw