I just learned that there isn't a single mechanistical study showing the actual mechanism of how dietary cholesterol or...

I just learned that there isn't a single mechanistical study showing the actual mechanism of how dietary cholesterol or LDL cholesterol increases your risk for heart disease. Every single study is just correlation without any causation.
I have been memed.

Attached: 1542358371178.jpg (218x231, 16K)

congratulations, you are beginning to awaken from your slumber.

But also remember that a lack of evidence doesn't indicate the inverse.
In other words, more research is needed

so go drink a bucket of lard and post results

Your body doesn't have the capability to absorb that much fat at once, vast majority of that will just pass through your colon and come out the other end, call it a colon cleanse.

>i-its just a conspiracy bro

Go shill for scientists and their jobs somewhere else

State funded "science" is mostly histrionic bullshit? Shocking if true.

>more research is needed

Go away, Jordan. No one likes you.

Shhhhh don't let the goyim know

China study is good reading

Cholesterol itself isnt bad. It's the combination of the processed/refined sugars that cause arterial inflammation that make it bad.

What china study? Does it show the mechanism for which cholesterol causes heart disease?

People can survive on high carb diets or high fat diets

carbs+fat is the devils work

JP is literally a carnivore lmao

i think he meant feigenbaum

Stop saying I can’t eat bacon, cheese, and steak for every meal reeeee

Brainlet, that's epidemiological not mechanism based
Nor does it prove meat is bad

I mean we do know what causes arterial thinning. A relevant factor is high blood cholesterol levels because they increase the synthesis of plaque on arterial walls. The real question is whether dietary cholesterol intake has a causual relationship with blood cholesterol levels. There is nothing to indicate that. Just as people baselessly relate eating fats to gaining bodyfat, it all comes down to people who don’t know shit about how nutrition works trying to sell you their diet plans or healthy lifestyle foods.

>correlation without any causation.
It's not an exact science. Besides, correlation is usually the first step to establish a causative link

Cholesterol doesn't magically stick to arterial walls. It's referred to as calcification for a reason, vitamin K2 is needed to mobilise Calcium into the bones.
K2 generally comes from fermented/rotten foods, we don't eat these anymore

He's obviously memeing, user.

I'd wager he's not

Then we'll have to agree to disagree. Have a good day, sir.

Do the needful SirJi

Peter Attia breaks this down exhaustively.

It's a fuckton of a read on his blog (like 100 dense pages), but basically:
* Saturated fat/cholesterol being bad was really just a weak conclusion of some epidemiological studies that got blown out of control by government conventions
* Telling people to eat 70% carbs made people eat a fuckton of processed sugars which fucked with them more
* LDL-C is really a weak predictor of heart disease risk. Same with HDL-C.
* The heart disease-risk lowering effect of statins is not a direct result of LDL-C lowering and can be explained through other mechanisms. Every drug that increases HDL has failed to show risk reduction in heart disease. Lots of other LDL-lowering drugs may show a reduction in disease risk, but not proportional to the sometimes dramatic reduction in LDL-C. Additionally, while the 10% of the population with the highest LDL have 20% of the heart attacks, something like 60% of heart attacks occur in people with normal LDL-C. This is all consistent with LDL-C being a weak correlate for CVD risk.
*If you really want to know your CVD risk, LDL-P (measured using NMR to determine particle size) will line up with risk much better.
*Consequently, knowing something raises or lowers LDL-C/HDL-C doesn't necessarily show it's good/bad for you. You should concern yourself with endpoints (i.e. experiments where people were made to do X showed increased/decreased rates of heart disease/stroke etc.)