/fast/ #481 Sergey Nazarov edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasating, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
Fasting vs. Eating Less: What's the Difference? (Science of Fasting)
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.

>REQUIRED READING!
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2440847/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4111762/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/pdf/jcinvest00482-0014.pdf

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HERES WHY YOU AREN'T ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
Intermittent Fasting & Hunger - What the Science says
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg
>Tumors
Dr. Valter Longo - Fasting Cycles Retard Growth of Tumors
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
Google snake juice. Not strictly necessary, especially for short fasts (Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week. Also look up leangains.
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WON'T I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WON'T I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very MUSCLE SPARING when you fast.

Attached: eSXubsCD_400x400.jpg (278x278, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fURwtw_FYK0&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yall are faggots for starving yourselves

Fuckoff you scamming piece of shit go back to Jow Forums you lowlife shill

Hmmm... moneybelly or moneyskelly? Sergey Buterin

lol I earned around $470k on link and I would honestly suck this guys dick if he asked me to.

1K EOY

Anyway, doing OMAD and getting about 1000-1200 calories every meal.
I take only fish oil in the morning, is this enough for vitamins and shit?

Attached: 1560140044975.jpg (711x579, 62K)

Can I drink coffee on a fast?

If for weightloss yes, if for any other reason you shouldn't

im dry fasting till saturday. on day two rn.

I need it for energy because I’m tired

Based Nazarov Poster.

No Sustenance September, who's with me

Attached: Screenshot_20190826-150035.jpg (1080x1920, 301K)

What kind of bottle do you guys mix and drink your snake piss from
Does it really matter that much
Some people say plastic bottles are literally poisonous and will literally kill your gains, how much of dramatic broscience is in that

anyone catch Cole's stream last night? any good moments or rants?

Mad man

what app is that?

Ate big, had an intense workout, and started my fast. Should I eat something else or am I good?

FACT: 99.9% of fit healthy individuals accomplish their goals by eating healthy appropriately-sized portions of food, and working hard everyday.

I'm not anti-fasting (especially for people who are hugely obese and have binge eating disorders), and I have even completed a few very short fasts to challenge my willpower. And I'm glad you all have found your niche and you're all trying to make it..

But some posters ITT who act like fasting on salt water only, for days and days at a time, for the rest of your life, is the only way to lose weight and be Jow Forums, are brainwashed and narrow minded fools. These posters spend way too much time on youtube watching videos (by posters with credentials/souces you don't vet), and buy it as Gopel. (No different from a cult member or a religious individual.) Take what these posters say with a grain of salt. You should go outside and socialize and spend more time with actual humans living in society, and talk with the Jow Forums people you meet. Ask them what they do to stay in shape. 99% of them will not say they do prolonged snake juice fasts. Try suggesting long term snake juice fasts to Jow Forums people you meet in your day to day life. Get some feedback from Jow Forums people you see in real life, rather than someone posting at a computer.

1/2

Attached: 1553482430163m.jpg (640x539, 53K)

2/2

If you're new to these fasting threads, just be sure to take everything you read with a grain of salt. No one responding to you is a medical professional and just because they watched some video doesn't make the information contained within it correct. Every person is different but 99% of fit and healthy individuals eat healthy and workout daily and don't ever need to try drastic crash diets.

Trial and Error is your friend. Try out a routine for a few months, and if that doesn't work, try something different. I believe Fasting is a last resort after you've tried everything you can.

And NEVER fast because you think it's the easy way out. Many fasters ITT are only fasting because they are too lazy to work hard. Sweating and working out is hard. Cooking homemade healthy food and meticulously tracking your food intake is hard work. Don't chose to fast just because you want to be lazy and lay around all day, because once you finally start to eat again, you will gain back any weight you lost frok living a lazy sedentary lifestyle. Start developing active healthy habits NOW. Dont chose to be lazy your entire life.

Thanks for reading. And be safe. We're all going to make it (but most dont need snake juice fasting to make it)

Attached: rvl09tt0s6231.jpg (1000x525, 107K)

>Sanke Juice
Kek. Do people unironically fell for this meme?

Yeah, they do.

This thread is always full of people with diarrhea from it. It's a laxative.

Yo /fast/, let me ask you something thats bugging me for a while now, i began my fast today but im afraid that something will happen to me in this 5-7 day period, am i right to be worried or over exaggerating?
also how much weight can you lose in 5 days?

Der Boomer strikes again, just die old man
>Don't use the internet read a book lol it teaches good habits
> Dont't ride a car use a horse lol it teaches good habits
>Don't buy Link internet money, just buy stocks lol it teaches good habits

>tfw fasting and doing cardio every day
check mate

Depends on how fat you are, fatty.

78 Kg atm

fasting is suboptimal for muscle gain/retention, and don't you forget it.

Do you even need more than 2 days?

Get used to drink a lot of water. At the beginning it's not that bad, but it tastes awful after a while. Nonetheless, that's much better than dehydration. That could destroy you body. So, drink even if you believe that isn't necesary.

why would i need 2 days? i mean i'm trying to get to 77-76 but my final goal is 68

The absolute worst case is that you start feeling dizzy and lightheaded. You can just break it and you'll be fine in a few hours if that happens.

i forgot to say, since i dont got the money to buy the stuff to make snake juice, i'm doing plain water+ urine, i know it sounds weird but someone said that urine can replenish your electrolytes etc

you can get salt and no salt for less than $5 at walmart

btw can i break the fast with anything or should i aim for certain types of food?

>he thinks coomin is cardio

Life fasting

Too much salt in your juice

>he doesn't know the power of the COOMER

Kek when I saw the pic in catologue I thought I clicked on Jow Forums by mistake

>tries urine fasting
>ends up pic related

not fair bros, i guess i'll do plain water fasting

Attached: 14-Effective-Home-Remedies-To-Stop-Vomiting-1.jpg (720x810, 40K)

lmao this, what does sergey have to do with fasting? or did the Jow Forumstard who started this thread have literally no other relevant images?

okay can someone explain to me why cant you justs fast with salt+water instead of snake juice

Attached: 1566762863486.jpg (182x277, 9K)

After a series of short 1-2 day fasts every few days or a week I've lost nearly 10kg in the last 3 months and am now roughly 100kg.

Question, how much weight do you think I would lose fasting for a week or what you see reported on average for the non morbid turbo whales?

Water is all you need. Snake diet is a stupid cult.

But cole said plain water fasting is bad for your health for a number of reasons, was he lying?

How many credible sources did he cite? Zero.

Yes he is a liar. He fearmongers and bullies people into drinking his useless laxative because it strengthens his brand.

btw here's the video
youtube.com/watch?v=fURwtw_FYK0&t

watch it and tell me what you think

I just told you he's a liar. Zero scientific evidence provided in this unwatchable trash video.

The things he says are directly contradicted by science. Refeeding syndrome is characterised by low PHOSPHORUS. Not sodium or any of the other ingredients in his laxative juice.

Literally a snake oil salesman.

Stop linking his garbage. Stop watching his garbage. Stop discussing his garbage. He's not an expert in anything other than cult recruitment and fraud.

i lost 3 kg non-water weight on my first 7-day fast when i was slightly under 100kg

>Let's fast to clean our bodies but at the same time drink the waste
The absolute state of piss drinkers

ok dude. have you actually tried his method? many have and continue to get real results. and what is he selling?

Why would I drink a disgusting laxative solution while fasting?

He sells snake diet merch, coaching, and snake oil mixture, to name a few. He probably also monetizes videos. I don't know all his revenue sources.

All his fans are illiterate niggers who can't read books or scientific papers. You yourself are a shitskin 100% guaranteed. I can even tell by your writing patterns.

I've got to hand it to Cole: he managed to take something free and impossible to sell (i.e. simply not eating) and turned it into a branded product.

These threads should be banned for advertising, DESU. They are just a vehicle for shilling a product that nobody needs.

Not that bad desu
Were you quite sedentary or a bit active?

Going to start a 3 week fast today, been going well so far. Previous experience is only 1, 2, and 3 day fasts. If I can't make it 3 weeks, ill try to get at least 1.

Ill also try to update everyday, so I dont forget and accidently just eat, lmfao.

Anyone know how much bf% I could lose in this time? I'm 6'2-3 240 lbs rn, and using some spotty equation online and pics, seem around 26-27% bf.

i walked for at least an hour each day, as long as it was in the morning i had enough energy for that

Have any anons have experience with gaining 5 pounds from a single carb-heavy cheat meal (I;E pizza) after a long fast (3 weeks of 72's)?

It's frustrating the (proverbial) shit out of me.

Attached: 85975422.jpg (600x846, 56K)

It's just water retention, stay off the carbs for a few days and it'll go away.

I'm not the only Jow Forumsraeli who's fasting? neat

Attached: handsome-man.jpg (720x960, 155K)

kek this guy

I've gained 9 lbs in one day before. it disappears when you stop eating like a jackass

you fatties are retarded
dont fast to lose weight if you're just gonna eat like a fucking pig when you break your fast
youre trying to take a shortcut that will just end in your dumbass gaining any weight you lost back because you havent changed your shitty eating habits

Thanks, gonna keep myself accountable in this thread for the next week or maybe two
Currently at 48 hours

What brand? He isn't trying to sell anything. The recipe for snake juice was readily available before the packets and he wasn't even the one who came up with the packets. He tells you not to buy them and just buy the ingredients instead.
>laxative
You're not supposed to chug it

Read the post numbnuts. One pizza after a strict regimen of 800 kcal refeeds after 72 hours over a period of three weeks.

>Hurr eating like a fucking pig.

Please.

>You're not supposed to chug it
isn't he literally advocating for using MgSO4? (which is a laxative)

He sells lots of things including snake diet merch and coaching.

Stop shilling, Cole.

The coaching is free. He makes note of that numerous times in his videos.

you realise that things that work as laxatives have other uses too... many things in excesses amounts can make you shit.

yeah, but there are other magnesium salts which don't make you shit.
you can buy them at every pharmacy

Anyone ever try this? How does it taste? Gonna try intermittent fasting this week because I overate this past weekend, I want to shrink my stomach because I’m not feeling full on the small meals I fix (which worked fine up until recently for weight loss), and i’m Plateau-ing. Hoping a bit of fasting will help break me thru this hurdle.

Attached: E970BB8D-C8D1-4BCE-8325-CE30CC98A13D.png (750x1334, 404K)

Just take yohimbine. It makes fasting way better and easier. It suppresses appetite, speeds up fat lost, gives you tons of energy (especially when fatsing or on keto) and fixes fat distribution issues somewhat by making you burn fat evenly allover rather than in whatever specific spots your body prefers. Also it doesn't seem to build a tolerance, you can just take it forever.

>spbp
OP, KYS for trying to cringe meme your shit token across the site.
Also, get SEC'd!

>just had to reschedule MRI because I exceed their table weight limit at 410Lbs (table caps at 350lbs)
I'm a fucking disgrace. I've never been so mortified and I deserve to have the shit kicked out of me. I've never done actual fasting. I'm doing a 96 hour fast to start. I believe my self loathing will carry me through the first 48 hours easy.

I'm a blight on my family's name and a locust on society.

If it was truly free, he wouldnt monetize his videos, or accept donations

I guess fasting isn't good for brain gains, considering youre a fucking retard

LMAO

Perfect example of why fasting doesnt work!

You can convince yourself to not eat for days and days but when you go back to your fatass ways you have 0 healthy habits to fall back on! LMAO

CCOOOOOOOMMMMMMM

Attached: 1538701407792m.jpg (724x1024, 136K)

SPOT ON

DIDN'T READ NEVER SELLING YOU STREET SHITTING PAJEET FUCKS

Attached: 1565558304742.jpg (700x701, 87K)

Okay, guys hear me out.

So, green tea supposedly does not break a fast. Cold brewed too.

What If I make my snake juice out of green tea instead of plain water?

Does fasting in general fucks your metabolism?

fuck mike rowe
that fucking 'pledge' is privileged as shit and bootlicking to its core
fucking boomers

you can do it, user
60lbs for a guy like you can be lost in the space of as little as 6 weeks with strict dieting and exercise
fasting, it can be pretty damn quick
the important thing will be changing the lifestyle that caused you to gain that much weight.

How safe is it to mix fasting and big cutting?

Like if im only eating 700 cals 4 days a week and fasting the remaining three days?

I fast once a week and have 250k from OP.
Based.
>Nolinkers get rope
>sun and steel

when i try doing that i get uncontrollably hungry after eating but if you can make it work then more power to you

sorry bros i failed my 48h fast at 24h. Cuz there were a chunk of meat very yummy from yesterday but y family will not eat it and throw to the dogs.
It hits me hard and i broke the fast just for not waste a good meat.

you'll probably ruin some otherwise nice green tea

if it's just meat it's probably fine, just start over. Don't beat yourself, enjoy the food.

is /fast/ becoming cole shilling posting?

cole samefags every one of these threads like a douchebag

Also if you've ever watched his channel, he guilt trips his cult followers into shilling for him on here as well

And of course theyre gonna shill for him. What else do they have to do? They're fasting, 0 energy, laying in bed, grumpy, hating life, and so they shill for their cult leader like the brainwashed robots they are

I fell off the wagon. I'm back to eating three meals a day at random times. I forgot how to get into the fasting / self-improvement mindset, I'm lazy and complacent again. I want to get back to that. Fuck.

the best way to keep it off is to transition to keto for your refeeds.

just do it again, you will be motivated by seeing result. I transition from fasting to omad and still lose weight slowly. From 127kg to 81kg in 5 months. We all gonna make it!

Those are sweet fucking numbers. I want to be like you.

Currently on my first fast, 22 hours in. Developed a slight hand shake. Very minor but noticable when I'm holding this phone to text for instance. What am in for? I'm looking to do 5 days.

22 hours will do nothing, that's just placebo. The first 2-3 days are the hardest if you can even call them that, after that you have zero remanence of hunger even. It might be a good idea to start taking some electrolytes after this first day if you ever feel like it but 5 days is short enough to where it isn't a massive strain without them. Just make sure to never justify quitting early to yourself. Set that exact time when you can eat again and be stern. should be fine gl my dooder

Attached: 1565956543372.jpg (325x400, 13K)

>after that you have zero remembrance of hunger
lol bullshit

Yeah it's kind of like quitting smoking. Gotta get over the 3 day nicotine withdrawal hump. Thus far I've had
>2x sugar free rockstar drinks
>Diet Pepsi
>Water
>Have a sugar free 0 calorie Gatorade planned for when I need a bump.

maybe if you a weak willed bitch, my stomach cramps very mildly if anything, its kinda just a noticeable stomach readjustment if anything. biologically you really don't get nearly as much hunger as you ever will just eating carbs like normal

At least it's not like quitting benzos.
Don't ever try to quit a gabaergic cold turkey.