Workout Splits BRAH

Which is the most optimal workout split bros?
Pros and Cons of which one? Which workout split you use user?

Attached: Workout Splits.png (800x800, 327K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jimwendler.com/blogs/jimwendler-com/101065094-5-3-1-for-a-beginner
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107926751&page=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I do an Arnold split

P is push or pull, L is legs
P P L x P P L x
or
P P P x P L P x

For beginners full body focusing on heavy compounds and strength progression. For intermediate lifters PPL 6x a week (don’t know what the fuck that legs once a week shit is) with high volume each workout for hypertrophy or a 5/3/1 or some shit if you want to keep going for strength.

>only 1 leg day in ppl
nigga thats how you get chicken legs

nice 8 day week

>Following the 7 day week schedule

I think not

ABCABCX
A: Chest/Back
B: Shoulders/Triceps/Biceps
C: Legs/Abs

Every other split is shit except for brosplit as long as theres enough volume

beginner here and doing 3x a week for 3 months now... and shit i dont see myself going to the gym for more than 3x a week..

could i sustain this 3x a week even after im no longer a beginner?

Why not do ppl then? Or are you intentionally working antagonistic muscles on the same day?

Is my workout routine retarded or fine?
WOA: Legs and Shoulders
WOB:Back and Biceps
WOC:Chest and Triceps
Any feedback will be appreciated

ABxABxx repeat.
A - Squats, Deads, Shrugs, Rows, Curls
B - Bench, OHP, Tricep Extensions, Dumbell Press.

I do a 4 day upper/lower split, 2 of each. It's simple, allows me to recover and I hit everything at least 2x per week.

If your split isn’t the most optimal is there even any point in lifting

As far as Ive seen it nattys most likely lack shoulder and arm size, when doing ppl the body is already fatigued when you start with exercises targetting shoulders/arms and these muscles are also pre exhausted from the other exercies where they act as secondery muscles like bp, dips, chin ups etc. before.
When doing one day chest/back and one for shoulders/arms you will hit shoulders and arms on twice as many days as ppl, also working antagonistic muscles in one workout feels great, especially when supersetting. But doing a full heavy back and chest workout in one sitting can be exhausting, had good results with it tho

I wanted to reply with retard wojak image but then realised it's me who's retarded. nvm, user.

Still, I guess following a 7 day schedule is easier to keep track of your workouts.

You came here from reddit didn't you

weerrr

Why is FB only 3x /week?

You know you can do alternating FB, right?

AxBxAxBxA -> MonxWednesxFrixSun -> xTuesxThursxSatur >MonxWednesxFri...

You'd be training 4x a week twice a month atleast. Full body is the way to go for natties. You get the same protein synthesis for less time in the gym. PPL is only useful if you go 6x/week to the gym. Which is not my cup of tea. Also PPL seems to more effective when you are on juice, because that allows you to get the most of out of your gains.

Lol, thought same.

>Uses 7 day week
Not going to make it

Attached: 1566737944216.jpg (1488x795, 517K)

Chest/Shoulders/Arms
Back/Legs
OFF

push
pull
shoulders+arms
legs

no rest days

I wanna see the bodies beside each program posted in here for validity

For a beginner its full body 3x a week because you're hitting all your muscles 3x a week instead of 1 or 2 when they can take a beating and come back like nothing in a couple days.

Yes

thanks for the detailed answer

It's fine, so long as you are doing it 6 days a week.

Shoulders and legs obviously have little muscle synergy, so that choice seems to be a way to make leg day more enjoyable (assuming you don't simply enjoy working our legs). Shoulders will get worked on both your push day and your pull day, so you are kind of working them every day which may be excessive depending on what your actual sets are.

Starting the weekly cycle with the leg day is a good choice in my experience, particularly if you are doing heavy squats and diddlies. The rest day prior is necessary imo.

All in all, I think doing some variant of legs-push-pull twice a week is a fine choice, particularly for hypertrophy gains. If you are looking more for strength gains, then 3-4 days a week upper/lower split is better. I am not an advanced lifter, but this is the advice I've seen many times over and in my own experience it is correct.

Attached: 1564608300986.jpg (751x935, 119K)

Can I do an upper/lower monday to friday? Like:
Monday: U
Tue: L
Wed: rest
Thu: U
Fri: L
Sat and Sund: rest

That's the standard way of doing it. You best be lifting heavy though or you'd be better off doing 5-6 days a week.

A- push- squats, bench, ohp, triceps, shoulders
B- pull- deadlifts, pull ups, rows, biceps, core
ABxABxx
On first 2 days you go heavy, on other 2 you go lighter weights to make weight progression easier. Throw in cardio and some more leg work somewhere if you want!

It doesn't matter. A well put together 3 day program works better than 6 days of shit. There's plenty of well regarded programs by good coaches that're 3, 4, 5 or 6 days a week.

Yeah but 3 day program will take 2 hours to finish and your last lifts will suffer because of exhaustion.

>legs only once a week
Into the trash it goes

Ty !
I'll start today with Legs and Shoulders then

Sun OHP 1RM
Mon Front Squat 1RM
Tue Deadlift 1RM
Wednesday Rest
Thursday OHP 1RM
Fri F Squat 1RM
Sat Deadlift 1RM

I use a pyramid training style to reach the 1RM. Been making constant progress. Just waiting for a plateau. No accessories

Not if you do one created by somebody who knows what they're doing and has programmed it properly.

If you’re natty and not training like this why even bother

Saw this long ago posted, is this good ? Been doin it

Attached: 53543318_2333349280255294_5439298569662103552_n.png (874x624, 467K)

Not really as long as you vary intensity.

Check out Heavy Light Medium routines. Minimalist but hits all body parts 3x a week

You better make those squats count as this only have 6 sets for quads. Also, no direct hamstring work, you're gonna get injured. Hip thrust 3x10 is a nice addition though.

Look into say 531 for beginners. Lots of sub maximal volume so you end up doing three days full body but it doesn't take long and doesn't destroy you.

btw, I do squats 3 x 8 and Deadlifts 3 x 6

Post example please.

If your goal is to get big and strong, yes, that's fine.

When you can't progress workout to workout you switch to Texas Method or Madcow and progress linearly on a weekly basis.

Currently running a full body split because I don't have too much time during the week since my PhD is making me stay at the uni from 8:00 to 18:00 and training at night is terrible due to how full the gym is. So I just train from 06:30 to 07:30 Tuesday and Thursday and then do a longer session on Saturday.
The rest of the days I use for cardio and some active resting for those sweet cardio gains. It's specially nice since my campus has a cool place to jog and it's mostly empty at the evening.
I must say that a Full Body split is giving me much better strength gains. Certainly due to the amount of rest and focus on the main compound lifts.

jimwendler.com/blogs/jimwendler-com/101065094-5-3-1-for-a-beginner

all in your pic are retarded splits but middle one is the best of them

Depends on how frequently you train
>3 day: Full body
>4 day: UL
>5 day: ULPPL (so 1 general upper day, 1 push day and 1 pull day weekly)
>6 day: PPL
>7 day:
>1-2 day: UL split where you do Zumba on your lower body days and knitting on your upper body days because you're ngmi no matter what you do so you may as well do something your boomer wife enjoys too

Attached: hoodie allen 3.jpg (600x800, 55K)

Does it mean it is most or least retarded?

Cardio on saturday and sunday

Attached: dto.png (720x439, 19K)

Thanks. And when you progress to intermediate - advanced what program do you choose?

Madcow, the real 5/3/1, nSuns, PHUL, PHAT, PPL or something else
At that point it really depends on your goals and needs

Download 531 Forever and there's loads in there, some are full body 3 days I think.

There is no one 'real' 531 though.

im doing phrak's gslp. i am progressing on my lower body lifts and other lifts. some are kind of hard to progress.

is this a good time to switch? been doing it for 2 and a half months. but i still like the program so far. and i dont see myself going to the gym 4x a week. but it sounds nice cause i hate spending 2+hrs on the gym sometimes

exactly what im talking about.

No! You have to use an arbitrary 7 day period! Its the rules!

Push/Pull/Legs no rest days. Unless you are busy or sick, why have a rest day? Your muscles should be recovered after two days.

>Cocksquats

Attached: 1566180219787.png (350x350, 158K)

Best splits are PHUL or 4 Day Texas Method

When you can't progress on a workout basis, you should deload once or twice and then try again.

Madcow is my preference for an intermediate routine. In my opinion, it's fun and challenging. Follow the advice, though, and don't add extra shit for the sake of it. The routine will be challenging enough.

I mean anything that isn't the beginner 531 that was linked

Upper/Lower is best, PPL is for dyels

Not intermediate yet so im not gonna try that. If ever i wanna switch, i wanna do a hypertrophy routine cause i dont really care about strength lol

I workout everyday

lmfao reminded me of this
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107926751&page=1

least, unlike you
>misc-reant

Greyskull with added block periodization, like weekly, monthly or bi-monthly?

ABCXABC
A - Chest, Tris, Abs
B - Back(Traps included), Bis
C - Legs, Delts, Abs

isn't this just an altered PPL?

It's a bit better like in OP's pic but it absolutely can work

Do most people do PPL on an 8 day schedule? I just do PPLPPLX and it's been fine for me, but I'm not pushing very heavy weight yet.

I do SL 5x5 and im transitioning to Texas Method soon. I dont do all that split crap and isolating muscles cuz im trying to be strong not just big

But the 4 day split version of Texas Method is actually better than the full body 3 day one though

did you make it yourself?

full body at 2 on and 1 off. You'll get 5 workouts in a week and get huge fast. In order to make this work, avoid smoking, drinking, and eat very clean to help with recovery.

I tried that and was extremely fatigued. I was only doing basically 2-3 heavy compound lifts and a couple assistance exercises but even that was too much apparently

what the actual fuck