Time to GOBAD

In the 18th century sailors were given a gallon of beer a day, youtu.be/i1NcWU0xTog?t=77

Sailors
>questionable sexuality
>most fit people on the sea
>popeye

when did you realize it's time to GOBAD

Attached: 482.jpg (500x700, 67K)

>not realizing that the purpose of the beer was a preventative measure against spoilage of drinking water
Bet you don’t know the origin of the term “limey” either

popeye seems to only do wrist curls

>an alcoholic uses old time sailors who were riddled with disease as his life inspiration
sad life

>Bet you don’t know the origin of the term “limey” either
It's shorthand for 'cor 'blimey!'

It was called a press gang because if you could not OHP 1 plate they kidnapped you to serve as a cumdumpster aboard a Royal Navy ship.

Pipe smoking isn't very healthy.

people were very poor so they ate what they could get
shut the fuck up retard.

Why not just go to the mcdonalds then? Where they stupid?

mcdonalds is actually pretty expensive, at least where I live (NL)

More expensive than a gallon of beer?

Agagagagaga

The reason people drank alcohol almost exclusively back in the day isn't because it was "cheaper," or some other uninformed figment of your imagination.

Fermentation killed all the nasty bacteria and parasites in water. That's literally why.

>bro just drink 7 gallons of literally empty calories per week bro it totally make sense

beer was watered down

Alcohol percentage back in those days was a lot lower.

>dude water was toxic then that’s why it’s such a blessing to have our water laced with chemicals
Lame stream “factoid” with no credible source

And that beer was weak as shit, probably barely over 1-2%... You'd sober up drinking it.
Now the tot of rum provided by the British navy is based.

Sort of correct.
> Beer may not have been a replacement for water, but it was viewed as a more nutritious alternative than water. Even though it was weakly brewed from barley, at the time beer was a calorie-laden beverage that pulled double-duty with workers and farmers who were thirsty and in need of energy.
Replace sailor with farmer and you get your answer, it was an arduous and taxing job, clamouring about that rigging.

Well he's a sailor, most of my family works on boats and they all have huge forearms.

spot on.

French Canadien here. My father and his brothers all were and are superhuman stronfat. They were raise on a farm in New Brunswick and drank 5 or 6 cases of good beer a week. I belief there is truth to the idea that beer makes strong man.

You are just a poor peasant, unlike me