Why does it say everything under 200 lbs OHP is novice...

why does it say everything under 200 lbs OHP is novice. 200 lbs OHP is endgame! the fuck kind of roids are thrse chart makers on

Attached: how-to-overhead-press-a-beginners-guide-tablet-960x540.jpg (960x400, 33K)

how much do you weigh?

480 lbs, why?

anything less than 1/2/3/4 respective to each lift is novice and nothing but

1/2/3/4 at each of those lifts is the point you become proficient

Inderesding. I consider anything close to 1/2/3/4 intermediate, significantly below novice and significantly above is proficient.

>regardless of bodyweight

Ah yes someone weighing 160lbs and someone who permabulked to 220 are the same strength.

1/2/3/4x bodyweight?
seems a bit high

200 lbs OHP isn't novice but it isn't that difficult either

Strength isn't measured in relative terms.

The bloatlord who benches 500 is stronger than someone who stays at 15% BF and benches 300

1plate = 20kg
Bar = 20kg
So 40kg/60kg/80kg/100kg

>yfw

Attached: 2 girls but a cup ain't one.png (477x352, 290K)

shouldn't it be one plate on each side?
60/100/140/180

This is the guy telling people he hit 1/2/3/4 after a month of liftan

Attached: cringe.jpg (600x532, 39K)

But it should be measured in relative terms. That's why competitions always have and will adjust for bodyweight.

Not really if you’re only counting 5x5 and not 10 rep max like most users.

>counting the bar
Oh no no no

Attached: 1300029582723.jpg (225x225, 13K)

>Strength isn't measured in relative terms.
Then why does literally every strength sport have a fuck ton of weight classes?

No, 1/2/3/4x the current gym thot’s bodyweight.

u just lift plates without using a bar?

twink cope

>But it should be measured in relative terms.
Why?
>Then why does literally every strength sport have a fuck ton of weight classes?
To let manlets compete against other manlets. That's like asking why there's a women's league.

but if you're a manlet you can't bulk to 6'5"
forever novice level?

It's 100, 200, 300, and 400.
In strict order of difficulty.

So what, you can't be a professional athelete either. Its all determined by your genetics.

U don’t?

i'm so fucking sick of seeing this stupid, arbitrary 1/2/3/4 measure. this is something that depends on body weight. at 6'2" 96kg, i'll consider myself intermediate when i can hit a deep 200kg backsquat and 90kg OHP, and when my Olympic total nears 300kg

your 0.7xBW 2pl8 bench isn't impressive m'fat fuck

I guess Thor with his 1000 lbs deadlift isn’t strong then, cause he weighs about 450 lbs and that would be less than 2.5x his bw.

Neither is the same bench but you're also 5'5"

I mean he is strong, just not relative to his bodyweight

Post body

I'm 12 years old and weigh 100lbs so it actually is

see you in a month

tip sent to the FBI

no nigga
no

I know a 300lb guy who presses 205lbs after a year lifting.

If you're a faggot who insists on self-labeling rather than achieving tangible goals for your own life you deserve what you get.
>make 100k at work
>not in billionaires club
>boo hoo

DO WHAT YOU WANT, RETARDS

>tfw just hit 95 lb OHP last week

Attached: 1470113916037.jpg (350x331, 31K)

THE PRESS™ is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing PRESS™.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce a bar off your morbidly obese gut for your little bullshit wide grip "bench press". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

THE PRESS™. is. king

Oof

Now why would you do that? Its one plate, thats obviously two!

It's bait because no one can be that stupid.

No of course I use a bar, everyone does... The bar is required so there is no need to count it.

>lifting for three years and still at 85lbs OHP

Attached: 1475209557258.gif (284x247, 1.26M)

bruh...are you doing sets of 50? I'm doing 3x5.

Attached: HW9Kn.gif (319x240, 434K)

But you'd have to put one thot on each side??

Why is it so hard for people to grasp that 1/2/3/4 is just a very very basic measurement and goal for people who care about strength? If you don't care, fine. If you DO care, you have to leave you bf% behind, bulk and reach those numbers, or you are wasting your time.

Dude, what in the actual fuck. Do you even understand the shit you say?

REMINDER THAT YOU HAVENT EVEN BEGUN TO SCRATCH THE SURFACE OF MAKING IT UNTIL YOU HIT 2/3/4/5 MINIMUM

This, but completely unironically.

it's too easy to cheat on this lift desu.

Incorrect, The intent is to provide lifters with a sense of pride and accomplishment.

lmao what i rep 1pl after 3 months training. I think I hit 2pl just last week. I've been dicking around for about 2 years maybe. Just do more volume of it fa m

You're definitely fat

2pl8 bench and 4pl8 dead was easy, but damn OHP and Squat were hard due to the imbalance.

Inconsistent as hell

Post body

felt so good hitting 1 plate ohp. i did it every workout session for a while. im 160lbs

>tfw can 4 rep 1 pl8 ohp
>tfw 135 lbs twink manlet
lmaoing@all of you

Attached: 1549032141849.jpg (491x315, 37K)

>135 pounds.
I can lift you with one finger.

i fucking give on ohp. beginner here and been doing pgslp for 3 months and ive been stuck at fucking 5kg plates ohp for weeks now.

can i just scrap this lift its retar*ed

No, its required to get big broad strong shoulders.

fuck i guess ill keep on doing it. is it okay to be still stuck at the same weight on ohp for like.... a year? lmao

I can OHP you while youre OHPING your max

Attached: A55AA866-DE13-4525-9050-C49E656A4054.jpg (2292x1458, 752K)

>5 foot tall

Attached: 1540074139474s.jpg (250x231, 6K)

5'9 actually

post body

At a 30kg OHP?

No you should blow past that weight after a year

You should feel bad for taking that bait.

i was kidding m8y. im sure i wont be stuck at that same weight for a year (i hope lol)

but yea ive been stuck on 30kg for weeks now and i dont think i will progress soon. this is the devil's lift its so hard

Post physique midget

The way I break OHP plateaus is to just increase the weight next workout, even if I miss the rep until I can only do 1 rep per set. Then I deload back to the plateau weight and its easier

Based and correct

and apparently its more like 140lbs with retarded freedom units

Attached: dvfg.jpg (1037x778, 299K)

Turn on the trip

bruh you're 5'6 at most

Because it's literally not fair for the twinkies, they'd never have a hope to win. A child benching 60kg is definitely more impressive and praiseworthy than an adult benching 80. That doesn't mean the child is stronger, you mong.

why my neck hurts for the next 2-3 days when i get heavy on these
could be a slight shoulder imbalance? what exercise should i do to correct?

hahhaha i dont know if you are trolling or not but i literally lost my shit reading this. thankyou user

Fatty cope.

honestly it would be pretty hard considering the imbalance

You gotta confuse the muscles, bro.

i did add 1.25kg microplates. I still cant fucking do it!! maybe because im on a cut? but my other lifts are still progressing

You mean you can do 5 reps at 30kg but can't do 1 rep at 32.5kg?

>Liftan for 2 years
>Went from 58kg to 75kg without gaining too much bf %
>Still no 1/2/3/4 pl8

Why

What? Jesus dude, no. Do accessories so that you can lift more than a small child over your head.

1/2/3/4 doesn't count if your bodyfat is above 15%

Cope. I’m 165 and overhead pressing my bodyweight. Just be stronger.

Agree.

I'm closing in on this for reps and I'm just starting to look big.

Is 1/2/3/4 1RM or multiple reps or multiple sets?

>Strength isn't measured in relative terms.
This. Strength is the capacity to produce force against a resistance.
It may be more impressive for a 150lb guy to OHP his bodyweight, but the 300lb guy doing 200 is objectively stronger because he is producing more force. Words have meaning.

Attached: 1561151469531.gif (347x308, 1.84M)

I can do 3x5 on 30kg but form isnt too good on the last set. When I did 32.5kg earlier i can only do like 5 reps and that was bad form too and i was struggling.

it doesnt make sense i know

i do accessory work too. or did you mean accessory work to help with my ohp?

It's obviously for 3 sets of 12 lmao twink

10x10 german volume training all lifts done in one gym session

What words would you use to compare the 160lb man lifting 210 for 5, and the 220lb man lifting 225 for 5.

They are both strong. Larger man is stronger. But the smaller man is... proportionally more impressive?

be taller

Another thing to keep in mind is that force production doesn't directly scale with bodyweight; it's much easier for a 180lbs guy to squat 180 than for a 300lbs guy to squat 300

>The bar is required so its 20kg doesn't weigh anything.

This is why they use the Wilks thing, right? It was created to adjust for this?