Hey, Jow Forums...

Hey, Jow Forums, I'm a pussy who can't work up the confidence to even go outside aside from an internship I have at a local place, and no real friends to hang out with anymore. Talking to people makes me wanna die, and thinking about going to the gym reminds me of the hunch in my back that everyone comments on. I've gained 20 pounds in the past year. I want to be the best fucking person but I can't find it in me to change. I have no confidence. What gave you the motivation to soldier on, Jow Forums? I really need something. I'm gonna be the guy in this pic soon if things continue.

Attached: bdold1.jpg (604x453, 65K)

idk ask Jow Forums fag fuck off

You need to start reading.

Read Awaken the Giant within

Fuck you too I'm serious here, thanks tho fagalot

I'll give it a shot, thanks bro

I'm not joking, i recommend getting the audiobook off amazon and listen to it asap. You'll hear alot of things that will turn some cogs in your head.

I promise you books are the answer, not stupid harry potter shit, books that are hyper focused on what you're trying to achieve. Every successful fuck has written a book and it is worth your time invest your time and let them speak in your noggin.

Audiobooks user

hi Jow Forums OP here im trans btw idk if that matters haha

Downloading it now, thanks for the advice man appreciate it

Get this book and some weights and start pumping iron OP. Ever since I started reading it and lifting everytime I go to the gym I cum.

Attached: arnold-book.jpg (600x800, 114K)

Np dude, how old are you for the record?

Who gives a damn if you're a hunchback, be a strong hunchback. If you're ugly, be strong and ugly. If you're afraid to go to the gym, have a couple beers. Sure it might make you feel like you're gonna die but you won't. Just get out there! When you're sitting around in your room you can still do push ups and sit ups. Quit making excuses and start getting stronger!

He has to feel it first. It won't just happen on command so soon.

Look at ED "C'mon cock its time to get hard now" - You'd be waiting a while. It's similar with confidence. It must be FELT from outside stimulant FIRST.

I'm 20 atm

I'll be the ugliest, strongest alcoholic hunchback on the planet. Leave it to me

Are you telling me that if I get my confidence high enough I can force of will a hard on? Awesome

That's the spirit!

>guy who asked your age
I'm 23 almost 24, what i've been thinking about when it comes to feeling meaningless around this age - We were schedule based people in our youth with things like school, dr.s appts we didn't set. Going places we didn't plan, and existing overall on someone elses (parents) schedule. Now that high school has since ended our decision making is on us now since we are cognitive enough to have a decent decision making system.

The issue comes when things slowly start falling off the obligations list, You aren't forced to go anywhere except work, really. The outlook for life is described bleak and scary at this point, whereas in our childhood, things were so mild and our biggest worry was bad grades or no internet. The solution is what's called 'occupational therapy', which sounds disgust, but it's actually the name given to filling your calendar with meaningful tasks. This has been prescribed to folks with PTSD for a good while, it is a healthy way to keep them from going insane after some of the shit they've seen that they were too beta to stomach.

My point is this - We are young and in a sort of 'task limbo'. Its time to start paving your own way slowly but surly. Keep reading and do yourself a favor and learn sales techniques. It will give you a ton ofinsight on peoples thought processes, decision making etc.

GL my boy

Attached: 1456696754892.jpg (1050x700, 167K)

That's a good theory. I think it might be that mixed with the fear of obligations aside from that which make up 'the unknown'. So many people shut down because they don't know how to create a balance nowadays.

I'll keep readin the books you recommended and take part in occupational therapy, even if the name is kind of gay. I really appreciate it man, thank you

He right tho, why don't you go ask /r9k This is fit bro

I agree, that's another huge part that divides those who will successful and those who will cower just getting by in life.

While you're shopping i recommend listening to/reading;

Think and grow rich - Napoleon Hill
How to stop worrying and start living - Dale Carnegie

Both will WILDLY change your outlook and are essentially the greeneggs and ham in the business world. Not because they are easy reads like green eggs and ham is, but because it is the foundation of books. HIGHLY recommend you get through those. Also just because you buy them doesn't mean you've won and will get smart, you actually need to read them. i don't like to read , so i go for audiobooks. Listen to them when walking or exercising.

GL dude i appreciate you wanting to better your noggin. Smart people with good principles are way more interesting to talk to.

Bought em all, gonna read em this week. You're a real help, hopefully these do for me what they did for you. Noggin up time

shit dude, are you me? I have a decent paying finance internship ONLY because of my insanely high marks, 0 debts, lift religiously, but also 0 frens and am just coasting until graduating uni. Am considering just saying fuck it and joining the military post-grad for the guaranteed security/money and possible frens.

Might be except the internship is in a different sector and my marks are kinda shit lol, though I have a lot of relevant experience so they looked past it. Military post grad sounds like a real good option right about now, desu. Heard it's real fun in the navy and if things go south I'll get drafted anyway so might as well get something out of it

Awesome. When i was your age just a few years ago i was starting a window cleaning company with equipment i bought from homedepot. i bought soap, squeegees and a holder belt. i made some business cards and started an account with homeadvisor so that i got hot hot hot leads for people that wanted window cleaning. i was making like on average 350 every other day cleaning their house windows. It was so intimidating at the time. i was such a scared nub looking for answers (like you) and i turned to audio books to drown myself in while doing the work.

On one job i overheard the client talking on the phone about one of their rental properties, she was very approachable so after i finished the window cleaning job i told her i had an interest in the glam and security that comes with RE investing and what i should do. She taught me about entry strategies like wholesaling properties which is the process of getting a home under contract and selling that said position on that document to a cash buyer, for more than you have it under contract. Then to take that money and park it in rental properties that pay positive cash-flow. I've since converted and i run a RE firm on the east coast that buys for flipping and rental purposes.

FINAL RECOMMENDATION: Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki

I shit you not user if you follow along with my recommendations you will be leaps and bounds above the majority who don't stumble upon philosophies like this until their late 30s early 40s, partly due to our hyper advantage from tools like google. And i say tool because google can be utilized to extract a ton of data very fast. it's a tool. Anyway i'm off, Do these things dude and you will be rich. The reason i'm putting so much effort into these replies is because i wish i met me when i was 20 LOL.

Good luck man - I'm off

True, plus I guess it's always a good option, plus we may as well do it while we're young & can? Depending on your country you could get another free degree and preferential hiring as a vet. Honestly, as someone at a big university I've brushed shoulders with a lot of people (clubs, wealthy, actual Rothschilds, etc.) and something about the social scene's never clicked with me. I would for sure start lifting though, save money, and avoid debt as much as possible, those three have literally no downside. I'm logging off too, but we're all gonna make it m8, good luck! :)

Attached: 1526355701016.jpg (711x735, 112K)

I'll turn in too then. Thank you all for the help.

We're all gonna make it, lads.

Attached: 0bb7102a157b31bd214b6d54e2ed0a7c.jpg (909x911, 50K)

Work the courage to do things you dont like/things you are not good at, of course at first you'll look like a complete nervous retard but right now you know you look like a complete nervous retard so theres nothing you can lose. No one was born being an expert at social interactions, talking to girls, working out at the gym, etc. I will give you more advice if you still here op

I might start drinking again. 9 years sober, things are too much

David Goggins book Cant Hurt Me, that will help reset things mentally

Please don’t, I’m almost 2 years. A guy told me yesterday you can drink anytime you want just not now, wait till tomorrow

>What gave you the motivation to soldier on, Jow Forums?
The fact that I know I can do better and be a better version of myself.

Hrm...motivation?

how about this:
"the biggest risk in life is not taking one"

FOMO is a powerful thing and I havent met anyone who isnt fear driven

it's probably what you're experiencing and it looks like you processed a very important fact - living your life in a bubble will get you no where

remember that fear, cultivate it but don't let it overwhelm you.

a very basic fact that I like to keep to heart is tomorrow is always better

Just that that user mentioned drinking as a way to deal with anxiety. I remember when i was an alcoholic i would be out the house everyday. Now im sober i dont like to leave the house. I train between 1am and 3am so i can avoid people.

Felt weird when i trained at 5pm, there were loads of people, and girls. I forgot what girls looked like. Being around them is distracting.

Well done in 2 years, trust me it gets way easier. My life is a mess now, if i drink now i'll end up dead. A big part of me wants to die.

>FOMO is a powerful thing and I havent met anyone who isnt fear driven

I have FOBI, fear of being included. Ive had panic attacks during work events. I hate having to come up with excuses to get out of them. I just want to stay in my bedroom with my dogs.