My physio has stared doing this to me, anyone else getting this done...

my physio has stared doing this to me, anyone else getting this done. it seems to work but I cant find any science that backs it. should I find a new physio or whut

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2019-08-26 at 16.46.09.jpg (1200x1600, 76K)

That's some nasty hickeys, bro.

Cupping is a thing that even some athletes do. I know Michael Phelps use to do it.
It’s a bit fringe but I think its whole medical purpose is to concentrate blood flow to certain muscle groups.

Are you a fucking moron? Also what is a "physio"? Is that how people say "scam artist" in Europe or something?

got my back also

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2019-08-26 at 16.53.14.jpg (1200x1600, 158K)

Cupping therapy is a thing lad.

Attached: 3DF5C58A-2C3C-4C9B-8461-AD40306B4809.jpg (320x180, 20K)

physiotherapy.., pretty sure they exist in most countries.

Yeah it is a garbage fad from a couple of years ago

jesus fucking christ are you dying

>physio

Your local witch doctor? Do they balance your chi as well?

good lord, is he Dr. Acula, by any chance?

>cupping
OH NO NO NO NO

>mfw I looked it up
Jesus christ this is fucking horrifying
Why would people willingly do this

Attached: DCBEFEB6-5116-477C-AB46-833BE3DDCD2E.jpg (480x361, 21K)

wasn't really a choice haha, she just said 'have you tried cupping', thought its worth a try.

I don’t know man this looks fucking terrifying and it looks like an even stupider form of acupuncture or some shit.

It pretty much is, along with moxibustion etc. They propably wrote him a prescription for powdered rhino testes as well.

haha not quite, believe it or not, the place I go is run by the university I attend. all the physio's working there are 3rd year students. this is getting taught to all the students haha.

>all of that blood
>one of them is on his fucking head
JESUS

>fad
It existed for thousands of years.

You look like a raw pepperoni pizza dude enjoy your scars

it doesn't scar...

Stop doing every retarded shit cute and stupid women say.

that shit can create blood clots that get loose and go to your brain and heart man. Physios are fucking scammers bro.
I had a bone injury and the bitch kept giving me ultrasound as if my fucking leg was pregnant. Also shocked me, which only numbs the skin and muscle for half an hour.

>she
well there's your problem

It's physical therapy in the US

>holistic medicine
Massive Yikes

There is no requirement for.you, a new lifter to get such a fringe, minimal impact quote treatment end quote.

Just like almost every chiropractor is a conman too.

Michael Phelps is also an Olympian who has eaten white bread, sweets and McDonalds. But you aren't an 9lympian and copying a famous person doesnt make you like them. Being rich does not make you immune to stupid things.

Physio student here
Cupping, just like dry needling, massage, acupuncture, or kinesio tape is a scam. These "therapies" may help slightly for short term pain reduction or muscle recovery, but that's it.
No studies (or shitty ones) have proven their effects on rehabilitation

It's not for imaging user. It's for physiological purposes in healing but the efficacy in ultra sound is low. It's mostly to make you feel less pain so it acts as an incentive for you to go back

t. Physical therapist

i dont normally make validation posts but i could see you had no (You)s and this post made me lol

>It's not for imaging user
I know it was a joke.
>'s for physiological purposes in healing but the efficacy in ultra sound is low. It's mostly to make you feel less pain
It literally did absolutely nothing. Unless you're a serious athlete physio your "career" is a lie and you're a thief.

Oh thats fine then. Might as well start leeching and casting out evil spirits if were going back to the old ways.

My population is the elderly user. I help them to get stronger, have more endurance, improve their balance, safety awareness, and improve their gait after having a hint replacement or heart attack or whatever. I don't use any ultrasound, cupping, or other modalities but I will do manual stuff like massage from time to time.

Why do they do them in hospitals?

you're thinking chiropractor in the US

Lobbying.
When a student is taught something at school he usually does it all is life without questionning it afterward.
And in hospital pain reduction is often more important than true rehab.

>Why do they do them in hospitals?
>Why would a hospital use an unproven but noninvasive therapy just to add $700 to a bill and keep their "physio" employed?
>genetically gifted pro athlete does a thing supposed give unproven benefit because his retard trainer told him to
>this means it works
yeah, just like Peak Performance Project is making NBA players "more athletic" by having them do bunny hops for 5 minute intervals

Jesus fuck, that's some medieval blood letting and leaches shit right there. What country is this, because I've never heard of this in the States.

Leeching is a legit medical practice. Leeches is used on cartilage damage operation to prevent blood clot.

Everything has its place. As much as people who thought vaccine can be substituted with essential oil is retarded, people who keep dissing anything that didn't come from western medical practices are because of some inherent "white superiority" is equally retarded. Stuff like acupuncture, shiatsu and ayurveda have its role in general human well being

Chinese weightlifters do it so it can't do anything bad at least

Tell your physio to fuck off before you end up in an hospital

Attached: 1557248992935.jpg (705x527, 247K)

Which country?